Arena/ship arena squatters

I’m getting really tired of people getting to number 1 in a shard then in the last ten minutes before payput stretching out a battle with no 2 to orevent sniping. This behaviour is grossly unfair to other players.

I ask that something be done about this. I understand that people want to hold position, but preventing other people from taking other positions is wrong. It happens in my ship shard on a daily basis and prevents me from getting the rewards I know would be able to get if it wasn’t for squatters.

This is a game of battles. It shouldn’t be about squatting.

Please find a way to change this.

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    You would rather take 1 and then be bumped back before payout than have the option to lock yourself once you get there? How is that fair to the person who took 1 that he can't keep it because it was 10 minutes early and you got in at the last second to snipe him?
  • Someone at 1 should not be able to block someone from getting to 2 just because they want to stay at 1. That is grossly unfair to other players.

And in my ship shard one particular player does it almost every day. And that player snipes as well!

This is utterly wrong.
  • The best alternative I can think of is that you are given a range of time to get to the highest spot that you can. Let's say I have two hours out of the day and whatever is the highest spot I can get during that two hours, that's the rewards I can get. This having to play at a single exact nanosecond of the day is kind of silly, if you think about it. Nothing else in the game is that precise. Even our free energy we have a whole two hours to collect.
  • No I’m not complaining about not being able to screw someone over, and that is a very revealing way to spin my complaint about this mechanism of the game. Do you squat, by any chance?

However. This is a competitive game. People fight to get the best rewards. Squatting undermines that - a whale cam sit at 1 all day if s/he wants to prevent anyone else ftom getting to the top two positions. A guild with members in the same shard can work together to prevent anyone from getting the top spots. Do you think thats right? By the way, its interesting that sniping is considered worse than squatting. The former is in the spirit of the game. The latter works against it. Though ironically, snipers tend to also be avid squatters.

My compaint is about people being ablr to defend their positions by preventing other people from getting to another position. I think this is wrong because it is against the competetive principle, and allows groups and guilds to gang up on players.

My suggested solutions might be for example -

1) you can only get to 1 from 2.

2) Inaction in a game for more than 15secs forfeits the turn and the other side goes.

3) inaction for 1 min or more forfeits the game

4) getting to 1 guarantees a reward whether you stay there or not

Maybe there are better solutions to the sniping/ squatting issue. But it is an issue. If it wasn’t people wouldnt be doing it, and spoiling the game for others.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    These complaints always boil down to an expectation that the devs will allow more people to get r1 rewards than currently get them. That's *highly* unlikely to happen. So if you want to propose something, it should take that into account, and be something more realistic.
  • I find it comical that youre assuming that im wanting to snipe 1 to 2 minutes before payout. Where in my op did I say that? Did I say I was sniping anyone? In fact the person at 1 sat there for an hour before payout.

Im not complaining aboit the person or the behaviour, by the way. I’m saying that squatting, and sniping, are inherent flaws jn the game at the moment, which work both against the purpose of the game (which is to encourage to soend money and currency in order to reach the top), and the spirit of competition in general. These are issues I think need to be addressed. Othewise whats the point iin trying to do well i. arena/ ship arena at all?

Thank you for noticing I put forward some potential solutions. Thank you for also recognising that this is an issue. However I don’t think that your response - which seems to be “imagine the problems that would occur if the system was changed” is an adequate one.

I reiterate. This is an issue about how arena works at the very top end - people shouldnt be able to orevent other players from achieving a different position and rewards.

• Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya!
    This does not appear to be a bug! Seems like a trend of players getting rank 1 and keeping that rank in the last few mins before payout.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
This discussion has been closed.