Character Strategy- Mother Talzin

Replies

• ScummerAntilles
    77 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    In other words Talzin's primary adversarial relationship isn't with GG and the droids. She doesn't care about the separatists and the "separatists" don't care about the night sisters. The Sith care about the night sisters and it is the conflict between these dark side factions that kills Talzin. GG was just the guy with a weapon handy at a split second moment Talzin decided to make herself vulnerable to save Maul while matching the combined power of the Sith. GG only "killed" her the first time because he was at the head of an entire army while the night sisters were a tiny clan - not unlike some of the most powerful Jedi masters being slain by droids or clones just due to sheer numbers.
  • Orba
    61 posts Member
    One thing that makes me doubt the need to use Separatists is that they are a faction that needs a revamp almost as much as the Nightsisters. As it stands there are 10 Separatists, GG and the two droids, 4 Geonosians, one Sith, One Nightsister and one Scoundrel, and few of them are of any use. They are mainly a group of individuals with no synergy between them. If they did a legendary with them they would then have to rebalance it as soon as the Separatist revamp happened.

People have said that Legendary events require you to have the opposite faction but that ignores the Yoda and CLS events.

There is also the fact that the current monthly character is Talia and the monthly reward is often someone useful for the new event that month so it could indicate that Nightsisters will be the faction needed.

Before Talia was announced the rumour was that the monthly character would be B2 if I remember, its always possible that the original plan was for us to use Separatists but the plan changed. It can happen, originally the Nightsisters were to be one of the factions used for the Places of Power event until the Devs realised that they were just too useless and they were switched to First Order.
  • leef wrote: »
    Winstar wrote: »
    DracuLaura wrote: »
    If GG really is a required toon for a legendary event to get MT (which is speculated in some circles), then that would be an exceedingly low blow to the player base. Waiting until we all drained our saved shard shop currency with the shard shop shipments change a few weeks ago, and then dropping an event that required gg. Could they be that utterly dastardly?

? GG was the first character I farmed out of the ship store when it was first introduced last November. He's been at 7* for me since like February and useless. Please make him a requirement and give him an update. It's not a blow to anyone, just the way it is.

I'm not a fan of the wording "a blow to", but grievous being mandatory would definately suck for many players, myself included. It is what it is, but i'm not a huge fan of making useless (your words), hard to farm characters mandatory to unlock legendary characters. A grievous rework is a whole different matter.

Totally agree but won't be mad cause if they what to make that money that will be the best play.
  • So let me get this straight you are showing us character strategy with MODS we can't get and don't want to make the characters look cool but unrealistic....that's pretty lame IMO
  • They never tell us how to unlock.
    Maybe a few days before event starts.
    Talzin can easily bring Sith back to arena.
    Any buff immunity will do
    Tfp,b2
    With ep,maul,sa
    So long chaze
  • leef wrote: »
    If GG really is a required toon for a legendary event to get MT (which is speculated in some circles), then that would be an exceedingly low blow to the player base. Waiting until we all drained our saved shard shop currency with the shard shop shipments change a few weeks ago, and then dropping an event that required gg. Could they be that utterly dastardly?

? GG was the first character I farmed out of the ship store when it was first introduced last November. He's been at 7* for me since like February and useless. Please make him a requirement and give him an update. It's not a blow to anyone, just the way it is.

I'm not a fan of the wording "a blow to", but grievous being mandatory would definately suck for many players, myself included. It is what it is, but i'm not a huge fan of making useless (your words), hard to farm characters mandatory to unlock legendary characters. A grievous rework is a whole different matter.

Let me be clear that I would take no issue with gg being a required toon if they hadn't just changed the shard shop shipments to entice anyone with saved currency to use it. Peeps would then need to choose between going back to the absurd gear crunch and farming gg, or ignoring him and buying gear. The player base carries on like little babies about the gear crunch, so why wouldn't this move be seen as problematic? That would be the underhanded aspect, not th fact that gg is required.
  • DracuLaura wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Let me be clear that I would take no issue with gg being a required toon if they hadn't just changed the shard shop shipments to entice anyone with saved currency to use it. Peeps would then need to choose between going back to the absurd gear crunch and farming gg, or ignoring him and buying gear. The player base carries on like little babies about the gear crunch, so why wouldn't this move be seen as problematic? That would be the underhanded aspect, not th fact that gg is required.

GG is farmable through shipments though
  • @CG_Conduit23 - Hello, when you get a minute can you clarify if Plague prevents self-dispels from toons like CLS? I think the use of the word “allied” is a bit confusing. Just want to make sure. Thanks in advance!
  • This toon seems to be even more broken than Chaze. Curious to see how this will end up, change nothing? Make a ton of money? Mass player quit? New Frankenstein squads? YouTuber madness? ... So much to expect lol.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Orba wrote: »
    People have said that Legendary events require you to have the opposite faction but that ignores the Yoda and CLS events.

CLS wasn't a legendary. Yoda was the first one and they may not have established the pattern yet.
    Before Talia was announced the rumour was that the monthly character would be B2 if I remember, its always possible that the original plan was for us to use Separatists but the plan changed.

That speculation, afaik, was based on nothing more than Kozi's used of the word "super" in a post about what was coming, that people took as a hint, and that she shortly thereafter clarified was not meant as a hint.
  • @CG_Conduit23 - Hello, when you get a minute can you clarify if Plague prevents self-dispels from toons like CLS? I think the use of the word “allied” is a bit confusing. Just want to make sure. Thanks in advance!
    it says allied as things like Vaders saber throw and Boba’s assassinate will still dispell them.

• MolCrudia wrote: »
    @CG_Conduit23 - Hello, when you get a minute can you clarify if Plague prevents self-dispels from toons like CLS? I think the use of the word “allied” is a bit confusing. Just want to make sure. Thanks in advance!
    it says allied as things like Vaders saber throw and Boba’s assassinate will still dispell them.

Upvote
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • just stick to 5* mods please.

+1000. 5* are bad enough for goodness sakes
  • WAGoudeau wrote: »
    Hiya!
    I'll be moving this to the Character strategy post as its better suited there, but to reiterate!
    Hiya!
    There are no plans for 6/7 dot mods this year. As with most of our Character Strat post gifs and media, there may be aspects the team is futzing with, experimenting or just using to make the showcase of the character cool.

Thank you for the reply...and no 6/7 Mods....until 2.5 months from now....

Yeah right, the yrs nearly over. And we'll hide this post in a section no-one reads! I only found it through a link from general discussion. This should be In Announcements. I read that, Updates & General discussion.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    Omeah wrote: »
    One thing that makes me doubt the need to use Separatists is that they are a faction that needs a revamp almost as much as the Nightsisters. As it stands there are 10 Separatists, GG and the two droids, 4 Geonosians, one Sith, One Nightsister and one Scoundrel, and few of them are of any use. They are mainly a group of individuals with no synergy between them. If they did a legendary with them they would then have to rebalance it as soon as the Separatist revamp happened.

There is also the fact that the current monthly character is Talia and the monthly reward is often someone useful for the new event that month so it could indicate that Nightsisters will be the faction needed.

Before Talia was announced the rumour was that the monthly character would be B2 if I remember, its always possible that the original plan was for us to use Separatists but the plan changed. It can happen, originally the Nightsisters were to be one of the factions used for the Places of Power event until the Devs realised that they were just too useless and they were switched to First Order.

CLS IS NOT A LEGENDARY CHARACTER

Idk how else can I say it. He doesn't unlock at 5*, he doesn't require a faction and the event doesn't have Legendary Event in its name. It is n-o-t-a-l-e-g-e-n-d-a-r-y

Neither does Yoda or EP.

Really the main point of legendary/extremely rare or what ever name you want to give to it vs a marquee is one set requires a specific faction/group at 7* to get said character to 7* the other does not.

As for Talia as login character people are reading to much into it. There is going to be spirited seasonal event that you can easily conclude will need nightsisters.
    Nightsisters
    October will also see one of our more popular factions get a much-requested update. We’re introducing several new Nightsister characters, so be on the lookout for their events. Finally, we’re going to end the month with a spirited, seasonal event; let’s see what else we can dig up with the Nightsisters.
  • Has anyone considered the possibility that BOTH Nightsisters and Sepies might be allowed this time? I find it very possible considering that this event does not sound like a legendary one.
  • MmoProNick wrote: »
    Has anyone considered the possibility that BOTH Nightsisters and Sepies might be allowed this time? I find it very possible considering that this event does not sound like a legendary one.

I don't think anyone considered that. (I know I didn't)
    Everyone jumped straight to Deathtrooper to pair with nightsisters. My first though is Cassian. He can pile on healing immunity, ability block, offense down, defense down, and speed down on a character and there will be no way to cleanse it.

Edit: I was thinking his debuffs were for 2 turn, but the single target copy debuff is only 1. So not near as big as I was thinking.

Wouldn't Emperor Palpatine work well too? Talzin would do damage to all plagued enemies after she hits with her basic combined with Palp doing the same thing with shock

Yeah I find palpatine to be 3 times as good as Death trooper, especially under ventress lead, for his self heal will give all your NS toons 50 turn meter.

That makes him sound even better to use.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    @CG_Conduit23 my brain is churning with a couple more questions.
    Will fulcrum be immune to plague? Poor fulcrum if not just keep taking additional health damage every turn. Plague does have Dot effect to it however so does burning and I don't believe she is immune to burning.

Will the ai waste abilities trying to cleanse debuffs if they have plague applied? Poor Thrawn lead ai if so.
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Brilliant meta-changing and lore-appropriate kit. Goodbye GK, Barris, Chirrut, Rex, and some shards heavy in Fulcrum being high in the meta (usage, not leader). And good riddance.

Imagine that CLS, DN, thrawn, and crit synergized teams will remain dangerous but much more susceptible. No more shrugging off every debuff in the game and preventing more in one move every few turns. I can already see the danger in EP, tarkin, vader, tfp, b2, GG, maul, vet han and chewie comps if used outside of full NS team. All with excellent debuffs but too easily cleansed and negated in current meta without right teammates.

Damage a health equalizer and its not a guaranteed cleanse, but close. zSavage appropriately enough will be nearly immune to plague while under attack, until fractured or heal/buff blocked.

As long as the unlock requirements aren't too steep, I think this is the best thing they've done all year with the NS rework. CLS is broken power. This is balance, IMO.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Will fulcrum be immune to plague? Poor fulcrum if not just keep taking additional health damage every turn. Plague does have Dot effect to it however so does burning and I don't believe she is immune to burning.

Will the ai waste abilities trying to cleanse debuffs if they have plague applied? Poor Thrawn lead ai if so.

No. Fulcrom has to dispell debuffs off herself, and plague cannot be dispelled by herself or allies (technically, vader or boba could dispel it). But yes, shell probbaly get massacred by constant health loss.....
    Everyone jumped straight to Deathtrooper to pair with nightsisters. My first though is Cassian. He can pile on healing immunity, ability block, offense down, defense down, and speed down on a character and there will be no way to cleanse it.

Edit: I was thinking his debuffs were for 2 turn, but the single target copy debuff is only 1. So not near as big as I was thinking.

Wouldn't Emperor Palpatine work well too? Talzin would do damage to all plagued enemies after she hits with her basic combined with Palp doing the same thing with shock

Yeah I find palpatine to be 3 times as good as Death trooper, especially under ventress lead, for his self heal will give all your NS toons 50 turn meter.

Might I add that Palp can shock which prevents healing, tmg, and buffing under plague, it essentially fractures a toon, just in a way that still lets them move
    MmoProNick wrote: »

Might I add that Palp can shock which prevents healing, tmg, and buffing under plague, it essentially fractures a toon, just in a way that still lets them move

Good thing I have Palp geared.
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon : regarding Kenobi's The Negotiator "Dispel all debuffs from all allies and grant them the opposite buffs...", can we assume that the dispel part will not work but the granting of buffs will?
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon : regarding Kenobi's The Negotiator "Dispel all debuffs from all allies and grant them the opposite buffs...", can we assume that the dispel part will not work but the granting of buffs will?

It don’t think it would since should wipe the debuffs first then grant the counters based on that. Would be incredibly odd to just get all the buffs. Also I don’t think they have things like tenacity up and won balanced. Tenacity up with tenacity down still basically tenacity up.
  • Has there been any comment on how cleanse by stealth will be affected by plague? Not the plague itself but the uncleansable debuffs effect. Would need to just allow stealth but keep all debuffs. Kinda worried this gonna cause / be a bug.
  • Nope. We ll just have to wait and see. A great great plague video would awesome. Plague against Rex lead, vs. ATF. R2's cleanse. Palp paired with talzin.
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    MmoProNick wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »

No. Fulcrom has to dispell debuffs off herself, and plague cannot be dispelled by herself or allies (technically, vader or boba could dispel it). But yes, shell probbaly get massacred by constant health loss.....

As fulcrum currently is that is correct. However they could also make her immune to plague hence my question.

As for Vader and Boba the way the game mechanics currently are I doubt they could dispel plague since a debuff dispel is the same regardless if it comes from enemy or ally.
  • Brilliant meta-changing and lore-appropriate kit. Goodbye GK, Barris, Chirrut, Rex, and some shards heavy in Fulcrum being high in the meta (usage, not leader). And good riddance.

I think zBarriss is going to laugh at Talzin. Let's just say Talzin attacks a character and puts plague on it. Another character attacks the plagued toon and crits it, only said toon still has protection left...protection absorbs all the damage and zBarriss gives them a 20% heal putting them back to full health and clearing the plague. Chirrut might have a bit tougher of a time, but it just seems like a race to stack HOTs vs Plague. Hermit Yoda will probably laugh at Talzin too. If Talzin becomes popular it just makes toons with access to heals more useful, not less.

I don't see Nightsisters shaking up the meta a lot. If they use Han in some sort of rebel team they just stun Talzin, wreck Daka, finish Talzin and NS are pretty much crippled. If they run a GK/zBarris/Nihilus team it seems like it will be hard to stick plagues early on thats to Barriss heal and passive heal, and if you do manage to get a few to stick Nihilus will have probably already annihilated once or twice and crippled your revive potential.

It seems like tenacity up also pretty much shuts down plague. I mean...sure...you'll still get plagued if its coming in a manner that can't be resisted...but ultimately I'm more worried about a pile of debuffs I can't get rid of because of plague than just plague itself.

I think NS will just end up like Phoenix...they'll have a lot of synergy and be a fun squad to play that is decent at a lot of things but awesome at nothing. Hopefully like with Phoenix where we at least got Ezra who is still great outside of a Phoenix squad, maybe we'll end up with a NS or two good enough to plug into non-NS squads.