Am I close on Thrawn?

Am I even close to being able to 7*? I'm just looking for suggestions. I'm getting closer, but not sure if it's just my low abilities, gear, mods, or a combination. I'm trying to decide if I should move on and try next time, or if can move some mods around to make it work. Thanks in advance.
https://swgoh.gg/u/broncoman24/collection/?f=phoenix

Replies

• You're better than I am, and I have a zeta on Sabine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mods with speed and all assist on Zeb. Kill DT first
  • I don't know if it's a glitch on my end, or accurate, but I'm only seeing mods on Ezra. You definitely need mods on them all. I recommend speed and offence/critical for Ezra, Speed/potency for Hera, Potency/protection for Zeb, Health/protection for Kanan and Chopper.
  • Speed and more speed. Put in Hera, then Ezra, then Chopper, then Zeb and then Kanan.

Use chopper to debuff the stormtrooper, then take out the death troopers then the healers then the stormtrooper and then Thrawn.

Keep using the specials on Zeb and let him go to town.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • You certainly can do it at G8 but you may well require many tries until such time that RNG turns in your favour. I'd suggest speed of 200 or thereabouts on Ezra and Hera.
  • Ejb
    12 posts Member
    I have 6* Thrawn and I'm happy, lol. You must have gear 9-10. 6* is easy..7* not.

https://swgoh.gg/u/ejb/collection/?f=phoenix
  • Corrog wrote: »
    I don't know if it's a glitch on my end, or accurate, but I'm only seeing mods on Ezra. You definitely need mods on them all. I recommend speed and offence/critical for Ezra, Speed/potency for Hera, Potency/protection for Zeb, Health/protection for Kanan and Chopper.

I have mods on all of them. Maybe swgoh.gg hasn't updated yet? Sorry, should have checked that first. In just put them on this morning.
  • I managed to 7 star the blue meanie with this team: Ezra g10, no Omegas; Hera, Zeb, Chopper, Kanan g8 with omega’d Uniques.
    Mods were important. I spent an hour using swgoh.gg to find my best mods to configure them per apps.crouchingrancor.com. My mods aren’t great – two were 4 dot instead of 5 dot.
    Tactics were also key. It took me several attempts to get a feel for Phoenix squad. Attack the DT’s first – easy because their AoE generates so many counters. Taunt with Kanan (or Chopper if necessary), put Backup Plan on the fractured toon. Use Kanan and Zeb’s Protection Up to protect your taunter. Chopper and Ezra can remove buffs on the Stormtrooper. Keep doubling up on Zeb’s basic to stun when Stagger isn’t available. PS needs more tactics than just attacking, working the specials is important.
    Good luck helps too.
  • I managed to 7 star the blue meanie with this team: Ezra g10, no Omegas; Hera, Zeb, Chopper, Kanan g8 with omega’d Uniques.
    Mods were important. I spent an hour using swgoh.gg to find my best mods to configure them per apps.crouchingrancor.com. My mods aren’t great – two were 4 dot instead of 5 dot.
    Tactics were also key. It took me several attempts to get a feel for Phoenix squad. Attack the DT’s first – easy because their AoE generates so many counters. Taunt with Kanan (or Chopper if necessary), put Backup Plan on the fractured toon. Use Kanan and Zeb’s Protection Up to protect your taunter. Chopper and Ezra can remove buffs on the Stormtrooper. Keep doubling up on Zeb’s basic to stun when Stagger isn’t available. PS needs more tactics than just attacking, working the specials is important.
    Good luck helps too.

Thanks for your reply
  • Boooo
    106 posts Member
    T_Servo wrote: »
    Am I even close to being able to 7*? I'm just looking for suggestions. I'm getting closer, but not sure if it's just my low abilities, gear, mods, or a combination. I'm trying to decide if I should move on and try next time, or if can move some mods around to make it work. Thanks in advance.

Sorry to say it but by the looks of them in your roster, try again next time.

I do not see mods on anyone other than Ezra as well and agree with @Corrog on the types of mods you need.

I also see your gear is all level 8 - you need at least gear 10 I'd say and all zetas available. I do not see that your team has all available Omegas either, let alone zetas.

Don't get me wrong, I feel your pain. Due to the hard time limiting farming available last time (back in June), I also feel that this event was made harder as well this time around, almost requiring the need for zetas.

I missed Thrawn last time (June) and was only able to unlock at 6* this time. Rather than pull my wallet out and spending loads on possible chance to get him - I am f2p and decided I'll continue to work on Phoenix, gear them up, get better mods and get their zetas and try again next time. It is very frustrating to say the least.
  • Boooo wrote: »

I do not see mods on anyone other than Ezra as well and agree with @Corrog on the types of mods you need.

I also see your gear is all level 8 - you need at least gear 10 I'd say and all zetas available. I do not see that your team has all available Omegas either, let alone zetas.

Don't get me wrong, I feel your pain. Due to the hard time limiting farming available last time (back in June), I also feel that this event was made harder as well this time around, almost requiring the need for zetas.

I missed Thrawn last time (June) and was only able to unlock at 6* this time. Rather than pull my wallet out and spending loads on possible chance to get him - I am f2p and decided I'll continue to work on Phoenix, gear them up, get better mods and get their zetas and try again next time. It is very frustrating to say the least.

Thanks for replying . It's not looking good for me. I took my mods off my arena team and I got closer, but I think with the time left I'll have to wait another 3 months.
  • T_Servo wrote: »
    Boooo wrote: »

Thanks for replying . It's not looking good for me. I took my mods off my arena team and I got closer, but I think with the time left I'll have to wait another 3 months.

Well, don't give up. You never know if RNG will just grant you a free pass, but it does look pretty difficult with your current team. I know gear 8 can work, I've seen it. It's just reliant on RNG.
  • Corrog wrote: »

Well, don't give up. You never know if RNG will just grant you a free pass, but it does look pretty difficult with your current team. I know gear 8 can work, I've seen it. It's just reliant on RNG.

I'm going to keep trying today, but if not I need to get my mods back on my arena team. Thanks for checking.
  • I got 7* on Thrawn with Ezra gear X and everyone else gear VIII (I did not use Chopper) took me about 20-30 tries. Key is getting down to Thrawn (obviously) and then stunning him (I got away with not stunning him)
  • T_Servo wrote: »

It's rough! I used G9 Hera, the rest were at G8 but I have sabine rather than chopper. I failed 10 times with decent mods. So I took the mods off my best toons, and fell from the top 20 in arena to the 60's in 1 hour...but I digress. With the very best mods I possess, I was able to beat him with the right RNG in waive 4. I took out the death troopers first, then worked on each of the others, ignoring Thrawn. Even that strategy took several attempts. I think you have a shot, but it won't be easy. Best of luck.

https://swgoh.gg/u/shartnpants/
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    You know the kill order on 4/4 right? Debuff the taunting trooper then basically ignore him, Kill the DTs, Kill the Commandos/healers, then the Taunter, then Thawn. Auto-battle won't win it for you unless you are like all GX and modded awesome.

Keep doing that until you get RNG to win out. If you are getting thrashed by the DTs or unable to keep the taunt off, then it means you need more gear and mods and if RNG isn't on your side there's no way around it other than more gear. Doesn't really matter if you use Chopper or Sabine IMO. Level 85 and Omega everyone but don't waste a zeta on any of them unless you are crazy.

All gear 8 is a bit of a stretch, you should at least G9 Ezra first at the minimum, then G9 Hera to help with your odds.

Good luck.
  • Edge
    27 posts Member
    “A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?”

- Joshua, War Games
  • Winstar wrote: »
    You know the kill order on 4/4 right? Debuff the taunting trooper then basically ignore him, Kill the DTs, Kill the Commandos/healers, then the Taunter, then Thawn. Auto-battle won't win it for you unless you are like all GX and modded awesome.

Keep doing that until you get RNG to win out. If you are getting thrashed by the DTs or unable to keep the taunt off, then it means you need more gear and mods and if RNG isn't on your side there's no way around it other than more gear. Doesn't really matter if you use Chopper or Sabine IMO. Level 85 and Omega everyone but don't waste a zeta on any of them unless you are crazy.

All gear 8 is a bit of a stretch, you should at least G9 Ezra first at the minimum, then G9 Hera to help with your odds.

Good luck.

Great strategy. I keep trying but I don't think I'm powerful enough yet. Thank you.
  • Managed to beat 7* Thrawn with the following team....
    Ezra g 10
    Zeb g8
    Hera g8
    Kannan g8
    Chopper g6

It did take me, what seems like 40+ tries. Had good mods on half.
  • Edge wrote: »
    “A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?”

- Joshua, War Games

Nice retro quote man
  • Boooo
    106 posts Member

Ok so I rejigged a mod (swapped potency/speed arrow from my EP onto Hera) and managed to get the second stun gun on Zeb and beefed up a few other mods where I could, knowing who needs what.

With really good RNG after about a dozen attempts I beat Thrawn and unlocked him at 7* - I have full omegas but not 1 zeta.

Try moving mods around - even off your arena team (just remember to move them back after) and hope that does the trick for you.

Good luck
  • Boooo wrote: »

Ok so I rejigged a mod (swapped potency/speed arrow from my EP onto Hera) and managed to get the second stun gun on Zeb and beefed up a few other mods where I could, knowing who needs what.

With really good RNG after about a dozen attempts I beat Thrawn and unlocked him at 7* - I have full omegas but not 1 zeta.

Try moving mods around - even off your arena team (just remember to move them back after) and hope that does the trick for you.

Good luck

Thanks for your response.
  • Just finished it. Using the same strategy as everybody said: DT first – Taunter / Healer second – Thrawn Last.

My team is G8 for all, Omega on Hera, Kanan and Chopper. Best speed mods on them, with Potency on Zeb and chopper.

The key for me was to have a good management of Fracture with the Taunt of Chopper and Back-up plan of Hera.

About 20 /30 Tries to unlock him. Keep trying, it’s worth it.
  • Adonijah wrote: »
    Just finished it. Using the same strategy as everybody said: DT first – Taunter / Healer second – Thrawn Last.

My team is G8 for all, Omega on Hera, Kanan and Chopper. Best speed mods on them, with Potency on Zeb and chopper.

The key for me was to have a good management of Fracture with the Taunt of Chopper and Back-up plan of Hera.

About 20 /30 Tries to unlock him. Keep trying, it’s worth it.

No it's not worth it! Five days of hours upon hours of playing, tinkering and upgrading PS just in hope the "RNG" will be there for me. They rigged this event so hard that I'm shocked. In every video of people successful on faze four Thrawn was a puppet. What mods and gear on the PS have to do with that? Is there a scripted thing that at certain combinations of mods and gear he stops his fracturing and one shooting everyone? And I'm shocked also by the fact that people are fine with it! This event is over for me. Maybe next time, if they will not make it zeta dependant, I will complete it with brute force, g10 or 11 on everyone.
  • EmeraldZx wrote: »
    You're better than I am, and I have a zeta on Sabine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mods with speed and all assist on Zeb. Kill DT first

Zeta Sabine is super cool, it turns Sabine into Director Krennic LOL