General Grievous Rework [Move Set Suggestion and General Discussion]

Jammax
21 posts Member
edited October 2017
I know we aren’t expecting a General Grievous rework this month but we know it is coming eventually. I’ve made some changes to his move set and feel like it is something that should maybe be checked out by the Devs of the game as the dark side need some love (especially Grievous himself) so a +1 and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I shall explain my reasons behind my changes below each move. Thanks

Furious Assault (Basic):
Deal physical damage to target enemy 4 times. Reduce the cooldown of Grievous' Rage by 1 for each critical hit scored. This attack can’t be evaded or countered.

GG has 4 lightsabers so it should damage the enemy 4 times. Not much change from the original

Grievous’ Rage (Special): 10 turn cooldown UPDATED
Deal Physical Damage to all enemies and inflict Deathmark for 2 turns. Allies gain 50% turn meter and this attack can’t be evaded or countered.

Powerful ability like Nihilus’ Annihilate and Thrawns Fracture, makes GG extremely more viable against all team compositions. Another use of the Deathmark ability which has been proven a very good debuff.

Sinister Laugh (Special): 4 turn cooldown
Inflict Health and Speed Down on all enemies for 2 turns and dispel all buffs on them. All allies gain the buffs that are dispelled (excluding taunt).

Speed down added and a dispelling ability and buff gaining ability. Nice boost to all allies as well as weakening enemies

Daunting Presence (Leader):
All enemies have -20% Critical Chance and -20% Critical Damage. Dark Side (Droid and Separatist) allies gain a new special ability, Tactical Retreat: Dispel all debuffs, recover 20% of their Max Health and Protection. Gain Stealth for 2 turns.

ZETA: (-50% Counter Chance, additional -10% Critical Chance and Critical Damage. All allies gain Advantage for 2 turns whenever an enemy is defeated and gain 30% turn meter)

With Zeta: All enemies have -30% Critical Chance, -30% Critical Damage and -50% Counter Chance. All allies gain Advantage for 2 turns and 30% turn meter whenever an enemy is defeated. Dark Side (Droid and Separatist) allies gain a new special ability, Tactical Retreat: Dispel all debuffs, recover 20% of their Max Health and Protection. Gain Stealth for 2 turns.

Leader ability could bring the dark side back into the meta. New special ability is given to Dark Side but should probably only be given to Droids and Separatists (but we can hope). New special ability is similar to what Thrawn provides with his leader ability. The ability is a take on his current unique which I think is awful as the random taunt doesn’t help at all. I think the ability is nice and kind of acts as a better retreat with health recovery and retreating into stealth than his current unique ability provides.

Also a nice Zeta on this ability :D

Make them Suffer (Unique):
Whenever an ally uses a basic ability they have a 50% chance to call a random ally to assist.

ZETA: (additional 50% chance and assist deals +20% damage)

With Zeta: Whenever an ally uses a basic ability they have a 100% chance to call a random ally to assist dealing +20% damage.

A completely new unique which I think will have a lot of use in making the enemy team suffer!

If the Grievous rework comes with a Separatist/Droid Rework his move sets could be altered slightly to synergise more with them.

Let me know what you all think and make any suggestions :D
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• I personally think that this is making hem way too OP, he needs to be good not too good. This is CLS meta all over again but then bigger
  • I personally think that this is making hem way too OP, he needs to be good not too good. This is CLS meta all over again but then bigger

i did think so too, thats why i am asking for suggestions, was trying to balance him with CLS so we could see some dark side teams higher up in arena again
  • Yeah, way too OP. That rage attack taking away all protection is too much. Death mark I dont think he's fit for that either. A powerful cooldown ability why not but not this. Also the unique is fine but should only apply to separists or droids.
  • Ejb
    12 posts Member
    Special is most op
  • Spyda
    318 posts Member
    Moving to Feedback: Characters
  • Ejb wrote: »
    Special is most op

What would you suggest then? :) You could remove the protection part, but then is it strong enough? Death mark can be dispelled easily
  • Special too OP nerf grievous
  • Ejb
    12 posts Member
    Yes, without protection part is great.
  • Updated Grievous Rage move to make it less OP
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm all for an insane grievous rework, but some stuff is OP and he could solo an entire team.

His basic attack has to deal reduced damage after the first or else it will do 40k or more, and can't be a crit or else when he is used with HK lead he can attack indefinitely.

I like Grievous Rage but deathmark on everyone is too much because the debuff is insanely good. Deathmark on the primary target would be good, and then expose on everyone else. And then since it doesn't synergize with his basic attack much anymore change the cooldown to 5 or 6.

Sinister Laugh and Daunting Presence look perfect. Love the idea of giving Tactical Retreat to everyone (like with Thrawn lead) and that it gives stealth only. But I think the -50% counter chance should only be for droid and separatist allies.

Make Them Suffer is too OP. Maybe change it to whenever a droid or separatist ally uses a special ability call a random ally to assist dealing 75% less damage. Remember that you'll always be using HK with droids (impossible to replace his leader ability for a droid team since its so good) so basic attacks will happen insanely often and making them a guaranteed double attack is too much.

Overall it's really good, but some tweaks need to be made to make it less OP, and then it's perfect :)
  • STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    I'm all for an insane grievous rework, but some stuff is OP and he could solo an entire team.

His basic attack has to deal reduced damage after the first or else it will do 40k or more, and can't be a crit or else when he is used with HK lead he can attack indefinitely.

I like Grievous Rage but deathmark on everyone is too much because the debuff is insanely good. Deathmark on the primary target would be good, and then expose on everyone else. And then since it doesn't synergize with his basic attack much anymore change the cooldown to 5 or 6.

Sinister Laugh and Daunting Presence look perfect. Love the idea of giving Tactical Retreat to everyone (like with Thrawn lead) and that it gives stealth only. But I think the -50% counter chance should only be for droid and separatist allies.

Make Them Suffer is too OP. Maybe change it to whenever a droid or separatist ally uses a special ability call a random ally to assist dealing 75% less damage. Remember that you'll always be using HK with droids (impossible to replace his leader ability for a droid team since its so good) so basic attacks will happen insanely often and making them a guaranteed double attack is too much.

Overall it's really good, but some tweaks need to be made to make it less OP, and then it's perfect :)

I like these changes you would make, when I was thinking about this I didn't really think about droids or separatists as didn't know whether they would get a rework too. Could add some sort of synergy with dooku as well as he was trained by him
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Jammax wrote: »
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »

I like these changes you would make, when I was thinking about this I didn't really think about droids or separatists as didn't know whether they would get a rework too. Could add some sort of synergy with dooku as well as he was trained by him

IG-100 synergy would be good too :) Another thing i forgot to add is that you should try to add back in the part of his unique that gives him bonus protection for each droid ally. Here's what I've made regarding droid reworks in case you're interested. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/136446/droid-faction-pass-idea#latest
  • They should add magnaguard captain. That way instead of "when any ally uses a basic attack" and are called to assist only magnaguard and the captain are called to assist. Would also be lore friendly given grievous never went anywhere without magnaguards.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Shouldn't Grievous be a fleet commander for the seperatist faction?
  • I_Am_Kong wrote: »
    Shouldn't Grievous be a fleet commander for the seperatist faction?

Allegedly Gunray will be the fleet commander for the Separatists if they get a capital ship. Data for the great General's starfighter, Soulless One, has been found in the files as unused.

If Grievous is getting a ship, it's likely his own.