What happened 72 days ago?

I don't normally create topics like this but this is just too weird.

I just went through my allies list and found six (SIX!) people who have been inactive for 71-74 days. Everyone else on my allies list has been active within the past few days.

What's really weird about this is that they weren't connected in any way I can figure out. Some were from my arena shard, two were still in random guilds and one or two of them were from my old guild.

Did something happen in the game 72-ish days ago that would cause an exodus? That was before the first TB so it wouldn't be that. Anyone know?
The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
-Sun Tzu

Replies

• CLS happened.
    If you couldn't get him, it would make your life pretty miserable in several areas of the game.
  • It means end of July-first days of august, right?
    CLS event it seems....
  • It means end of July-first days of august, right?
    CLS event it seems....

Yeah August 1st was 72 days ago. You're right, that must be it. I completely forgot about that. They must have quit when they realized they weren't going to unlock him.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Boooo
    106 posts Member
    Wow - I didn't unlock Thrawn first time around then came to the realization I wasn't going to unlock Thrawn this time around either and made piece with it. I did't quit.

But then I rearranged some mods and unlocked Thrawn 7* anyway - my point is, if you cant do something right away, work on it, don't quit - its like anything in life.

I won't get Chimaera - but I will next time, because I'm gonna work on it!
  • Boooo wrote: »
    Wow - I didn't unlock Thrawn first time around then came to the realization I wasn't going to unlock Thrawn this time around either and made piece with it. I did't quit.

But then I rearranged some mods and unlocked Thrawn 7* anyway - my point is, if you cant do something right away, work on it, don't quit - its like anything in life.

Yeah exactly!

I'll be getting Chimaera at 5* this time, maybe 7 next time. I got Thrawn at 5 last time, 7 this time.

I didn't get CLS due to just terrible luck and timing, but I've managed to stay in the top 50 of my shard regardless (I used to be top 20). My shard is full of CLS. I'll get him next time.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Or maybe they’re students and the new semester was starting soon, so with TB looming and the time commitment for that and the meta switch they decided It was no longer a valuable investment in their entertainment time. Or any number of other reasons why the TB and CLS frustration combined with RL made them decide a mobile game shouldn’t be a RL dictator...one of my guildies left right about then because it was no longer fun for him and took up too much of his free time. He got CLS

Those people must just have a lower threshold for nonsense. Good on them.

CLS is the most OP toon released thus far and stated as such by the Devs on release, so I understand someone wanting to quit knowing he/she will likely be one of the few people who don’t have him.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    The value of speculation is really a personal item! Not everyone will like a new item or feature, while others will love it , and some will totally loathe it like kylo and control panels (#troopersturnback)

Posts like these tend to add to divisive side comments, so be civil to each other, leaving up but a entirely ooc convo.

Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Cg fixed the last activity indicator some time in the past. Previously if you had no activity but were attacked in arena, your timer would refresh.

Now it's a better gauge. This fix likely occurred 72 days ago