Finally did it at level 80

ChaosDragoon
41 posts Member
edited October 2017
So after hours and hours and hundreds of tries ( yes hundreds , don't know how many but way too much ) i was finally able to complete the Thrawn event.

Group was level 80.
Ezra G10 with basic maxed 181 speed
Hera G8 with Leader/backup maxed 167 speed
Zeb G8 with basic/unique maxed 139 speed 50% potency ( not enough Pot imo )
Kana G8 with basic/unique maxed 103 speed
Sabine G9.5 with basic maxed 186 Speed.

The more i upped Sabine, the farther i would get on good RNG tries. I have chopper at G7
but preferred Sabine overall.

The last few days i have been spending 100% of my cantina points on health mods ( only one i have unlocked that ios usefull atm) to try and getsome speed.
It really made a difference even if i didn't increase it that much

So don't give up if your still trying.....it's a frustrating thing to try and achieve. The fight needs to go in a certain way and it kinda kills the fun out of it . Even with good strategy a single shot of bad luck can be game over.

Here's a screen cap of what my team looked like when only Mr.Blue was left lol.
In the end only Ezra Zeb and Hera were still standing .

8AyznN9.png

Edit : Group image from character screen added

0WcZF0V.png

Replies

• The fact you covered up GAT icon is suspect. Easy to be any tier other than 7 where Thrawn is 88 elite
  • ChaosDragoon
    41 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    _ho0ligan_ wrote: »
    The fact you covered up GAT icon is suspect. Easy to be any tier other than 7 where Thrawn is 88 elite

Well its my messenger icon from the last person i got a message from. Since i took a screen cap its displayed.
  • Added an image of my characters to main post.
  • Hmmm, thanks for the pic. Makes me smh more as I've been at tier 7 since it opened and have gotten close many times. It seems tho that as soon as I get the upper hand Thrawn changes strat and starts one shot' n my squad. Even got as far as 4v1 and he cleaned house.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ho0ligan/collection/?f=phoenix
  • I know the feeling .... the event is pure frustration. I had one perfect try where i had 3vs Thrawn and he had 15% health let max and i missed all my hits on him and he killed me one by one.

At phase 3 I tried to have the max TM possible at the end on most of the team, but at least Ezra and Kanan or Hera so that i could at least have 1-3 characters have a turn before they have a second turn....

Then the best start is when one or two DT shoot instead of grenade, Thrawn TM's the ST and the ST double taunts. But anything can go badly even after a start like that.
  • I still suspect there is some background coding to favour the 'house' this event should be called vegas rules art of war. I have Thrawn at 6* and use him, I know his kit and he doesn't build crit or offence that would enable him to either one shot from the beginning nor half way through. I get that fracture may take a toon out if crit happens but there are other things going on with my runs that seem very odd and beyond rng.
  • The purple protection in the pic is proof it’s tier 7