Question on Hero Stats

1) How does special damage and special critical rating apply to heroes who do not have a special damage?

Healers' special skill is usually a healing skill, but they still have a special damage and special critical rating. How do those stats apply?

For example, Old Daka's special skill is the Chant of Resurrection which "all allies recover health equal to x% of Old Daka's max health, with a x% chance to revive defeated allies at 1 health." Given the description of the skill, I don't see how her special damage and critical rating impacts the healing (in fact, she has no skills that mention anything about special damage).

2) How does potency and tenacity work?

Are they additional modifiers on top of what the skill percentage is? So if an hero has a skill that provides x% chance to stun the target and has y% potency, then does the chance to stun the target become (x + y)%?

Same with the tenacity. Does it add on top of dodge or resistance?

3) Physical/Special critical rating

Unlike potency and tenacity, why aren't these two stats expressed in percentages? What is the max number for these stats? I am presuming it is greater than 100 as I have an hero whose physical critical rating is greater than 100

4) Luminara's special skill that deals physical damage

Force Blast is classified as a special skill, but the description states it deals physical damage. Would it apply the physical damage or the special damage stat - i.e. do I follow the skill classification or the description of damage type?

Anyone???

Replies

• I guess no one has answers to the questions that I raised... :(

EA_Jesse? I believe there has been few similar posts asking about clarification with regards to hero stats. Could you care to provide some explanations? Thanks in advance.
  • +1
  • ckl
    18 posts Member
    Well, the first three were easy:

1. Healer abilities have nothing to do with special damage stat when % of health is explicitly listed.
    2.tenacity reduces the chance of being effected by a debuff, potency improves your chance of applying a debuff on your opponent. Both cases consider your opponents potency/tenacity
    3.i think of mathematical functions here. don't over think it. Yes higher ratings are better.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    The skill/attribute descriptions are going to do you more harm than good if you try to rely on them.

Some characters are better than others even with considerably worse stats on paper.
  • ckl wrote: »

1. Healer abilities have nothing to do with special damage stat when % of health is explicitly listed.
    2.tenacity reduces the chance of being effected by a debuff, potency improves your chance of applying a debuff on your opponent. Both cases consider your opponents potency/tenacity
    3.i think of mathematical functions here. don't over think it. Yes higher ratings are better.

Thank you for the response, but I am afraid the answers are somewhat generic and do not add more to what we already know from the in-game descriptions...

We all know every hero has a special damage rating, but a lot of them (not just healers) do not have abilities associated with special damage (at least according to the ability description). Then why do they have a special damage rating in the first place? A further question can be asked as to why different abilities deal different damage when the damage source is the same. Using Lumi as an example, her normal attack and Force Blast are both physical damage and their upgrades offer the same +30% damage, yet Force Blast deals considerably more damage than the normal attack.

Higher stats is obviously better, but I was hoping for more insight on how these ratings actually work. A 4*, max-geared Dooku has 140% potency. What does that mean when he does his stun attack? In addition, as mentioned above, some heroes deal more damage than other heroes with comparable ratings. Why?

• RayRevan
    95 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    ckl wrote: »

Thank you for the response, but I am afraid the answers are somewhat generic and do not add more to what we already know from the in-game descriptions...

We all know every hero has a special damage rating, but a lot of them (not just healers) do not have abilities associated with special damage (at least according to the ability description). Then why do they have a special damage rating in the first place? A further question can be asked as to why different abilities deal different damage when the damage source is the same. Using Lumi as an example, her normal attack and Force Blast are both physical damage and their upgrades offer the same +30% damage, yet Force Blast deals considerably more damage than the normal attack.

Higher stats is obviously better, but I was hoping for more insight on how these ratings actually work. A 4*, max-geared Dooku has 140% potency. What does that mean when he does his stun attack? In addition, as mentioned above, some heroes deal more damage than other heroes with comparable ratings. Why?

Well, I personally do not have the most experience in STGOH, but I played summoners war for over a year and they both share the 'turn based rps kind of thing'... So, about the "why does some heroes deal more damage than other with comparable ratings", well, if it is anything like summoners war, than its just because the skill itself has a higher damage multiplier. About the 140% Doku potency... No clue about it... Imho it should only go up to 100%, but yeah. About the special damage on healers, I would imagine (theory applying only for heal specials - not like dakas revive) that the higher the special damage is, more is the heal going to heal (just speculation tho).