Time to select next batch of characters to farm

Triqui
2790 posts Member
edited February 2016
Well, my droid team is already finished, my Jedi B squad is pretty much in good shape as well, heading to 6* which is the nice spot for B teams anyways. It's time to move and plan the next batch of charcters to upgrade. I like to plan and upgrade chars in groups of 4/5, trying to farm characters with some sinergy from each farming point (GW, Arena, etc).

I'm a "get them all" type of guy, so it's hard for me to decide which one should I focus next, because i like all of them. Well, except Ughnaout. Or however he is called.

Nonetheless, I have reduced my starting huge list to a group of 4 different teams. Which one is going to be more useful, it depends on what will be the next update from CG. It's an attempt to foresee the future and try to move into what is going to be useful before it is needed.

So, the possibilities are:

"Tough guys". Devs have said in the official forums (reddit ;) ) that they plan to tweak defense a bit. If so, higher HP/defense guys will gain value. I already believe that some of them are sleepers and could do really well vs current fast dps meta, if built correctly. The farming options would be:

Savage in Arena

Fives in Cantina (already 5* and purpled)

Kylo in Cantina Mission

Nightsister Initiate or Tusken Raider in GW (Tusken fits better, but Nightsister has better sinergies with future teams, as there are more NS out there)

The team will be rounded with Poggle, or Phasma, or HK47 or Barris, probably. It's based on surviving, and having few targets that you want to attack, and outlast the enemy. With Barris Lead it is roughly a 20k hp team that regens 800-900 hp per turn. I would add Old Ben if I could.

Next option could be Scoundrels

Greedo in Arena (already 4* purple)
Nut Gunray in Arena
Boba in cantina
Cad Bane in Cantina (or whoever they release, I expect him because he was toon of the month in January)

They aren't a great team by themselves (Chewie is a scoundrel too). BUT with datamined Scoundrel challenge somewhere in the future, it could be a wise investment.

Third possibility is Rebels
Ackbar in Arena
ST Han in Arena (already 3* and almost purple)
Hoth Rebel Scout in Cantina
Luke in cantina Missions
Biggs in GW

Leia, wherever she is released.

This team really would need Leia to work. She is the one that gives the rest of the team the very much needed crit up buff, and she is fast as hell, changing the battle if she can kill QGJ before he moves. Hoth Rebel Scout is reaaaaally undervalued. He can gain 100% TM on a crit, which means he can 1 shot people on a crit. He also give TM to the team, and stun. And huge speed. Really awesome. ST Han with Ackbar Leader might be the new Poe. Could fit a healer somewhere too (besides Ackbar?)

First Order
Phasma in GW (already 5* and purple)
First Order Officer in Cantina
FOTP slowfarmed in the nodes. Have him a 3* almost 4*, I missed thost of december :(
Kylo in Cantina.
Probably Dooku in Cantina too.
Problem with this otherwise thematic and cool team, is that it's slow to farm FOTP, and it needs a small speed bump which currently don't have. FOO is the enabler

Expose/resistance team
Would need to farm
Poe in cantina (already 4* and purple)
Resistance Pilot (already 3* gear 6)
Resistance trooper (reaaly slow farm, currently 2*), maybe use QGJ meanwhile
Mace Windu (5* now)
Then the 5th spot is either Rey (if Poe Lead) or Anakin (if MAce Windu Lead and use QGJ)

I listed them in order of current appeal. The last two ones require slowfaming, so maybe they are better to be left for the next batch. The first 3 require to guess correctly next CG move. Will they release Leia? Will Scoundrels be the next challenge. Will meta shift toward more defense?

So, any suggestion or input?

Replies

• Options
    Out of these choices I'd go for the tough guys or the First Order.
  • Options
    I´ve thought about a rebel team myself for a while. There are some good options out there..Ackbar lead (speed boost and small heal) with Han (taunter) Luke (dps with stun chance) Biggs (assist crit and evasion bonus) and finally Hoth Rebel Scout (stun speed and TM). As you said this would be a great and fun team to play with, but I don´t know exactly how viable it would be, I don´t have the resources to test it out. It´s good that it can be farmed fairly quickly, everyone but Han and Akbar are in different farming places.

Problem is Leia could be a great addition to the team but she is not farmable right now, maybe in the future...

Also it would be very helpful if they ever make a Rebel event releasing Jedi Luke or scoundrel Han or something.

I also like the scoundrel team you listed there..I think Greedo is an interesting toon currently undervalued and disregarded, I would personally enjoy to have more options to farm both in Arena and GW shipments, if only they added a few more toons like Ima, Anakin, and a few chromium exclusives...
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Greedo hits hard and self-heals with life steal, he is a good addition to GW too.
    Problem is we don't know the rules for Scoundrels mission. Maybe it need 5 guys at 5*, maybe less, maybe it is not a classic 5v5 battle...

The rebel team is well designed by the devs, a well oiled machine. But needs Leia. By speed, it goes:

Speed 175, Leia stealth and crit up everything, faster tan anyone.
    Speed 165, Hoth Rebel Scout shoots and hopefully 1HKO a target squishy, thanks to Leia Crit Up. If he is lucky he gives TM with the basic attack.
    Speed 165 (if extra TM) Storm troper Han Taunts and give TM to team, maybe stealing TM to the enemy. Luke, with his TM improved by Han, shots and maybe stun someone. At the very least, he cripple him. Ackbar uses ability to give up turn and give turn to one of the above damage dealers.

That's the end of Rebel Turn. If HRS got TM in the basic, we are at speed 165. Dooku haven't had a chance to act yet.

If HRS doesn't gain TM, Han taunts at speed 144. Before enemy Rey, Poe, or Poggle.
  • Options
    I don't remember when it was but I went up against an orig team of leia, han, chewie, luke and ben. I remember the fight being over really fast and I think I said what happened lol
  • Options
    I've been having similar ideas. I have NS initiate, Royal guard, Ren, savage, Barriss and fives already set up for a HP team. No real attacking power though. All good for GW fodder.

Rebel team is my present aim. Steadily building them up and fortunate to have a decent Leia.

Scoundrels aren't too far from having 5 X 5 star so can adapt if that comes to fruition.

First order team ready.

Enjoying thinking about more characters these days than just he best for arena.

I'm also looking at an empire team.