People are missing a ton of vitally important threads

I can appreciate the concept of subthreads and relocating them, the problem is almost everyone seems to focus overwhelmingly on general discussion. Is there a way we can encourage players to look at other threads? And also @everyone please check out the feedback section. Lots of the suggestions made by players about things like shard shop are sent there. I am not really sure how to navigate these channels.

Replies

• Personally, I never look in general or any of the sub forums. I just select 'Recent Discussions' every time I come to the forums. Makes it easier to see whats new, regardless of its location.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    while i took a minute to appreciate the irony... moved to the correct sub forum.

The plan in place is to move things to the correct sub forum to help direct people where to post and therefore where to look for certain information.

some changes are happening/happened, as evident by the new Events section. The goal is to help direct people away from just the first page of general and increase the dev visibility on items, the way it has been described is that there is a dev(s) that review their specified sub forum(s).
  • Kyno wrote: »
    while i took a minute to appreciate the irony... moved to the correct sub forum.

The plan in place is to move things to the correct sub forum to help direct people where to post and therefore where to look for certain information.

some changes are happening/happened, as evident by the new Events section. The goal is to help direct people away from just the first page of general and increase the dev visibility on items, the way it has been described is that there is a dev(s) that review their specified sub forum(s).

Hahaha. Glad the irony wasn't lost on you either, I was 99% sure this was going to be relocated. I had merely hoped general chat could see it and realize that there are other discussions for things that they care about, but aren't always sure where the big posts are. Thanks, I am not too technologically inclined but I have been beginning to understand the forum set-up.
  • Morigen wrote: »
    Personally, I never look in general or any of the sub forums. I just select 'Recent Discussions' every time I come to the forums. Makes it easier to see whats new, regardless of its location.

+1
    This is exactly what I do.
  • Rlex
    160 posts Member
    I get what is being said. But I find it oddly convenient that certain complaints on things like GW and other things of this game get pushed away from eyes while others stay up front or easily accessible.

It's like, how many people click page 2 of the google search? If you have anything to do with computers you know this already.
  • Kyno wrote: »

If you believe this, I have a bridge to sell you. Look at the traffic numbers for the posts in the sub categories vs. the traffic numbers in general. Theynreach to classify certain ones, anything with criticism in it so the majority of people won’t read it. It’s obvious what they’re doing. And anything that is too critical, they delete.