When is Resistance Viable?

I always hear how Resistance under Zeta Finn is so fantastic. Okay, I'm on board. I just recently promoted all of my Resistance characters to 7*, but they're a bit lacking in gear levels. I have the zeta ready and waiting, so I was thinking about giving it to Finn, even though I have other characters who could use it as well (who doesn't?).

That said, I was curious about when you think Resistance is viable. Are they viable at G8? Do they all need to be GX to work? When I say "Viable" I'm talking about achieving that sweet, sweet, "GW is on Easy Mode because of Zinn and Friends". Yes, it's worth a zeta to me to get over this time sink without losing out on the already limited daily resources.

My question is: What gear level do they need to be in order to be usable for GW? Who is the most important to gear first? Any advice on building this team up would be welcome, though.

Replies

• Options
    By the time I got around to zetaing Finn my pow and Finn were g11 and trooper at 10 pilot and bb were only g8 and they did fine in gw just make sure you got extra potency on everyone with the good speed secondaries on Poe
  • Options
    Finn Poe trooper are the holy Trinity you need to gear first
  • Options
    You want potency mods and high speed primary on Poe. You want lots of potency with a resistance squad in order to expose more consistently. Lots of speed on Poe so he can go first and expose enemies. Finns zeta is a must. Finn is also surprisingly powerful at g8, so I would gear Poe up first. A good resistance squad is extremely useful in arena, gw ,raids ...most eveywhere
  • Options
    Thanks guys, this is exactly what I was looking for.
  • jwoah
    210 posts Member
    Options
    G8 is very viable. Read some GW tips as they will help, but basically keep Poe alive and try to have his ability up before the end of the battle.
  • Options
    I am running a G8 resistance team for about a week now and all I can say is this: go ahead and zeta finn if you have troubles in GW. Since G12 came I could not finish a single gw. My G8 resistance (i have to admit I'm using a g10 R2 but without zeta) beats G12 CLS teams every single day. R2 is a big help with his stealth. The only problems I encounter are zSavage and zFulcrum but they go down aswell.
    You want to finish a fight with Poe at 50% tm or more. I recommend to leave three exposes on one enemy and kill him last since this will fill your tm to almost 100% when you finish him off and reset all your cooldowns.
    For more info you can check out my swgoh.gg profile (the mods on them are exactly what I am using):
    swgoh.gg/u/abellamort/
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    That's great to know since I'm basically at the exact same gear level (other than a G9 R2 but with number crunch). And I'm just three zeta drops from getting zFinn so anxious to try the team out. However mods are my problem right now, as I don't have any potency sets yet and all my good speed mods (including +30 arrows) are on my arena team.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Keep checking your mod store. I had 3 potency arrow mods with speed primary appear in the store last week. And they were able to be purchased with credits. Score!!
  • Options
    I dropped the zeta on Finn just this morning, my whole red squad is at G8 and R2 and RP are only six stars, way underpowered, but I figure that the zeta will keep me on track to focus on them. Absolutely no regrets, they didn’t breeze through GW but they did pretty dang good, and I can see how good they will be. Use the Zeta on Finn, it’s worth it, but make Poe fast and gear him first, his taunt makes him pretty vulnerable.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    I wasted a zeta on Finn when the rest of the team wasn’t ready yet. I regret it.
  • Options
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    I wasted a zeta on Finn when the rest of the team wasn’t ready yet. I regret it.

I should get my zeta today and have been grinding on my resistance team build. But I hadn't Zeta'd Finn to this point because the rest wasn't ready.

So, I'm farming RT now, but I have Finn and R2z at G12, bb8 and Rey at G11, working on building Poe now. I was wondering if anyone has subbed Sidious for for Poe?
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    tekcorp02 wrote: »

I should get my zeta today and have been grinding on my resistance team build. But I hadn't Zeta'd Finn to this point because the rest wasn't ready.

So, I'm farming RT now, but I have Finn and R2z at G12, bb8 and Rey at G11, working on building Poe now. I was wondering if anyone has subbed Sidious for for Poe?

I use Sid (with his zeta) currently with resistance in arena... you don't want to sub him for Poe but use him to move right after Poe to trigger the exposes and apply more... best setup is Finn (L), Poe, R2, RT & Sid.

Can easily beat anything in the current meta offensively... often without even taking a hit. Defensively it's not fantastic but holds about as well as any other "meta" teams I've used

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj4KSC8Jsr0
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    For tank and GW, totally viable at g8.

For arena, there can be arguments over whether they are viable at g11/12, but as all teams suck on defense, probably yes.
  • Options
    I always hear how Resistance under Zeta Finn is so fantastic. Okay, I'm on board. I just recently promoted all of my Resistance characters to 7*, but they're a bit lacking in gear levels. I have the zeta ready and waiting, so I was thinking about giving it to Finn, even though I have other characters who could use it as well (who doesn't?).

That said, I was curious about when you think Resistance is viable. Are they viable at G8? Do they all need to be GX to work? When I say "Viable" I'm talking about achieving that sweet, sweet, "GW is on Easy Mode because of Zinn and Friends". Yes, it's worth a zeta to me to get over this time sink without losing out on the already limited daily resources.

My question is: What gear level do they need to be in order to be usable for GW? Who is the most important to gear first? Any advice on building this team up would be welcome, though.

They are viable at gear 9
  • Options
    Smapty wrote: »

I use Sid (with his zeta) currently with resistance in arena... you don't want to sub him for Poe but use him to move right after Poe to trigger the exposes and apply more... best setup is Finn (L), Poe, R2, RT & Sid.

Can easily beat anything in the current meta offensively... often without even taking a hit. Defensively it's not fantastic but holds about as well as any other "meta" teams I've used

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj4KSC8Jsr0

I would argue raid Han is almost a necessity, unless you have some godlike speed mods (and I mean godlike) and can ensure poe goes first.

I don't have godlike mods, (R2 is at 261, Poe at 249) and without raid Han I barely stand a chance against the top tier CLS meta... Zarris teams on the other hand are a breeze.

My setup involves raid Han stunning Thrawn if he's on the other team, otherwise stun R2 to avoid the smokescreen - my R2 usually goes next smokescreening, giving Poe foresight . Enemy CLS goes, uses special which is blocked by Poe's foresight - then Poe taunts and the train is rolling.

With godlike mods I wouldn't need Han for the initial stun, but even with +120 speed if I had it, it's rare that Poe will ever be faster than an enemy R2, at least against the best teams anyway...

• Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I would agree with the above posts. I have all the Res (zFinn, Rey, Poe, RT, RP, R2D2 and BB-8) at 9-11 and have tried them all in all game modes.

Poe modded for speed and potency all the rest for Potency and damage (except R2 who is also speed and potency for my Arena squad).

tried them in all areas

GW - Standard squad (no R2 and no BB-8) - use them for first attack to get them tm loaded (and make sure Poe has more than half tm and his taunt is ready to go). Then bring them in later when needed for tougher battles. They rock and don't need to be much above 8 (been using them like this for months). really helps to finish off GW.

TB - Remove Rey and add BB-8 - load up BB-8 special and save for last round - only time I have gotten close to not finishing is if Poe is last attack in one stage and RNG isn't friendly. Here the added protection of the higher gears is nice, but not totally necessary though you may not finish one here or there if you are only Gear 8, Poe and Finn gear levels are the most important.

Raid - either standard or BB-8 inserted for Rey - can do massive damage at any gear, but of course gear level important

Arena - which is what I think you were pointing towards - gear level very important, but a fast R2 or any cleanse/tenacity up / faster taunt and the synergy is pretty much ruined. I've tried them all and they can beat most teams on offense, but they fall like a cinder block on defense. Tried pretty much every combination and they are no where near as good as CLS/Leia/RHan/R2/ATF which is my arena team. If you are looking for top 200 in an older shard, you might be able to hold that, if you are looking top 50 or higher, I would look somewhere else. I don't have zSid and I know that can help, but I still don't think they can hold as I haven't seen one in my top 50 since CLS arrived and got geared.

But they are a great team and the zeta is probably a top 5 zeta for all parts of the game.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • TheBloodyTongue
    111 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I use Zeta Finn Resistance team for hard nodes of GW. Finn(L), Poe, ResTr, R2-D2, BB-8
    Build up some TM at 2nd node, then they slice through any team at 12th node. FYI I keep Resistance team for 12th node, and use CLS team and others until 11th node.

They are good enough at gear 8, but higher gear level is always better, cause when you take a hit or two from enemy, gear level can make huge difference. This can happen when facing Han Solo or CLS team, cause they shoots first, or counterattacks you.

ZFinn: Necessity
    For the leader skill. Also stuns and exposes the enemy.
    Special skill that stuns and exposes, has short cooldown. Rarely uses basic ability.
    Stun toons that grants tenacity up or clean debuffs.

Poe: Necessity
    For AOE expose, and TM reduction.
    TOP PRIORITY in gearing and modding.

Resistance Trooper: Highly Recommended.
    When others can't expose auto-taunters(Baze or Shore), he's the guy to cleanse taunt.
    There's time when you expose an enemy and enemy's turn comes faster before you can attack, but as ResTrooper gains 55% TM when enemy is exposed, it is less likely to happen.
    When RNG isn't in favor, and Cooldown is not reduced, he's the only guy, as he exposes with basic ability.

R2-D2: Highly Recommended.
    Doesn't expose enemy, but supports the team.
    Some Screen prevents enemy's counter attack killing your toon outside their turn.
    With Number Crunch Zeta, Resistance team gets extra Potency.
    10% accuracy and burning effect make sure none of your attack get evaded.

BB-8: Recommended
    Tenacity down, and Potency up from Secret Intel helps exposing enemy.
    Can daze enemy.
    Illuminated Destiny gives you do tons of damage. Useful in raid.

Resistance Pilot: Useful
    TM gain makes her attack frequently.
    Less preferable than ResTro, cause she exposes enemy with special ability.

Rey: Not as useful
    High DPS, but no expose, and doesn't support the team.
    Does more damage with Finn's leader skill, but Resistance team is about exposing enemy, team doesn't benefit from her.

Darth Sidious: Not as useful, but possibly better than Rey
    AoE expose is good, but once Resistance toons attack, he will just stay sill until he gains TM from enemy's death.
    Possibly better than Rey, because he can expose enemy. When things go wrong, and other guys can't expose enemy, he can save the day using AoE expose, while all Rey can do is to daze the enemy.

EDIT: Grammar error fixed.
    Post edited by TheBloodyTongue on
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    The last two posts were a great summary, thanks!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I went ahead and put the Zeta on Finn and cleared out many nodes of GW, but the final G12 Top Rank Arena Node was a bit much for my guys at their current power level. There is no question that the team works great and is actually pretty fun to play, so it's not a bad investment at all, but I'm going to have to gear them up some more before I'm at the level they need to be to make GW a bit less annoying.

Thanks again for all the info, everyone.
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    I went ahead and put the Zeta on Finn and cleared out many nodes of GW, but the final G12 Top Rank Arena Node was a bit much for my guys at their current power level. There is no question that the team works great and is actually pretty fun to play, so it's not a bad investment at all, but I'm going to have to gear them up some more before I'm at the level they need to be to make GW a bit less annoying.

Thanks again for all the info, everyone.

I find that sometimes it just depends on rng and stuns sticking...once you get the ball rolling on the exposes, they can take out any node 12 squad. Sometimes rng doesn't go so well and it requires some restarts trying things in a different order. R2 really helps in those situations, not only for an extra stun, but because stealthed characters can't be countered and foresight on Poe is always nice.
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    Not telling you NOT to gear them--by all means, do--just don't give up yet.

Potency and speed could help in the meantime.
  • Options
    I have Poe up to GX, ready for GXI. Should I promote him or gear Finn up from G8 to G9?

• Options

Without resistance doesnt really work
  • Options
    Without Poe