How to transition out of Sith based team at level 66?

Hello,

Over the past few weeks my arena ranking has been sliding where my combination of DN(L) + Dooku + EP (or Chirut)+ ST + SA (or Baze) just isn’t cutting it anymore to guarantee me a position in top 5 anymore. I tend to get rolled by teams with a Lando lead + STH + Bobba and / or other toons with cleanse abilities coupled with TM manipulation. Bobba (at my level at least) is a real pest with up to 3 rez’s and execute hitting like a truck. Whilst Sith are great for damage their specials seem lackustre, DN (L) removes crit and it is just a hard slog on defense and very rng dependant.

My question is given my current line up which toons should I be shelving and which toons should I be investing in for endgame? My profile is:

https://swgoh.gg/u/rexbigilo/

My thinking would be to switch to a Lando lead with Chaze + Bobba and another dps and shelve all my Sith bar maybe DN / Dooku or EP if I ever need them for Sith based events (are there any?)

Wouldn’t mind some thoughts on who I need to be investing in now to hold me in good stead for endgame arena, granted the meta is likely to change by the time I get there.

cheers

Replies

• It's still a little early since no one has seen them in action, and you're awhile away I'm guessing from accessing zetas, but maybe the reworked Nightsisters may be a thing? Not sure how well they'll work without talzin though.
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Hey man!

A great answer to Lando and Boba is crit immunity, and the toon that spreads that the most consistently is GK. I see from your roster that you don't have him yet, but make sure your guild is getting about 2 HAAT raids per week. This will help TONS with crit based toons.

If you won't be getting GK any time soon, Shoretrooper is a great addition with his crit immunity for the team. this is the first toon that single-handedly took Lando out of the past metas.

A more short-term fix is to gear up your 4-star rex and star him up too. Rex lead directly counters all crit-chance teams, as it feeds a lot of TM to your team, even after Rex dies. Rex also ties any faction together due to his versatile leadership. It currently is a great counter to the CLS lead meta, and was also a counter to the last two metas (Darth Maul Lead and Wedge lead before that).

The last option I suggest is getting a zeta'd Barris, which will actually heal your team everytime they are hit by a crit and also grant her 10% TM. I personally use this method to counter a high crit chance CLS meta now. You can see my team of GK, Zarris, Ezra, DN, and Old Ben (sometimes I sub in R2).

https://swgoh.gg/u/thenameiswally/

My GK almost always has taunt up and heals for 11k per hit under GK lead and Zarris. It's a low damage, and highly defensive team, but it works. Either way, barris is a great addition for galactic war if you don't already have a healer.

Hope that helps! Pm me if you have any questions!

• I also wanted to add that Thrawn is a great transition out of the Sith. He is a must have in Squad Arena, Heroic Rancor raid, HAAT raid, and provides great GP even for TB. You can mix him in with any team as well.
  • Hey man!

A great answer to Lando and Boba is crit immunity, and the toon that spreads that the most consistently is GK. I see from your roster that you don't have him yet, but make sure your guild is getting about 2 HAAT raids per week. This will help TONS with crit based toons.

If you won't be getting GK any time soon, Shoretrooper is a great addition with his crit immunity for the team. this is the first toon that single-handedly took Lando out of the past metas.

A more short-term fix is to gear up your 4-star rex and star him up too. Rex lead directly counters all crit-chance teams, as it feeds a lot of TM to your team, even after Rex dies. Rex also ties any faction together due to his versatile leadership. It currently is a great counter to the CLS lead meta, and was also a counter to the last two metas (Darth Maul Lead and Wedge lead before that).

The last option I suggest is getting a zeta'd Barris, which will actually heal your team everytime they are hit by a crit and also grant her 10% TM. I personally use this method to counter a high crit chance CLS meta now. You can see my team of GK, Zarris, Ezra, DN, and Old Ben (sometimes I sub in R2).

https://swgoh.gg/u/thenameiswally/

My GK almost always has taunt up and heals for 11k per hit under GK lead and Zarris. It's a low damage, and highly defensive team, but it works. Either way, barris is a great addition for galactic war if you don't already have a healer.

Hope that helps! Pm me if you have any questions!

Wow - thank you so much for taking the time to answer my thread - I had no idea toons could provide lead based defense to counter / minimize the crit based thrashing I have been getting from Lando!

I’ll shoot you a pm on a few finer points once I figure which direction I will proceed.

Thank you all :)

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    66 and top 5. mbn lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you