Emperor Palpatine Zeta rework!

dimi4a
1558 posts Member
edited November 2017
emperor.jpg

So his Basic and two Special abilities remain the same, but with added Zeta to his Lead and a second Unique:

Emperor of the Galactic Empire (LEADER)

tex.abilityui_passive_empire.png

Empire and Sith allies gain +32% Potency and Max Health. Jedi and Rebel enemies have -32% Potency and Evasion. Whenever an Empire ally inflicts a debuff during their turn they gain 20% Turn Meter. Whenever a Sith ally inflicts a debuff during their turn they recover 20% of their Max Health.

Level 8
(Zeta x40; Omega x25; Mk III x40)

While Emperor Palpatine is active, if Darth Vader is present he applies his Leader ability.

Rule of Two (UNIQUE)

1572428-sith_symbol.jpg

Palpatine has a 15% chance to ignore enemy Protection, Tenacity and Evasion for each enemy with a positive status effect. If Darth Vader is present he also gains this bonus. In addition, whenever Palpatine uses a Special ability, Darth Vader is called to Assist dealing 66% more damage.
Post edited by dimi4a on

Replies

• Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    The leader is comically overpowered. Even if it is double price. Vader and Krennic would allow infinite ability blocks. Saxon's counters would basically be a death sentence for an AoE user, and tarkin's speed boost combined with Zader's meter removal would make them near unstoppable. You could just remove the Empire Sith divider, perhaps ignore tenacity on a crit, armor piercing on rebels and Jedi, etc. As for the unique it's not the worst but you're still giving a character almost a flat 75% armor and protection piercing. You could either lower the number, or something like "whenever Palpatine uses an ability, he has a 25% (doubled if the target is a Jedi) chance to call Darth Vader to assist (if avabible), in addition, if Darth Vader is present he ability this ability
  • Options
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    The leader is comically overpowered. Even if it is double price. As for the unique it's not the worst but you're still giving a character almost a flat 75% armor and protection piercing

I'm sorry but do you know what OP really is? This is OP:
    https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/
    Edited post to better explain
  • Options
    And yet here we have a LS team that can give HoT's for each debuff, practically unlimited taunting, a reverse cleanse, a dispeller that can reduce CD and a leader that gives 10% Max Health and 7.5% TM for each Crit suffered, please consider that! We already have what you call "a death sentence for an AoE user" against CLS lead!
    That's a whole team using all their kits together as intended. not a base of large stat boosts, undispellable DoTs, ability blocks and protection regen on a crit, and counter chance. On top of all their kits. Rex can be countered by turn meter removers, stuns, and with Ken giving crit immunity the team shoots itself in the foot (provided you can dispel and buff block Kenobi) and is staring to lose ground to Luke, and a Luke counter team is only deadly if they have Han as well, and even that's countered with R2's stealth or stunning the big hitters. With this lead (combing with Tarkin, Krennic, Zader, and Saxon) you're giving a team a +30 speed, a 50% chance to remove 25% meter on any attack, plus +20 meter each time they land a debuff, which they can do with a crit, on top of 10% protection on a crit, 5% health on a basic, and a 100% counter chance. They'd be unstoppable
  • Options
    emperor.jpg

So his Basic and two Special abilities remain the same, but with added Zeta to his Lead and a second Unique:

Emperor of the Galactic Empire (LEADER)

tex.abilityui_passive_empire.png

Empire and Sith allies gain +32% Potency and Max Health. Jedi and Rebel enemies have -32% Potency and Evasion. Whenever an Empire ally inflicts a debuff during their turn they gain 20% Turn Meter. Whenever a Sith ally inflicts a debuff during their turn they recover 20% of their Max Health.

Level 8
    (Zeta x40; Omega x25; Mk III x40)

While Emperor Palpatine is active, apply the Leader ability of each Empire ally (If any).

Rule of Two (UNIQUE)

1572428-sith_symbol.jpg

Palpatine has a 15% chance to ignore enemy Armor, Protection, Tenacity and Evasion for each enemy with a positive status effect. If Darth Vader is present he also gains this bonus. In addition, whenever Palpatine uses a Special ability, Darth Vader is called to Assist.

Come ON this NEEDS to happen, the Galactic Emperor DESERVES a Zeta or two, even CLS has 3 zetas, every other legendary Toon (even BB-8 COME ON!) has a zeta, why do you hate the Emperor?
  • Options
    What about a zeta ability on his lead;

nullifies the oppositions leader ability
  • Options
    And yet here we have a LS team that can give HoT's for each debuff, practically unlimited taunting, a reverse cleanse, a dispeller that can reduce CD and a leader that gives 10% Max Health and 7.5% TM for each Crit suffered, please consider that! We already have what you call "a death sentence for an AoE user" against CLS lead!
    That's a whole team using all their kits together as intended. not a base of large stat boosts, undispellable DoTs, ability blocks and protection regen on a crit, and counter chance. On top of all their kits. Rex can be countered by turn meter removers, stuns, and with Ken giving crit immunity the team shoots itself in the foot (provided you can dispel and buff block Kenobi) and is staring to lose ground to Luke, and a Luke counter team is only deadly if they have Han as well, and even that's countered with R2's stealth or stunning the big hitters. With this lead (combing with Tarkin, Krennic, Zader, and Saxon) you're giving a team a +30 speed, a 50% chance to remove 25% meter on any attack, plus +20 meter each time they land a debuff, which they can do with a crit, on top of 10% protection on a crit, 5% health on a basic, and a 100% counter chance. They'd be unstoppable

"They'd be unstoppable"... well same as LS teams are now in top 10 arena. No, they'll be the perfect DS counter to CLS and company! Using mirror LS teams for counter is **** and kills the variety!

Buddy. The LS teams and CLS teams are beatable and get beaten but certain teams all the time. What you're proposing would literally be UNBEATABLE. There isn't a swingle team or toon that could even remotely keep up with having 5 leader skills all at once. I like the idea on the unique tho!
  • Options
    This sounds like one of the coolest upgrades to any character. I wouldn’t mind this being added.
  • Options
    -1 **unimaginative**
    While Emperor Palpatine is active, each Empire ally applies their Leader ability (If any).

How about a leader ability that leaves room for other DS leaders to be used in the future? This locks in Palp, forever. It's literally one of the worst proposals I've seen on this forum, and there are some baddies.
  • Options
    Yeah... beatable from mirror LS teams only! Certainly not from DS teams! Just look here: https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/ CLS alone has abilities and bonuses for an entire squad, which of course is OK by many, but let's say EP should get a boost that is true to canon, then it's the end of the world! What i suggest is an effective counter to CLS and company!
    I use Resistance and beat them regularly. And going through my arena leaderboard (December 2015) I still have a few Rex and GK leads, on top of a Wedge, 2 Ackbars, a Qui Gon, and even an old Ben
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    Options
    EP(L), Gar Saxson, Zader, Thrawn, shore or Tarkin. Leaving out Krennic but only because difficult farm.
  • Dok
    140 posts Member
    Options
    Palp needs zetas, and I'm guessing he'll get em before too long, but what you're suggesting would only make the meta worse. Sure, maybe all the CLS is bad now, but the meta would be 100% Palp with these upgrades. And I use Empire in Arena, so I feel your CLS pain lol
  • Options
    I think they should just make shock paralyze Luke until end of battle. That would be good enough. Mabe make him cry for his father as a bonus.
  • Options

"They'd be unstoppable"... well same as LS teams are now in top 10 arena. No, they'll be the perfect DS counter to CLS and company! Using mirror LS teams for counter is **** and kills the variety!

Buddy. The LS teams and CLS teams are beatable and get beaten but certain teams all the time. What you're proposing would literally be UNBEATABLE. There isn't a swingle team or toon that could even remotely keep up with having 5 leader skills all at once. I like the idea on the unique tho!

Yeah... beatable from mirror LS teams only! Certainly not from DS teams! Just look here: https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/ CLS alone has abilities and bonuses for an entire squad, which of course is OK by many, but let's say EP should get a boost that is true to canon, then it's the end of the world! What i suggest is an effective counter to CLS and company!

That would literally be a counter to everything! Having a character like that would destroy the meta and turn that that "oh 86% of people use CLS leads" or whatever to literally ever bloody person uses palpatine because there just would be no competition otherwise. And you can talk about canon and his abilities and what he should be able to do and blah blah blah but that doesn't mean that they should make him a game breaking character. It would just make the game no fun at all. He does deserve some zetas tho. Hopefully he'll get them soon :) and CLS teams do get beaten by non mirror teams. It happens all the time. Quit using bias and actually think about how characters interact with AI and each other and realize that CLS is just one of the only toons that offer solid defence and offence.
  • Options
    Old post... but Palpatine does need zetas (yes 2... he is obviously already setup for these). There should be zader synergies... I think appling zader lead is a decent idea... I don't think applying every1s lead is, but that's just me. There should also be RG synergies (and an RG rework to help the Palpatine zeta effort).

I just hope they do something... I'm a ds user (or at least want to be) but I had to give up on them as they are all but useless now.

I'd LOVE to be able to use my shore, dt, krennic, Vader, tfp, etc, etc and the list of useless goes on & on.

Give us some Palpatine lovin' CG!
  • Options
    What about a zeta ability on his lead;

nullifies the oppositions leader ability

I was aiming for a Zeta effect similar to that of Hera Syndulla's lead, but instead targeting the leader abilities.

I did something similar once
  • Options
    I use Resistance and beat them regularly. And going through my arena leaderboard (December 2015) I still have a few Rex and GK leads, on top of a Wedge, 2 Ackbars, a Qui Gon, and even an old Ben

That's what he means by mirror LS, his point is solely on DS, so your point is invalid