Question about plague

So I was just thinking about ways to use mother talzin without actually having a nightsister team, and I have a question about plague. When it says it makes debuffs unable to be dispelled, does that mean just by forced dispells like Rex and can still run out after their normal time (like a two turn DOT, etc)?
Or does it mean all debuffs become permanent until plague itself is dispelled by healing to full?

If a dev wants to comment that'd be cool cause I've yet to have the honor of one replying to my posts, and that'd be rad

Replies

• Asic
    1146 posts Member
    They should be able to run out normally. Not like Vader. It just days "dispel" and nothing about expiring such as Vader description
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    You need to know how and who to bring out...
    It is the weekend though so don't expect much.

I believe it is as @Asic stated. Debuffs can expire on their own just not be forcefully removed by a dispel ability.

@CG_Conduit23
  • Does anyone know if vaders saver throw will add damage from this debuff as well?
  • Does anyone know if vaders saver throw will add damage from this debuff as well?
    Unless there's a bug, I don't see why it wouldn't. It's a debuff, after all.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Does anyone know if vaders saver throw will add damage from this debuff as well?

I may not. His saber throw does not multiply damage by the number of debuffs they have. The description says it dispels all the debuffs, and adds damage for each debuff dispelled. Plague can't be dispelled so it won't add to damage.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    Does anyone know if vaders saver throw will add damage from this debuff as well?

I may not. His saber throw does not multiply damage by the number of debuffs they have. The description says it dispels all the debuffs, and adds damage for each debuff dispelled. Plague can't be dispelled so it won't add to damage.

Plague would be dispelled on saber throw. Ability days only allied dispels can't be done, enemy dispels still apply
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »

It can't be dispelled by allied dispels. Vader wouldn't be an ally in this situation.
  • Liath wrote: »

It can't be dispelled by allied dispels. Vader wouldn't be an ally in this situation.

It is my understanding that plague cannot be dispelled... Period. End of sentence.

The description says that the plagued unit is immune to allied dispels. It's not talking about the plague debuff itself. So Vader could remove the other debuffs (it's an enemy dispel), but the plague debuff itself stays put.

We don't have enough info yet, and it may have some bugs, but that's how it's worded now.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

Except the game mechanics for an ally dispel and an enemy dispel are the essentially the same thing.
    Dispels effects from the target(s) with corresponding effected tags

clearable_debuff

The only difference is if the target is ally or enemy.

So unless they change how all dispels are done (dear God I hope not since that will just add more problems)
    It probably won't matter which side is trying to dispel.
  • Not sure if these are answerable yet.

Any idea if it will expire from health steal that heals to full health?
    And it says allies dispels can't remove. So how will r2's cleanse mechanic work which relies on the toon itself scoring a crit. And if it won't count for allies, will that mechanic still work for R2 as it's his cleanse not an allies. same with team cleansers using a cleanse - that should still remove it from themselves only?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Not sure if these are answerable yet.

And it says allies dispels can't remove. So how will r2's cleanse mechanic work which relies on the toon itself scoring a crit. And if it won't count for allies, will that mechanic still work for R2 as it's his cleanse not an allies. same with team cleansers using a cleanse - that should still remove it from themselves only?

Dev's already said R2 cleanse will not work nor will team cleanse.
  • Thanks for all the replies guys
  • scuba wrote: »

Except the game mechanics for an ally dispel and an enemy dispel are the essentially the same thing.

clearable_debuff

So unless they change how all dispels are done (dear God I hope not since that will just add more problems)

The description says the plagued characters becomes immune to allied dispels. So that seems to indicate that they are making some kind of change.

Any time an ability says allies it includes themselves as an ally unless it says "other allies." All allies includes themselves. So from the description debuffs cannot be removed period. Not from any allied abilities.

And plague is removed only from healing. It doesn't differentiate types of heals that can remove it. It states simply that healing to full removes plague.

But again, precise wording that conveys the exact intent has not always plagued the SWGOH character ability descriptions. That's how it is worded. But we'll have to see.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

clearable_debuff

The description says the plagued characters becomes immune to allied dispels. So that seems to indicate that they are making some kind of change.

Any time an ability says allies it includes themselves as an ally unless it says "other allies." All allies includes themselves. So from the description debuffs cannot be removed period. Not from any allied abilities.

And plague is removed only from healing. It doesn't differentiate types of heals that can remove it. It states simply that healing to full removes plague.

But again, precise wording that conveys the exact intent has not always plagued the SWGOH character ability descriptions. That's how it is worded. But we'll have to see.

Honestly I bet they didn't even think about enemy cleanse from Boba or Vader. There will be some rush to fix it and half the cleasnse in the game won't work kinda like heal immunity

Couldn't agree more the wording most times has lots of issues.
  • Plague is a locked debuff the same way fracture is. I'd expect it to operate in the same manner in terms of damage from "culling blade" or "execute."

When in doubt, I'll just refer to @scuba (he's never wrong).
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    CleverWes wrote: »
    Plague is a locked debuff the same way fracture is. I'd expect it to operate in the same manner in terms of damage from "culling blade" or "execute."

When in doubt, I'll just refer to scuba (he's never wrong).

Well now I can can't agree with that.