What teams do you use in GW?

Prev1
I currently have 3 different teams that I use for moderate success in GW. Nightsisters, Droids and Jedi + Sid. Curious to see what teams others use. Do you opt for the synergy of similar toons like Jedi, Droids, etc or do you go for mixed teams like arena teams?

Replies

• If it's an easier node, I put Barriss in the lead with Sid and JC. Then I pick the other two based on the team. If there are Jedi I'll put in Dooku, otherwise I use 5's. For the last one I pick someone I want to try out. Right now it's QGJ.

If it's a harder node I'll put Phasma in the lead with Sid, and JC or Lumi. For the last two I mix and match Talia, Dooku, Daka, Chewie, Barriss, Poggle and GS depending on the team I'm against.

For the very last match I use Phasma, Sid, Lumi, GS and Han, assuming they're all alive.
  • Phasma, Sid, Lumi, Luke and Daka. Then I have a B team and a couple suicide squads, just in case.
  • Currently, my default is...

Luminara (L)
    Sidious
    Geo Soldier
    Jedi Consular

The last slot is Yoda, Luke, or IG-86 if the node is easy, Mace Windu if it's medium-difficult but has no Dooku, and Poe Dameron if Dooku is present. I'm only 66, so if my foe is level 70 or if it is node 11 or 12, I send in suicide squads to clear the way first. A DoT-heavy opponent (Kylo, Sid, Darth Vader all together) of my level or higher also typically gets a suicide squad. I'll often switch to my default PvP squad (Lumi, Sid, Geo Soldier, Poggle, Poe) on node 12 and just go for a Taunt + Buff DPS spam even if Poe dies.

I have cleared like 30 GWs since I started playing 6 weeks ago, and only wiped on 2-3.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    I'm usually able to clear the whole way with Phasma, Luminara, Sidious, Consular, and Poggle. Everyone every once in a while I'll sub in Barriss or Kylo
  • GW has gotten a lot harder recently, but I basically have two full teams around the same star/gear levels, so I just take Phasma (L), Poe, GS, Sid, and Talia/Lumi to start and sub people out as they die. (If people are dying earlier than usual, I retreat and take Ewok Elder in to revive them.) Usually I have no problems, but today I faced a full level 70 team with 6/7* and max gear and couldn’t finish :'( . Even a Phasma, Poe, and Old Ben combo couldn’t keep ’em down long enough for me to kill one of them (heals OP).
  • Since the chnage of the retreat button I am winning every day with Luminara (L), Sidious, Phasma, JC, Old Daka
    Asajj, Dooku is sitting on the bench
  • I typically run through most nodes with sid (L), lumi, jc, GS, savage. Depending on the team I may switch out dooku if there are a lot of jedi on the opposing team, or put QGJ in lead if I need to get my heal in quick. If I am getting beat heavily I will switch out GS for 5s for the extra life. Only one day in the last three weeks I didn't finish, and I ran out of toons with three left on last node.... (was a brutal day)
  • Bariss (L), Lumi, Sid, JC, Fives - my usual team. Sometimes, I can manage to win all battles with this team without a single substitution (once I've done it even without any retreats). Depending on enemies, their level, amount of stars and gears there could be some substitutions.
    I can swap JC with Dhaka, and Fives with IG-86, when there are too many counter-attackers (once I've stunned one of them, IG-86 finishes them up with his special ability).
    When there are too many heavy damagers, I can place Chewie as a leader: it really helps to survive the wave of special attacks (I'm just have fun of doing it without sacrifices: in this case its better to send your low-level characters to collect all special abilities and die, and than your main team just enters and does the rest).
    Against Poggle and especially combination Phasma+Poggle, I use Asajj.
    Actually, once I got Barriss (even taking into account that she is still 4* and only 61 level) GW became a piece of cake without a single fail.
  • Tiskilzz
    25 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Sidious (L)t (4*)
    Lumi (7*)
    Chewie (5*)
    Poggle (4*)
    Geo (4*)
  • Lumi (L)
    Sid
    Leia
    Dooku
    Barris
    (All lvl 69/gear8/7*)
    Sometimes sub six for maul or QGJ depending on the matchup. Last 3 days have been pretty straight forward so expect a nightmare tomorrow!
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Lumi (l)
    Qgj
    Jc
    Sid
    And phasma (her huge health steal is decent for GW and her slows and TM gain for the others)
    I swap others out depending. 5's and daka served me well for long but they're stuck at 4* now.
    5's is actually my favorite character from all but with the speed meta now I need to farm qgj
  • I use Lumi(L) Sid GS Dooku JC
    Haven't lost any GW after my first few GWs.
    I don't sub players and I only use suicide squad for when I ran into super crazy teams and both my heals are on cd which is like ard 1 match out of 6 GW runs.
    Before the GW difficulty was increased sometimes I don't even use the retreat button at all to complete GW.
    Oh Btw I hit top 18 in arena yest and past few days was 20-50.
    Love my GW team and I swear by them :)
  • 4* 68 Barriss (Leader)
    7* Sid
    6* Lumi
    6* Kylo
    5* Poe or 6* Phasma - Swap as needed.

All LVL 68

I can usually finish GW with just these toons.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Bariss
    Daka
    GS
    Rey
    Lumni
  • Nightsister's, dropping Acolyte for Lumi. Not lost since the change. 34 wins on the bounce I think.

Heal with Lumi early, regardless of Heath status to get the two rounds of heals on characters and also so the special cools for the next fight. Top up heal with either Daka or more likely Talia since she can self heal rather well.

A few times, once in a while, against hard chromium teams I run with 5 healers, Daka, Lumi (attacker but you know what I mean), JC, Talia and Offee. When playing the team yourself you can just about heal through anything.

Sometimes against Poe team I may have to run a z team, just so he taunts. But I can normally take out the dps or Poe before. Often depends on who Daka stuns if I have to repeat.

It helps that the AI is so useless. I often see a character on really low health and they just hit Talia, who heals through it the next go. :)

• numore
    40 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    -Lumi (L) 7*

-JC 5*

-GS 6*

-Sid 7*

- IG-86 7*

And i have on bench: Poe, IG-88, Poogle and Kylo. And of course some suicide squads low level-ish guys.
    But, almost always my A team can make it through without any complications. Maybe the last 2-3 nods y lose 1-2 heroes, but i can pretty much replace them.
    Soon replacing Sid for QGJ 5* as a leader
  • Sid(leader), Luke, Lumi, JC and Poe. Might swap Luke for Dooku if up against a Jedi squad.
  • Lumi (L) Dooku Geo JC Rey (all max gear/star) or
    QGJ(L) Dooku Geo Lumi Barriss.

These are pretty much all I use and can complete it everyday without problems without dropping a character.
  • I'm usually making it to nodes 8 or 9 before hitting the wall. Currently lvl 69 so most of the opposing teams are max star lvl 70s by node 3 or 4. The nightsisters usually last till node 4ish maybe 5 depending on enemy team composition then the droids usually get through 2 nodes and lastly the Jedi + Sid team gets me as far as I can go. I have extra suicide teams (enough toons for 2 to blow enemy specials)
  • I noticed it s possible to finish GW with only the same team of 5 characters + we need 2-3 secondary characters for replacement and to help in some fights.
    So at the end with only 8 toons max we can finish GW
  • I see mostly everyone playing with toons that I either just don't have (Bariss, Kylo, Poe, etc) or ones that I haven't starred and levelled yet (Dooku, Geo Soldier, etc). Thats one of the reasons why I think that the synergy teams work well for me. I'm currently working on a rounded approach to my roster which is taking time but I'm hoping will ultimately lead to better rewards when everyone starts to hit the lvl 70 cap. By being able to run more teams in GW I will be able to hopefully complete it on a regular basis.
  • I run QGJ(lead), JC, Lumi as my staple and rotate in Sid, Poe, Poggle, Luke, and Rey in for the other two slots.

If I'm facing a nightmare team, I have a 6* IG 86, 88, and 5* Mace, Koth, Bobba team that can usually drop 1 - 2 enemies for my main squad
  • -7* Sid,7* Lumi, 4* JC, 7* IG-86, and 6* GeoS are on my primary team.
    -60/4* Barriss and 62/4* Daka get subbed in for healers if needed (ie both my healers aren't charged for a fight).
    -I bring in 5* Qui Gon if I need to speed up my healers if someone came out of a previous battle hurt
    -I bring in 4* Dooku or QuiGon/5* Eeth if I need a fast stun
    -7* IG-88 jumps in when I need a big AOE burst (try to have both Poggle, Sid, and Poe's specials ready to go for him)
    -I bring in 6* Poe to counter a taunt team
    -I bring in 7* Poggle if I need a damage boost
    -B team is usually 4* Assaj, 4* Talia, Daka, Dooku, 6* Luke and I use them to focus out a single target
    -C team is the rest of my ~30 toons and I use them to waste off enemy buffs (eg. Old Ben, Poe, Poggle,
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    - Barriss (L): HP boost, secondary heals for uneven damage or heal-block, free heals on main.
    - Dooku: Stun, tie up enemy Jedi/healers.
    - Daka: Stuns, tertiary healer. (Her revives never really come into play in GW.)
    - Lumi: Primary healer, ability block, decent regular damage.
    - GS: Striker to take out high-pri targets and finish guys off who need finishing.
    It's rare that I need to use anyone else, though because of the wonked matchmaking, it's been over a week since I got a seriously nasty team. (Which is ironic because I now have a very deep bench and don't need to use them...)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Phasma L
    Daka
    Jc
    Lumi
    GS

I just stun and heal my way through.
  • I don't really synergize in GW. I use Lumi as a leader, Sid, Phasma, Kylo, and QGJ. If any of them die I just sub in a replacement, and I'll move around the characters until I get a seed I like.
  • I've not lost a galactic war in ages and actually am finding it very easy at the minute. I use:
    Lumi (lead/ 7*)
    JC (5*)
    Sid (7*)
    Dooku (5*)
    Daka (4*)
    I also have great back ups if anyone dies or I need extra fast damage and a number of suicide squads to use up cool downs if necessary. Back ups are:
    Ig86 (6*)
    Rey (5*)
    Poe (5*)
    Poggle (7*)
  • I've also won almost every GW since the patch.
    Lumi (L) 7*
    Sid 7*
    Fives 5*
    JC 5*
    Dook 4*
    With Sav 7* on the bench for when JC or Dook take a pounding.
  • Lumi (L) , 7*
    Sid, 7*
    JC, 5*
    GS, 6*

That's the core team. With 4* Daka, I use that team for the first 1/2, or as far as I can go. Daka is really squishy at 4*, so later on I sub in her place:

IG-86, 6*

If one of my main four toons die, I reset. If IG dies, I just roll with it and the next node I sub in a different DPS toon, like

Greedo, 5*
    Luke 4*

Then I also have a B team with Poe and Phasma on it, and then a C and D team which are low level suicide squads. I'm currently lvl 68, but I have been facing level 70 teams since I was lvl 64. GW is challenging to me still, I finish it 90% of the time, but it does take effort, no auto-play at all. It has been easier as I approach 70 however, since I am closing the level gap.
  • @Mizake_Mizan
    It does get easier at 70 with the right squad. And the lvl difference isn't so bad. Two days ago the last battle was against a lvl 73 squad. Yesterday it was lvl 67. Lately I've been finishing with my whole original squad intact. I don't dare auto play though. Careful juggling of heals is way too important.