Gear required for events?

Hey so I was just wondering what gear level I would need in order to complete the palpatine/r2 events. My plans for palp are Wiggs(L), chirrut, ackbar, old ben and for r2 its palp(L), Vader, tarkin, tie pilot, royal guard. I've been prepping my teams for awhile now but just now realizing I'm stuck behind needing 10 separate pieces of raid gear to bring them to gear lvl 9 lol my guild does 2 heroic rancor raids a week so I should have a majority of each team to gear 9 before the respective events so to know the bare minimum I need would be incredibly helpful :smile:

Replies

• Hey so I was just wondering what gear level I would need in order to complete the palpatine/r2 events. My plans for palp are Wiggs(L), chirrut, ackbar, old ben and for r2 its palp(L), Vader, tarkin, tie pilot, royal guard. I've been prepping my teams for awhile now but just now realizing I'm stuck behind needing 10 separate pieces of raid gear to bring them to gear lvl 9 lol my guild does 2 heroic rancor raids a week so I should have a majority of each team to gear 9 before the respective events so to know the bare minimum I need would be incredibly helpful :smile:

I'd say minimum gear level for Palp would be g8, g9 if you want to be really safe. As for R2, minimum I've found is g9
  • Soldier76 wrote: »
    Hey so I was just wondering what gear level I would need in order to complete the palpatine/r2 events. My plans for palp are Wiggs(L), chirrut, ackbar, old ben and for r2 its palp(L), Vader, tarkin, tie pilot, royal guard. I've been prepping my teams for awhile now but just now realizing I'm stuck behind needing 10 separate pieces of raid gear to bring them to gear lvl 9 lol my guild does 2 heroic rancor raids a week so I should have a majority of each team to gear 9 before the respective events so to know the bare minimum I need would be incredibly helpful :smile:

I'd say minimum gear level for Palp would be g8, g9 if you want to be really safe. As for R2, minimum I've found is g9

Ok :smile: is there anything you'd change about my team comps? Or will they get me past?
  • I found the palp event really easy with all at level 72, g8, abilities level 7.

I only had 4 at 7* for last r2 event, but they were level 80, g8, abilities on palp/vader level 7. GMT, RG, TFP g7 abilities level 4-5. I breezed though tier 6 with that.

Only had average mods, some even mk3.

Neither was anywhere close to the thrawn event difficulty, imo.

Hope this helps
  • grady1346 wrote: »
    I found the palp event really easy with all at level 72, g8, abilities level 7.

I only had 4 at 7* for last r2 event, but they were level 80, g8, abilities on palp/vader level 7. GMT, RG, TFP g7 abilities level 4-5. I breezed though tier 6 with that.

Only had average mods, some even mk3.

Neither was anywhere close to the thrawn event difficulty, imo.

Hope this helps

Oh awesome! No that's incredibly helpful thank you :blush: are there any specific toons you would recommend?
  • I used for palp:
    Wedge L
    Biggs
    Lando
    Cassian
    K2

Cassian-k2 are much easier to get over chaze, so i went with them.

Empire, palp lead is best i think unless you have zeta on vader. But the toons you have worked for me under palp lead. If you looking for another empire, magmatrooper is good. But again, i haven't tried tier 7 yet for r2, i was short on royal guard shards last time and the event popped up before i expected.

I am using thrawn this time instead of tarkin, but i would think your squad will work.
  • grady1346 wrote: »
    I used for palp:
    Wedge L
    Biggs
    Lando
    Cassian
    K2

Cassian-k2 are much easier to get over chaze, so i went with them.

Empire, palp lead is best i think unless you have zeta on vader. But the toons you have worked for me under palp lead. If you looking for another empire, magmatrooper is good. But again, i haven't tried tier 7 yet for r2, i was short on royal guard shards last time and the event popped up before i expected.

I am using thrawn this time instead of tarkin, but i would think your squad will work.

Alright! Thanks for the help! :smile:
  • Yh your empire squad looks fine for the r2 event, just smash r2 asap to make it a lot easier. I made the mistake of trying to leave him til last and it made it impossible
  • Palps g7 and 1 or 2 heroes at g8. You need to have Wedge and Biggs in this team if you want to complete it with low gear.

For R2 I guess g8-g9-g10 depending on the characters you're going to use.
  • Moved to Palpatine event subsection. Tag me if you'd prefer R2's subsection.