Zeta drop rate poor at best

Prev1
I am willing to bet that I am not the lone soldior here.

Playing 2 accounts. I have got zeta abbility mat drop 3 times in the last 6 weeks. Thats both accounts combined.

I know i am not the only player experiancing this as many in my guild are expressing the same dissatisfaction.

Some players have quit because of it.

Is anyone else having these problems?

Replies

• Options
    Yes, it seems the devs have the drop rate set close to 0 % chance!
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Options
    I average a full crafted zeta every 4-6 weeks just from the challenges. You have really bad luck.
  • Options
    You dont say Winstar!

I get that a lot of players get 2 or 3 drops a week.
    However there are some of us that go 2,3, sometimes 4 weeks with out a drop and that hardly seem fair.

I just hope there is some way the mods could eben up the ledger some how.

• Options
    Winstar wrote: »
    I average a full crafted zeta every 4-6 weeks just from the challenges. You have really bad luck.

Really?? From the drops? wow if that the case, id change that to you have fantastic good luck... I get probably 1 zeta every week from challenges if i am lucky!
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    The expected drop rate is 1 per challenge day, so 3 per week, or 7 weeks per zeta.
    My actual drop rate (70 mats since the end of may) is almost exactly that
  • Options
    First world problem but I got more Zeta mats than Omegas so I can't use the Zetas anyway.
  • Options
    Vohbo wrote: »
    The expected drop rate is 1 per challenge day, so 3 per week, or 7 weeks per zeta.

As i said i get that a lot of players are getting 3 or for Zeta matts per week. I get it. I do.

Again . A large group of players are going 2,3 sometimes 4 weeks without a drop.

@CG_Kozispoon can the Devs please look into this.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I can't be the only one. When CLS came out I was like 5 zetas away from zeta'ing raid Han. Now I have + 27 mats on hold (of which 3 came from the fleet mastery events).

Edit: I go 0-4 often but it averages out to a full zeta in six weeks because I hit those hot streaks as well.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Or save fleet tokens if you want guaranteed Zetas.

• Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Vohbo wrote: »

As i said i get that a lot of players are getting 3 or for Zeta matts per week. I get it. I do.

Again . A large group of players are going 2,3 sometimes 4 weeks without a drop.

That is the nature of random drops. In fact, it's entirely possible that there is someone, somewhere, that has been farming zetas for months and hasn't completed one.

I also never said I agreed with this. The solution is simple though: have a guaranteed drop from the challenge. I also understand this would double the availability, but seeing as we got what, 10 (?) new zeta's this month alone, that might not be excessive.
  • AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    My average drop rate is 1 mat per week (i.e. 1/6 attempts = 16,66%).
    Only two times in the last year I get 2 in a single attempt, quickly compensated by a long list of 0/2.....
    Since several weeks I buy 1 zeta mat every two days in the ship store...
    Post edited by AleSahnDroh_1979 on
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Options
    I buy ~ 1/3 of all zetas I get and it takes ~2 months to complete one.
  • Options
    You are not alone. Ever since about 7 weeks ago I’ve been keeping tabs because I noticed a sharp decrease in zetas, and its coming in at about a whopping 6% drop rate for me. Seems EA just isn’t getting enough money, so we must be punished.
  • Options
    You forget to pray to RNGesus every night before bed time, don't you?
  • Options
    There is a solution to all the challenge problems : make a lower limit(a guarantee) on drops. Add new tiers as well, it's been a year already!
    With all the new content,we barely have the means to try it properly cause of this
  • Options
    Atronach24 wrote: »
    There is a solution to all the challenge problems : make a lower limit(a guarantee) on drops. Add new tiers as well, it's been a year already!
    With all the new content,we barely have the means to try it properly cause of this

Very good but impossible: it would be against making money!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Vicarious wrote: »
    Something needs to be done.

At the rate we are going we will never get the chance to experience even half the characters zeta abilities. We just keep getting more and more zeta abilities added and new characters with multiple zeta abilities. I like that we can’t just go slap them down on everyone at once, that would make the game very boring. However, at the rate most players get zeta mats well.......

isn't that true for pretty much everything ingame? We're forced to make choices and i personally consider that a good thing. The zeta droprate being very frustrating has a bigger impact than the actual scarcity of zeta's, atleast for me. I get annoyed when i pull 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, but when i look at my roster i'm content with the amount of zeta abilities i've got. (12 equiped and 23 mats in my inventory)
    1 hard node only characters/ships and the gearcrunch are a bigger issue for me as far as progression goes and being able to enjoy the game to the fullest.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    It's about 2-4 zeta a month for me it's very annoying..I play a year this game and I have 4 zeta equipped,the best is to be equal for everyone or better,players should do a challenge for it with standar numbers.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    I got 6 Zetas between today and yesterday
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    It's about 2-4 zeta a month for me it's very annoying..I play a year this game and I have 4 zeta equipped,the best is to be equal for everyone or better,players should do a challenge for it with standar numbers.

Yet you might have had a better droprate than i did, who knows.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    WK42: 1-1
    WK41: 1-0-0-2-1-1 = 5
    WK40: 0-0-1-2-0-0 = 3
    WK39: 2-1-2-2-0-0 = 7
    WK38: 0-1-0-2-2-0 = 5
    WK37: 1-0-1-0-0-0 = 2
    WK36: 0-1-0-0-0-2 = 3
    WK35: 1-0-0-1-1-0 = 3
    WK34: 0-0-0-0-0-0 = 0
    WK33: 0-0-1-2-0-0 = 3
    WK32: 0-0-1-1-0-0 = 2
    WK31: 0-1-0-0-2-1 = 4
    WK30: 0-0-1-1-0-1 = 3
    WK29: 1-0-1-1-0-1 = 4
    WK28: 0-1-1-1-1-0 = 4
    WK27: 0-0-2-0-2-2 = 6
    WK26: 0-1-2-0-0-0 = 3
    WK25: 0-1-0-1-1-0 = 3
    WK24: 1-0-1-1-0-0 = 3
    WK23: 0-0-0-2-0-0 = 2
    WK22: 0-0-0-1-0-0 = 1
    WK21: 0-0-0-1-0-1 = 2
    WK20: 0-0-0-1-0-0 = 1

0 = 77
    1 = 41
    2 = 15
  • Options
    Krjstoff wrote: »

Might have been when i called the rng god a complete kitten after not EVER getting 10mill on a credit hiest ever.
  • Options
    Krjstoff wrote: »

Might have been when i called the rng god a complete kitten after not EVER getting 10mill on a credit hiest ever.

Yeah. Guess you shouldn't have done that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to better sub forum for dev visibility.

The challenge is meant to be a supplement not a direct farming method. They want you to make the hard decision to buy them, which they made easier by removing gear.
  • ReVenGe_in_MiNd
    596 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    The challenge is meant to be a supplement not a direct farming method. They want you to make the hard decision to buy them, which they made easier by removing gear.

Yes thats fair and reasonable that they made it a supplement, not a direct farming method.

My beef is more to the fact that some players are getting 3,4 sometimes 5 or 6 regularly per week and now have more zeta then they know what to do with.

Then you have another group of players who are lucky to get one drop in a 3 week period.

When you struggle in your ship shard to crack the 500+ rank ( I cant get past rank 1800) and only get 800 fleet credit / day, its very hard to farm zeta from the fleet store expecially when you need ship shars. Fleet arena is even more cut throat now crystals are on offer for the top 20

I hope the Developers can see my point here.

I even spent 200 crystals to change my game name on my primary account to "Zetamax NoZetaForYou" as after all this time i only have 1 toon zetad (cody) and only have 4 zeta mats saved for my second zeta, thats after i have actuly grinded out 4 zetas from the fleet store plus 2 zetas i got from the 2 times we got them some other way.

I just want it to be fair :(
  • Options
    The Zeta drop rate is what it is. It’s RNG based and as such you’ll have some days that it’s all good, equally you’ll have others that are bad... some of those bad patches might run on a bit. Some of the good ones might.

I’ll clue you into a little secret, the real skill in this game is resource management. You want everything, you can’t everything so you have to pick and choose what to after and when.

Good luck
  • Options
    The Zeta drop rate is what it is. It’s RNG based and as such you’ll have some days that it’s all good, equally you’ll have others that are bad... some of those bad patches might run on a bit. Some of the good ones might.

I’ll clue you into a little secret, the real skill in this game is resource management. You want everything, you can’t everything so you have to pick and choose what to after and when.

Good luck

I am well aware of resourse management. Its not a little secret its not a big secret its not a secret at all.

You clearly have just read my posy without making any comprehention.

18 zeta drops sence zetas were released in the game for my primary account with 6 chances per week.

You do the maths. Thats less then 1/ fortnight. Correct me if i am wrong.
  • Options
    Wait wait.... Are we taking zeta mats that upgrade toons skills to zeta, or some kind of gear piece?

Where do zeta mats drop from?

I've got 13 total zeta mats, and I've bought them all from the fleet store. Been playing a year and haven't zeta'd a toon yet (mostly because I spend fleet tokens on character shards, no discipline...)
  • Options
    Oh man!!! I totally forgot they drop in fleet challenges!!

UHH.... Teach me to not invest fully into fleet garbage... I'll be fixing that asap.