Star Wars Rebels - Season 4 Premier Review: Heroes of Mandalore

A short, spoiler free review of the premier episode of Star Wars Rebels Season 4! Did Star Wars Rebels start off its final season with a bang?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYHUgjCC37w

Replies

• I saw the full episode at Fan Expo
  • Time to go on kissanime to watch it. Don’t spoil it please for anyone else.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    I thought it was a pretty forgettable pair of episodes, myself.
    It seemed like a very oddly out of place episode. I was expecting it to set the direction for season 4, but instead it tied up an arc in season 3, presumably so we can get on to season 4. Or maybe it's one of those between season pairs like the Siege of Lothal?
    Either way, I found the first half visually bland and pretty dull and predictable overall. Environment reminded me of the planet they found Rex on, which I guess shouldn't be too surprising since Rebels' environments really lack the detail that TCW did.
    Anyway, I hope the next episode really starts the last season off, as the season 4 trailer had some really interesting stuff in it.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • kalidor wrote: »
    It seemed like a very oddly out of place episode. I was expecting it to set the direction for season 4, but instead it tied up an arc in season 3, presumably so we can get on to season 4. Or maybe it's one of those between season pairs like the Siege of Lothal?
    Either way, I found the first half visually bland and pretty dull and predictable overall. Environment reminded me of the planet they found Rex on, which I guess shouldn't be too surprising since Rebels' environments really lack the detail that TCW did.
    Anyway, I hope the next episode really starts the last season off, as the season 4 trailer had some really interesting stuff in it.

When I was at the Star wars rebels Pannell at Fan Expo, Dave Filony said himself that the first 5 episodes will tie up loose ends from other arks. Then after the 5 episodes of closing arks ends, the season will then focus on Ezra's story ark till the end of the season.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    kalidor wrote: »

When I was at the Star wars rebels Pannell at Fan Expo, Dave Filony said himself that the first 5 episodes will tie up loose ends from other arks. Then after the 5 episodes of closing arks ends, the season will then focus on Ezra's story ark till the end of the season.

Good to know, thanks. I'm not sure I remember many of the other character's arcs, Rebels has always been more about the cameos and the backdrop of the SW universe than it has been about Phoenix squad for me.

Good to know, thanks. I'm not sure I remember many of the other character's arcs, Rebels has always been more about the cameos and the backdrop of the SW universe than it has been about Phoenix squad for me.

I think it's more of the Phoenix squad character arks. Dave Filony wasn't very specific at the Pannell. He was wearing a shirt which ad the picture of the Lothal wolf though.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I thought it was a decent pair of episodes, nothing spectacular. It had a pretty rough start with a completely tensionless and pointless battle, and I wish the show had the guts to actually kill off sabine’s mother. That scene really worked for me before it was revealed that she survived. Killing off sabine’s mother would have made the conflict more personal to sabine and more emotional for the viewer. The rest was fine, if a bit predictable. Again, nothing spectacular.

That's nice to know, thank you!

I thoroughly agree with your assessment!
  • Admiral_Wh1skers
    1352 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I hoped that they would have killed the mother and brother of Sabine
  • HK47isLife wrote: »

That's nice to know, thank you!

Your very welcome kind sir, you can always ask for more info about that Pannell because there was way more to it than just seeing the first episode of season 4
  • Episode 3 seemed much more interesting to me. New plot items, rather than tying up old plot items.
    Episode 3 seemed much more interesting to me. New plot items, rather than tying up old plot items.

Agreed I enjoyed the last 2 episodes more that the first two.
    Episode 3 seemed much more interesting to me. New plot items, rather than tying up old plot items.

Same

Same

^^^
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Episodes 5 & 6 were even better. Animation seemed a bit better too, as did the overall tone of the episodes. Too bad Rebels wasn't always this good.
    Episodes 5 & 6 were even better. Animation seemed a bit better too, as did the overall tone of the episodes. Too bad Rebels wasn't always this good.

I did a review for that too. I agree it was much better.