Sabine instead of Chopper?

Hey Guys. I have Chopper not geared up or anything, because he sucks. Is it possible to 7 star Thrawn without him? I mean I couldn't 7 star him last week, but is it possible? I have Hera, Ezra, Kanan, and Zeb at gear 8.

Here they are:

https://swgoh.gg/u/sithsithari/collection/?f=phoenix

Replies

• I 7*ed Thrawn with my G8 Squad of Phoenix Characters, including Sabine.

The highest speed I had on them was something around the 170 range. I even left Kanan's speed at its base and simply piled my Baze's mods on him (modded for protection).

I tried several times with several different configurations and this is the one that eventually did it. I had Sabine and Ezra modded for Critical Chance and Critical Damage, and the reason I cleared it is very likely because of Counter Attack RNG paired up with heavy damage criticals from Ezra and Sabine. The extra protection kept Kanan around to soak up hits as well.

There are also countless other more in depth guides to completing the event if you're interested in doing a little digging. You also probably have enough time to work on the team some more before Thrawn rolls around again. Either way, good luck.
  • Well if you saw my characters, you can see I don't really have a lot of good mods. I can't even participate in tier two of Crit Chance/damage mod challenges...
  • Personally, I don't use Kanan. I find Chopper's unique to be more important for both TB and the Thrawn event. I think other than the counter unique, Kanan is garbage as a squad member. Zeb/Chopper are the backbone of survival. Kanan is when you just want to annoy the enemy (sometimes to death, usually not).
  • Well if you saw my characters, you can see I don't really have a lot of good mods. I can't even participate in tier two of Crit Chance/damage mod challenges...

Yeah, I didn't go through all that. Still, you don't have to have those mods, they just help.
  • Hey Guys. I have Chopper not geared up or anything, because he sucks. Is it possible to 7 star Thrawn without him? I mean I couldn't 7 star him last week, but is it possible? I have Hera, Ezra, Kanan, and Zeb at gear 8.

Here they are:

https://swgoh.gg/u/sithsithari/collection/?f=phoenix

Yes but you need at least g9 and Ezra g10, good mods and a lot of attempts
    And maybe zeta sabine lol (1 or 2 attempts
  • Probably not. If you loose Zeb, Hera or Ezra you are doomed; Chopper brings in that taunt and his new zeta is really important. Though your Sabine looks good, you might just need to tank up Kanan a bit more, and GX Ezra and GIX Zeb and Kanan and a lot of luck.
  • I managed to get 7* Thrawn with my G8 Phoenix, without Chopper. It was really tight, took a bunch of tries and good luck, and I had to put all my arena mods onto the squad to pull it off. That's a decent amount of speed boost, and otherwise nice mod kit. Without those mods, my alt couldn't pull it off even though the same Phoenix toons were slightly better geared (although still G8). So yeah, general consensus is:
    - G8 with Sabine is possible only with good to great mods and good RNG
    - G8 with Chopper has a better chance of success
    - G9/10 with Sabine is much more likely to succeed
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    I did it with Sabine, all g8, no zetas, lvl 85. I couldnt do it for 4 hours. First strategy was to give them health/prot. It didnt work. Barelly I could clear three toons in last stage. So I change mods to make them all fast. And I did it on first attempt. I follow right order of clearing the last stage and used Zeb (70%potency) to daze and stun Thrawn. That was the key by using him with every assist. Ezra was so fast that he went first in first phase. I think it was something 220 speed. Sabine was also above 200.