Please Read This

SithSithari
5 posts Member
edited October 2017
So I have been receiving advice on how to 7 star Thrawn next time. Either use Chopper instead of Sabine, or Use Sabine and heavily mod everyone. One says I should fill Ezra and Sabine with Crit Chance/Damage mods. However, if you look at my scoundrels and jawas, I really can't farm those mods. I started this game last year, so I don't have all the good characters needed to do well in the game. I try to gear up my Phoenix team but the gear I need is Raid gear and gear that is nearly impossible to farm. But I can't get good raid gear because I'm always the last place person in the Heroic raids. So I have been farming a solo team and all I need is to 7 star Tie Fighter Pilot and then I will be able to join the "big boys".

https://swgoh.gg/u/sithsithari/collection/

I guess I'm beginning to side track. The point of this rant is to get the attention of the Devs. Please stop spamming new content every week (exaggeration, but you get the point). Let the newer players have time to catch up and have a fighting chance at getting stuff like Palpatine and Thrawn. And please please please stop with the panic farming and packs. You're not helping us at all.

Sincerely,

Me and the rest of the SWGOH community.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The game is a marathon and not a sprint. its not easy especially at the beginning but you need to pick a priority and work from there. It takes a good base to build up in this game but at least you are in the same boat as everyone else in your shard and that will let you stay competitive.
  • I know it's a tough pill to swallow, but sometimes you just have to let the events go by and hope to catch it next time. Stick with your farming goals, it works better than chasing the flavor of the month.
  • A year? I've been playing for four to five months (since the first thrawn event came actually) and I prioritised PS along with my arena team and I got him 7 starred with G10 ezra, and everyone else G8 (Chopper not sabine). You simply can't get everything in the game. I didn't go for yoda or R2 or CLS or palp (unlocked him with PS anyways) simply because I made a decision to go for Thrawn and I had to stick it out the whole way
  • I know you probably heard this a thousand time, because I did too. It takes good RNG. Looking at your Phoenix team, it looks just like mine did. I almost had Ezra to gear 10, and played it probably 200 times before everything finally fell into place. I would highly suggest getting Ezra to 10, and making sure everyone's abilities are maxed, and maybe try to get a few of the others to gear 9. The key for me was to get Zeb to stun Thrawn. That enabled the rest of my troops to survive longer. Good luck, but like the others said, stick with it. It is too hard to go after multiple goals.
  • Me and the rest of the SWGOH community.

May not want to presume you speak for everyone.

While you may want to catch up, those who are already at point X (wherever it is you expect the game to pause to let you catch up) want new things to do.

If you started this game last year, you've been playing for at least 10 months. If you don't have a sufficient scoundrel team to do the crit chance mods, you're doing something wrong, since scoundrels are necessary for credit heist, and it doesn't take a ton to do the mod challenge. Newer players have the benefit of Palp appearing every other month. When I missed him the first time, I had to wait four months. You'll deal with it.
  • Sounds like you need a better guild to help you along. Your team doesn't look that good for having played a year. And raid gear isn't a huge deal if you're raiding heroics every few days.
  • Rmaxtpmx
    294 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Oh, and any half decent guild would have told you in the very beginning that you need to put a quality scoundrel team together. That's just shooting a giant hole in your foot, not being able to farm the heists. Not to mention you've been playing a year, and don't have Han Solo unlocked. All signs point towards you needing an active and knowledgeable guild.