Han's Shoot First, Is The Targeting Weighted?

Hey there,

The more I encounter Han Solo, the more it seems like his initial targeting for the stun isn't completely random. Now I'll state here and now that I haven't been recording and running the numbers on this.
I find that, in arena, R2 is taking that stun far more than anyone else on my squad. That part I can say confidently, and that Shoretrooper is taking it the least. Leia and Ezra seem to be taking it more often than Ackbar, but I'm not as confident on those.

What I really want to know is: is the targetting based on something, random but favouring a certain characteristic? I want to guess that he's more likely to target whoever has the highest speed, but I'd like to know if anyone else has found this or if this was already looked in to. Or just tell me I'm stupid and wrong, whatever works.

Replies

• 1AmYourFath3r
    3103 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    100% random. He attacks different toons in my lineu every single time
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    i actually feel like in my battles too Raid Han tend to favor r2, occasionally thrawn. both for me are my fastest toons in absolute speed
  • I have R2 but I'm not sure Raid Han has ever targeted him or GK. It's nearly always CLS, Han, or Ahsoka (which is hilarious and awesome for me).
  • If I had to guess his targeting is weighted support > attackers > tanks.
  • In a resistance team he always attacks my trooper
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    If I had to guess his targeting is weighted support > attackers > tanks.

Yes, it could be like that. In my team, Thrawn is more often targeted, followed by DT and rarely ShT.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    I suspect there may be some criteria for targeting; not only for that, but for all other attacks by anyone as well. I wouldn't be able to tell you what those criteria are or when they are used, though.
  • Steel_Memes
    105 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    If I had to guess his targeting is weighted support > attackers > tanks.

In my case, that should mean Ackbar would be targeted just as much, but as far as I've observed that's emphatically not the case. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though.
    I have R2 but I'm not sure Raid Han has ever targeted him or GK. It's nearly always CLS, Han, or Ahsoka (which is hilarious and awesome for me).
    Is r2 your fastest character or do those others outspeed him?
  • I'll have to start keeping track and see if you may be on to something. Hopefully a dev could comment and give us some direction. To me it would make sense if he targeted the fastest character, or went for the highest power character, etc...
  • Hey there,

The more I encounter Han Solo, the more it seems like his initial targeting for the stun isn't completely random. Now I'll state here and now that I haven't been recording and running the numbers on this.
    I find that, in arena, R2 is taking that stun far more than anyone else on my squad. That part I can say confidently, and that Shoretrooper is taking it the least. Leia and Ezra seem to be taking it more often than Ackbar, but I'm not as confident on those.

What I really want to know is: is the targetting based on something, random but favouring a certain characteristic? I want to guess that he's more likely to target whoever has the highest speed, but I'd like to know if anyone else has found this or if this was already looked in to. Or just tell me I'm **** and wrong, whatever works.

I agree. R2 and CLS get hit a lot, my 2 fastest.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Almost always R2.
  • If I had to guess his targeting is weighted support > attackers > tanks.

In my case, that should mean Ackbar would be targeted just as much, but as far as I've observed that's emphatically not the case. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though.
    I have R2 but I'm not sure Raid Han has ever targeted him or GK. It's nearly always CLS, Han, or Ahsoka (which is hilarious and awesome for me).
    Is r2 your fastest character or do those others outspeed him?

R2 is fastest. He's also my highest power.