New Nightsisters- Zombie and Spirit

Replies

• Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    C3hyp77 wrote: »
    I bet all of the people complaining are CLS lead rebel team users. I'm glad that the dark side is finally getting some attention! I welcome these new nightsisters to the game with open arms. Not every new toon needs to be game breaking and meta upon release. I feel that there are some really entitled people here.

no i think they complain because they like star wars univers .... and they don't care about zombie or night sister or all this , i am in a group of 200 players in 4 guilds . We lost 15 players because of the TB , and since this news we lost 3 more .... what is that , it's no more star wars ...

I'm sorry, I can understand losing people to TB as it does create a time sink in the game but if you lost 3 people because they added Nightsister characters, I think they were on the way out. They may not be well known characters but if you look into their history, they have strong ties to the Sith. Even FreedomFlight Games is about to release an adventure that takes place on Dathomir, the homeworld of the Nightsisters, so it goes beyond just this game.
  • Varlie wrote: »
    I bet all of the people complaining are CLS lead rebel team users. I'm glad that the dark side is finally getting some attention! I welcome these new nightsisters to the game with open arms. Not every new toon needs to be game breaking and meta upon release. I feel that there are some really entitled people here.

no i think they complain because they like star wars univers .... and they don't care about zombie or night sister or all this , i am in a group of 200 players in 4 guilds . We lost 15 players because of the TB , and since this news we lost 3 more .... what is that , it's no more star wars ...

I'm sorry, I can understand losing people to TB as it does create a time sink in the game but if you lost 3 people because they added Nightsister characters, I think they were on the way out. They may not be well known characters but if you look into their history, they have strong ties to the Sith. Even FreedomFlight Games is about to release an adventure that takes place on Dathomir, the homeworld of the Nightsisters, so it goes beyond just this game.

Totally agree - we knew talzin and more were coming. So 3 people quit because more Ns came and didn't like that they are spirit and zombie? Zombie looks like a superb tank for the Ns.
    And as I always suggest to people that are looking to quit, delete discord, line and don't go on forums or Reddit.
    Take it easy and just do dailies.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Bomroll wrote: »

Most likely or 2 marquee and special for mt

Yep...seems like it will probably be like how Wicket and the new Ewoks were released.
    It's very sad to see Star Wars turned into this halloween nonsense. Lots of cool characters to choose from, and we get... a random zombie and a random ghost.
    Also, why did they rework the old nightsisters, if we are supposed to substitute them with new ones?

As many others have said, the Nightsister zombies and spirits were part of the Clone Wars (and it's a big part of their power and defenses to be able to summon spirits and re-animate fallen Nightsisters to fight) and that show is official canon (even before Disney bought Lucasfilm....because Lucas did the Clone Wars series). For the same reason the Ewoks were re-worked....probably need Nightsisters to get Talzin and the new ones will be obtained at 3* and you'll have to completely gear and level them. So you'll need the current 5 to obtain Talzin.
    I have watched the clone wars. The spirit I guess is there but I do not recall a zombie. Canon for either of these is very questionable

It was the Battle of Dathomir. Dooku sent Grievous and a droid army to Dathomir to eliminate Ventress, Talzin and the Nightsisters. Talzin and Daka re-animated fallen Nightsisters into a zombie army. The canon is clear.
  • Bomroll wrote: »
    SOOOO zombie and spirit in marquee events and a legendary event for talzin?

Most likely or 2 marquee and special for mt

Yeah actually similar to ewok event wouldn't be surprising
  • Varlie wrote: »

Maybe you are right but i think they were waiting for toons from kotor or the movies ( where is c3p0 for example ) since a long time ... and they are just fed up now. You know : tb + gear crunch + no resolve of any problem + credits etc etc ... well when it's too much , you just leave .
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    The zombie seems OP. With the constant autotaunt and reviving, it’s going to be difficult for most arena teams to beat NS because you’re having to dispel the taunt every turn. Outside of thrawn’s fracture, I don’t see how else you can get around her.

We have to already with teams ith GK or Baze. It’s about time darkside had something as insanely aggravating as the LS who has ruled meta constantly

There are many ways to get around taunt. Buff immunity, shock, fracture, or just straight AE attacks. Plus Shock and Fracture are DS exclusive.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    I don't think it needs this much explaining or convincing.

The spirit and zombie are literally present in canon star wars.
  • halloween is not celebrated in a galaxy far far away
    Mischen1 wrote: »
    IT'S HALLOWEEN PEOPLE!
  • The force itself is kinda magical, I don’t see a problem with nighsisters...
  • Bit preemptive
  • Out of all the toons, this is what we get. LMAO!
  • Would have preferred Spirit Han and Zombie Han.

B_O_S_S_K in SW:G | G O R N in ST:T
  • Will you update the descripton of Annihilate (DN) or Execute (BF) to "Defeated enemy, except Zombie, can't be revived"?
  • Fatzke wrote: »
    Will you update the descripton of Annihilate (DN) or Execute (BF) to "Defeated enemy, except Zombie, can't be revived"?

That's the only way to defeat toons like that without them reviving
  • Too good to be real
  • I don’t have a problem with zombies or spirits. But if nightsisters are now the strongest DS faction, that seems a bit odd. They were wiped out by Grievous and a bunch of droids. Shouldn’t Sith be the strongest DS faction?
  • Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Without darkside alchemy & sorcery you wouldn't have had the ancient darkside users sith lords like Naga Sadow or Darth Andeddu or Marka Ragnos or Karness Murr & Ajunta Pall... or countless others...

Who all existed as ghosts at some point in time... and Karness Murr used darkside sorcery to make zombies and these eventualy become the rahkghouls you should all know and love today... eons later <3
    I hate to burst your bubble but your Star Wars lore is a little out of date, none of these characters existed, these are all legends now.

That being said I would rather have ALL these characters before a couple of Halloween decorations I have in my front lawn.
  • Fatzke wrote: »
    Will you update the descripton of Annihilate (DN) or Execute (BF) to "Defeated enemy, except Zombie, can't be revived"?

Why? Nihilus says enemies defeated can't be revived. Zombie says she ignores "can't be revived".

It's like in magic the gathering when a card says "destroy target creature" and then if a creature has "indestructible (can't be destroyed)"... you don't go and update the first card. Not scalable.
  • It's very sad to see Star Wars turned into this halloween nonsense. Lots of cool characters to choose from, and we get... a random zombie and a random ghost.
    Also, why did they rework the old nightsisters, if we are supposed to substitute them with new ones?

If you read the rest of the thread, you'll see that they're not just a "Random zombie" or a "Random ghost" - they are canon characters. Not knowing about the characters doesn't make them non-canon. What's wrong with linking them in with Halloween?

Reworks and new characters are often done at the same time, too.
  • gufu21 wrote: »
    Personal opinion: CG has jumped the shark.

I know lots of people liked the Nightsisters and liked the Clone Wars. Fine. Lots of people were waiting for Mother Talzin. Fine. Nightsister rework for Halloween. Fine. OK so far.

But really. REALLY?

Of all of the iconic, popular Star Wars characters that people would love (a personal wish—more KOTOR, Legends characters), and of all the factions that could really use a pass, and of all the QoL updates we badly need—

We get a generic zombie and ghost.

I'll even go this far: I would rather have gotten a Jar Jar Binks character. (Don't take that as a request, just a comparison.)

Jumped. The. Shark.

I don't get the complaint, to me this is just about the best way to introduce characters. A few minor characters along with a major character who works with them( how they are released aside)

You can't release a bunch of major characters at the same time and give them all a time to shine. The star wars universe is incredibly expansive and we will never get all the characters we want, but I like this, just like how I like the ewoks, and dn sith release, among others

Good job guys
  • Rolo vs Ns?
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I have never heard of any of that. I’ve dipped my toes into the EU, but when i think of whats “most important” in the star wars saga, i think OT because thats the foundation everything else was built upon. Not Flimflam Garstomp or Jarude Cumbersnatch
  • DarthNO2 wrote: »
    I hate to burst your bubble but your Star Wars lore is a little out of date, none of these characters existed, these are all legends now.

Star Wars animated series, Star Wars the Clone Wars series, Star Wars Rebels are all accepted by Disney as canon. The Nightsisters are definitely not Legends or EU. Further this is an EA game and they absolutely can put anything from their MMO into it.
  • Jures200 wrote: »

I don't get the complaint, to me this is just about the best way to introduce characters. A few minor characters along with a major character
    You can't release a bunch of major characters at the same time and give them all a time to shine. The star wars universe is incredibly expansive and we will never get all the characters we want, but I like this, just like how I like the ewoks, and dn sith release, among others

Good job guys
    Omeah wrote: »
    Seriously though, everyone should get their turn. NOONE can be so entitled that only their characters can appear in the game. SW has a big universe. It makes sense to use it to its full potential and release characters from every corner. This time we got a TCW and a Rebels character. Next time we'll get a TLJ one. After that maybe a PT one. So what? As I said, everyone should get their turn, this game is for all SW fans, not only for the smallest snob circle.

These posts nailed it imo. There will be more characters after these. We're building out a large library of characters, and not every single one can (or should) be a prime time all-star.

To riff off MtG again, you can't only print rares, nor can you only print cards that are strictly better than older cards all the time. It's a fine balance.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Tactyou wrote: »
    This is an all time low

If I understand Zombie's mechanics correctly, they just made 2 zeta's useless at once (DN's annihilate zeta and Boba's execute zeta). Waiting for clarification, but if that is correct, you are right. Releasing characters that make previous zeta's useless is poor design.

This doesnt change any zeta... first annihilate doesnt have a zeta (omega only) and 2 its still a finishing blow for boba just they are instantly revived after, if i understand it all correctly
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    B_O_S_S_K wrote: »
    Would have preferred Spirit Han and Zombie Han.

LOLOLOL

Happy Hansoloween!!!
  • DarthNO2 wrote: »
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Without darkside alchemy & sorcery you wouldn't have had the ancient darkside users sith lords like Naga Sadow or Darth Andeddu or Marka Ragnos or Karness Murr & Ajunta Pall... or countless others...

Who all existed as ghosts at some point in time... and Karness Murr used darkside sorcery to make zombies and these eventualy become the rahkghouls you should all know and love today... eons later <3

That being said I would rather have ALL these characters before a couple of Halloween decorations I have in my front lawn.

Upvote.

You realize "Canon" is dumb after you read 20+ Star Wars canon novels that a few years later become non-canon thanks to Disney. Also I prefer to leave canonization to religions; I prefer my non-fiction to not have a committee deciding what stories are true and which are fictionally fiction stories.

Lastly, nightsisters are dumb. I've read lots and lots of Star Wars EU material and they stand out like a sore thumb of bad writing.

P.s. Especially dumb when Disney decides to remove stories as canon, then steals major plot points, characters and stories from them but just renames them.
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    banevader wrote: »
    halloween is not celebrated in a galaxy far far away
    Mischen1 wrote: »
    IT'S HALLOWEEN PEOPLE!

Yes, but Disney celebrates Halloween....