First Order Stormtrooper?

What do you guys think about First Order Stormtrooper? He seems to have some good abilities like getting turn meter advantages and giving enemies slow speed. Also gives out a great counter as well. What do you guys think about him? Should I level him up past 3 stars?

Replies

• He's a good character if you can grind him, but it will take you forever. If you don't want to spend months on him, Fives provides the same counter and speed down combination.
  • He's a good character if you can grind him, but it will take you forever. If you don't want to spend months on him, Fives provides the same counter and speed down combination.

I also have Fives as well 3* I got him for a bronze package. It seems like FOST works even better with Plasma also. Who would you recommend with Fives?

I also have Fives as well 3* I got him for a bronze package. It seems like FOST works even better with Plasma also. Who would you recommend with Fives?

In my opinion, Fives is a character that you can plug into any GW team. He's too slow for arena. He synergizes with Rex and Plo Koon, but neither of those characters is very good, so you may want to avoid them. If you plug Fives into an otherwise fast squad, his speed down attack can allow your fast characters to absolutely annihilate a GW opponent.

In my opinion, Fives is a character that you can plug into any GW team. He's too slow for arena. He synergizes with Rex and Plo Koon, but neither of those characters is very good, so you may want to avoid them. If you plug Fives into an otherwise fast squad, his speed down attack can allow your fast characters to absolutely annihilate a GW opponent.

Hmm interesting that makes sense. Yea I dont have Plo Koon or Rex. Maybe a plasma with a turn meter advantage with a Han might make a good team.
  • ReySkywalker
    131 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    @Qeltar what do you think? whats your opinion?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Thanks for asking. My opinion: Baby Fives with lower counter chance, less chance to inflict speed down, and slower speed. Unique ability far inferior to that of Fives. On top of that, FO teams took a major hit in last week's update, and to cap it off, he's only farmable on 2 hard nodes. Pass...
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Thanks for asking. My opinion: Baby Fives with lower counter chance, less chance to inflict speed down, and slower speed. Unique ability far inferior to that of Fives. On top of that, FO teams took a major hit in last week's update, and to cap it off, he's only farmable on 2 hard nodes. Pass...

ok cool so you think fives is better too. What do you think is a good team to put him on?

What exactly did the update do to FO teams? Not trying to be belligerent or anything, just curious since I run Phasma, Kylo, and FOO in my main squad.

What exactly did the update do to FO teams? Not trying to be belligerent or anything, just curious since I run Phasma, Kylo, and FOO in my main squad.

With speed determining order being precise and not set into tiers, most of the FO characters are slower than a lot of the common arena characters. I have Phasma, Kylo, and FOO in my main team also and I haven't seen a big difference but I'm not top 100 which is where all the speed teams probably are

ok cool so you think fives is better too.
    Better? Yes. Good? No.
  • floods wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »

ok cool so you think fives is better too.
    Better? Yes. Good? No.

Hmm you think? whats not good about him or makes other better?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Qeltar wrote: »

In rough order of importance:
    1. FO teams were indirectly nerfed by all the other factions having speed leaders apply in the first round when they do not have one.
    2. Phasma's bug that allowed her leader ability to proc on non-attacks such as her own and FOO's was fixed.
    3. Yoda has the potential to turn Kylo from a serious asset to a serious liability (see the various images of what happens when Retribution gets stolen).
    4. Yoda can also negate Phasma's Fusillade (though not usually both this and the Kylo move).
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

His basic damage is way higher than 5s at 3200 and 5s is one of the lowest in the game. You must be comparing a 7* fives to a 4* fost
  • I have a 5* gear viii Fives and 4* gear viii FOST (9 shards away from 5*). I use both with Phasma and Lumi in GW pretty much the whole way through. If FOST has advantage, he has 90% chance to counter and 90% chance to inflict speed down on regular hit or counter. His basic hits harder than Fives but his special sucks. I love Fives and FOST together with Phasma though....there are so many extra hits and the turn meter control wins the battles for me. They also survive the onslaught of the high DPS characters. I'm leveling up Dooku now to add this counter team....I want to try it out in arena.

Did nothing to them. That is the problem, other teams for their speed leadership fixed and now FOO are slower by comparison
  • So my opinion is FOST is better than Fives ONLY when combined with Phasma. Without Phasma, Fives is better.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Personnaly i started to farm FOTP for a while. I have him lvl 70 with 4* and purple and sometimes he makes shots with 10K damage so i like him :)

So if you manage to keep alive for a long time he can be a great asset to kill the ennemy but of course sometimes he gets killed at the beginning so he is useless
  • I have FOST at 5* close to full gear, with lvl6 abilities. He's quite average all around really. His counter is decent, and when paired with Phasma, is way more efficient. His ability doesn't seem to be that useful really, or at least doesn't seem like it is. It does take a while to farm him up. I'm 7/85, been farming him since he was given to me free by the Devs. He's a solid character overall. I don't have Fives well lvled, so can't say anything about him.
  • Corndog131 wrote: »
    I have a 5* gear viii Fives and 4* gear viii FOST (9 shards away from 5*). I use both with Phasma and Lumi in GW pretty much the whole way through. If FOST has advantage, he has 90% chance to counter and 90% chance to inflict speed down on regular hit or counter. His basic hits harder than Fives but his special sucks. I love Fives and FOST together with Phasma though....there are so many extra hits and the turn meter control wins the battles for me. They also survive the onslaught of the high DPS characters. I'm leveling up Dooku now to add this counter team....I want to try it out in arena.

Nice that sounds like a beast, I would always put him with plasma since her leader abilities are even higher with him. He seems better to me then fives. His speed and counter barely even works but FOST seems to work almost every time!

• What do you guys think about First Order Stormtrooper? He seems to have some good abilities like getting turn meter advantages and giving enemies slow speed. Also gives out a great counter as well. What do you guys think about him? Should I level him up past 3 stars?

Hey is better than Fives; unless you have clone allies, or Koon to parter Fives with. I farm him when I can... He's probably 7th on the straight up farming list... & I have nearly 50 toons. Also Fives isn't a tank.. He's an attacker I think. All that said, Fives can be intimidating leveled up. I've never seen a FOST @ 7*'s...or even 5 stars...
  • Both 5's and FOST are classified as tanks and are great for the Mace Windu challenge.

Both mine are only at 3 stars and 6-7 gear. They both have good health and FOST does pretty good damage for his level and stars, but 5's does not. 5's does better damage with his assist ability and gets an assist, which mitigates the damage difference a bit. 5's counter and slow are both much more reliable. FOST's slow gets more reliable when he has advantage, but unless you're using Phasma as a lead he never has advantage unless you waste a turn (25% chance to waste only 60% of a turn ;)) using his second ability.

My analysis is that they're both nice in GW when you have Barriss because of the huge HP pool she has to pull from on her heal. They're both good in LS/DS and challenges because of their high health, counters and slow. In arena, FOST is best with Phasma, but Phasma will be providing most of the slows and advantage, so neither of FOST's abilities are quite as useful as they sound. 5's is a bit better in arena, but still not that great.

I prefer to go arena against teams with 5's in it because he's one less toon that will disrupt my strategy by killing somone early. If it gets down to just him and one or two of my toons it could be bad, but that doesn't really happen. You usually have to either remove some key character or use a counter/assist strategy and the former just makes a weaker team and the latter is easy enough to deal with.

In GW they both seem to hit above their weight. It isn't until I reach teams that are 5 levels and 2-3 stars above them that they become a liability. They both seem to work well as individuals, but don't syngergize well enough with anyone which is necessary once you get to higher levels.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Are you guys still talking about first order tie pilot or first order stormtrooper?

Edit: i m dumb i thought this topic was about tie pilot sorry. I didnt read well the title
  • I am running Phasma, Kylo, Five's, dooku, and lumi for now. I want to swap fett for Lumi eventually. Dooku hits opponents Lumi for a stun, then Kylo blasts to get retaliate fives double taps with another, Lumi ability blocks for massive damage and phasma aoe... Phasma team attack ability gets a few extra digs while fives dooku and Kylo strike back when hit... It's nasty. Eventually fett to replace Lumi for a group ability block strike. My five's is almost completely maxed out on everything same with Lumi. Dooku is 4* as is Kylo and phasma all are gear 7 or better
  • What do you guys think about First Order Stormtrooper? He seems to have some good abilities like getting turn meter advantages and giving enemies slow speed. Also gives out a great counter as well. What do you guys think about him? Should I level him up past 3 stars?

Hey is better than Fives; unless you have clone allies, or Koon to parter Fives with. I farm him when I can... He's probably 7th on the straight up farming list... & I have nearly 50 toons. Also Fives isn't a tank.. He's an attacker I think. All that said, Fives can be intimidating leveled up. I've never seen a FOST @ 7*'s...or even 5 stars...

Prob the reason why is because he is a hard farm. only 3 hard missions. I usually use plasma as my leader so my FOST seems to be a beast. Always countering, always has turn meter advantage and always slowing enemies. His special is super lame but when you use Plasma you don't need to use his special.
  • Are you guys still talking about first order tie pilot or first order stormtrooper?

Edit: i m dumb i thought this topic was about tie pilot sorry. I didnt read well the title

I also do have a FOTP but I have never used him. Is he any good?
  • FOTP does amazing damage but has very low hit points. He needs to be starred up before he can survive long enough to make any difference and his shards aren't super easy to get.