Farming purple gear - 2 out of 10 average?

There's a fine-line between random selection and robbery (to put it bluntly). Provided for some materials such as the Mk 3 Chedak Comlink Prototype, the first appearance is 6-J Dark Side (Normal) with no option for events. I can run through an entire fill of energy (129) and come out with 2 or 3 every time. Considering it's scarcity, I think making some of these materials "slightly" more readily available would be nice. Even if payout was increased by 15-20% it would make a huge difference.
This is one of those purple zone issues that can cause paying customers to stop paying, if they see no rewards. I'm not one of those mice that keeps getting shocked going after the cheese.

Replies

• Some of the purple gear drop rates are so absurd it's making me lose interest in the game. Sim/sim/sim/sim/sim followed by two 50 cost refills (sometimes 100 crystals for a third if I'm aggravated/annoyed) to go from 0/20 to 3/20.
  • Yeah, I think everyone is getting pretty sick of the drop rates on purple gear.. Most people tend to leave the 50 item slots and move on to gearing another character, but once the lvl 80 increase happens we'll have to gather 50 of these items to progress the gear level of said characters.
    I understand that the dev's want the game to be a grind so as you don't progress through it too quickly, but the credit adjustment and level 70 increase has done enough to ensure that's happening already....
    this is a f#*$ing sick joke at this stage.
    Surely someone from the Dev team is reading these posts and threads and realising the frustration and outright anger it's causing.
    Changing the rewards in the challenges would go some way to addressing this issue, and make the challenges actually of interest to people again.
    Sure, when you first start playing the game all the challenges seem relevant, but pretty soon the tank and AGI challenges become more or less irrelevant.
    The mk5 sorosuub keypad and mk4 A/KT Stun gun are only required by a couple of characters, so you build up a large surplus of these items.
    And you can't sell items anymore so what's the actual point of players building up these stockpiles?
    @EA_Jesse
    Have the team given any thought to this issue at all?