Secrets and Shadows Assault Battle - Feedback

Replies

• AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Why does Darth Ni have Protection in secrets and shadows? That was pretty amazing since that is not his mechanic

Lol!

.... and Sidious killed with one shot 3/5 of my Phoneix yet in tier 2!
  • Easier then I thought, bonus tier doesn’t need g10 and above, thanks, dev! Really enjoy everything in Oct, just put the daily crystal back and I will become a long time donator again
    aV2OxMw.png
    Ezra G11, Talia and Daka G10, Asaji and Hera G9
  • Nihilus also has his annihilate off cooldown in the bonus tier. He used it right of the bat and killed 1 of my toons :)
  • Metasly wrote: »
    Sidious is insane on the bonus tier. I never managed to stun him with Zeb. Stagger works but it isn't enough

I would guess he's immune to stun. I ran Daka (g11, modded for 85% potency) on the bonus tier. She had at least 7 or 8 shots (I also used Hera and Ezra to call her assist) and never stunned him.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Why can't I stun him at all? Whats the point of making a debuff completely useless, its not a Raid boss...
  • DaceBG
    32 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Sid is def not OK with that much offense and prot. I think there's something buggy about it.
    Stun doesn't apply but other debuffs do? - So it's not due to high Tenasity. :/

Edit: just blond stuff lol
    Post edited by DaceBG on
    Leader of Bulgarian Republic
  • It does seem odd to have an event for two factions, then make parts of it (Sid and DN) completely immune to the one debuff those two factions make use of (Daka/Ventress and the double daze stun from Zeb.) Especially since neither faction is hard hitting and stun is the way they balance out that fact.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • It was done to make it difficult. But it is doable even without stuns. Just time the staggers well and use all defensive phoenix skills before Sid aoe
  • Great event! Very good reward structure. I hope that you update other assault battles reward structure to make it similar to this one. Only useful gear, no mk4 stun guns and other 2k+ gear.

Well done, devs!
  • Same here. Sid in Bonus Tier is not a challenge. It’s a bug. Tried to stun with Daka with assist over 9 times and no chance to get it. Also Zeb gets with a second Daze no stun. I think that is intended from CG I call it bad coding. Maybe there is a trigger with Gearlevel on your toons. The idea of the event is good, but if you can’t use all abilities and Sids damage with +44k crits on his AOE is oversized it makes no fun.
  • A really good event, with good rewards. Well done !!!
  • I found this event to be very fun. First attempt for me was a complete failure as I just tossed my phoenix team(no Sabine) at it and got massacred by Sidious.

Saw some people mentioning having Sabine and Zeb in to utilize stagger often to delay Sid's turns and that's what I went for on my second attempt and it was still a fairly good challenge but very doable with a subpar geared team.

That Nihilus having annihilate ready right away definitely caught me off guard but I lucked out in having Zeb taunting already(love the event ability) so my Ezra was protected.

All in all a fun but challenging event. Sadly I'll only be able to do it with phoenix for the foreseeable future with nightsisters not being an option for me but not a big deal.
  • ludwignasche
    86 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Good design, good rewards, but should fix Sidious.

• Great event :) Rewards for first time completion should be the default rewards though.

Event was a bit easy for G8 Toons I find.
  • Well done...finally a good challenge - especially that Sidious in 4. round...and the rewards are great, those Mk3 Carbanti are very useful...
  • What are rewards if you refresh? How many items does it drop?
  • Has anyone refreshed? How many items does the rewards drop? (Chance at rare ship shards for 225 crystals is good, but maybe not if you only get 1 item/5 shards of something.)
  • What are rewards if you refresh? How many items does it drop?

I refreshed t1, received 4 FOTP ship shards, 5 Sithtrooper shards, 6 MK7 Syringe salvage and 200k credits. It seems that it worth
  • My nightsisters got stomped, and the main 3 are g10/11.

A team of g7/8 phoenix auto'd it on about the 25th try.

Nihilus with annhilate OFF cooldown to start was a bloody surprise hahahaha

Got a full carbanti which was pleasant :)
  • It was ok. Same recipe as all of the other events, so nothing really new to see at all, but good job not making it worse.

Also, Sid's AOE that's capable of one shotting G9 modded Hera, Chopper, and Zeb is not an interesting mechanic. Last tier certainly relied on the randomness to fall in your favor. I wish, for once, and event could be challenging without forcing RNG into it. That would be hard to do though, I guess.
  • Its been a while since i have been able to say something good about content that's been added, but this has been a great help, Nihlius shards, trooper shards, assassin shards, great gear rewards, good ship shards and even some credits. The event was a challenge but not impossible for everyone who has been working on phoenix for Thrawn and their guilds for TB. A great way to award players who have farmed the right characters fast for their guilds.The full carbanti was the best surprise haha

Overall an amazing event, would love to see more of these in the future with similar rewards!
  • I can't stunt Sidious nor Nihilius. Is it meant to be that way? Or is it a bug?
  • You can stagger, though (<--highly recommended)
  • I know the event is supposed to be challenging and the bosses are specially tuned, but does anyone have an idea how to get past the fact that Sid doesn't seem to have a cooldown for his aoe?
    My toons can survive the first hit, but definitely not the second. I haven't seen anyone mention this here yet, so...it's not just me, is it?
  • They can't be stunned. We've seen this before in special events. WAI.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to feedback section.

Event toons can sometimes be modified to have stats higher then pvp toons, this is usually due to the fact that they want it to be a challenge and these toons don't have mods.
  • Heavy RNG based, if you get good rng you can clear all if not, sidious and nihilus will destroy you. Only real trick of pnonex is stunnin with Zeb and you can't use it here. After many tries i faced Bonus tier nihilus with 4 of my toons alive nihilius annihilated each of them one by one :)) . I think that carbanti have to wait for me some time.
  • So I decided to refresh tier 2 of Secrets and Shadows to see what I would get. I got 4 Sidious Shards, 4 Shards for Kylo's Ship, 2 Syringes, and 200k credits. So for each refresh, it looks like you get basically one of each type of reward: some character shards, ship shards, gear, and credits, as opposed to the first completion, where you get every character, every ship, and lots of gear. Just FYI!!

Side note: I also completed Defense of Dathomir, bringing Mother Talzin to 25/30 shards, then bought one of the Talzin packs for 1299 crystals, and got an additional 5 shards, so I was able to promote Talzin to 4 stars. Pretty much a no-brainer, but thought I'd share in case anyone is intent on making Talzin more powerful right now without spending $300 to get her to 7 stars.
  • Loved the event.

What's your advice for beating Sidious in phase 4 of Teir 2? He slaughters half my team each time he does his AOE. Should my PS be above G8?

Still a great event, not complaining at all.