Secrets and Shadows Assault Battle - Feedback

1235Next

Replies

• Just wondering if one of the updates changed the parameters in this event. I have been able to beat the bonus round previously in one or two tries, but not I cannot get through Sidious' protection with the exact same team that I've beaten the event with before. It wasn't easy, but if I could stagger Sidious before his 1st strike I could beat him every time.

Today I've tried over a dozen times. Sidious' protection or armor appears to have tripled since last week.
  • Buckbeak wrote: »
    Just wondering if one of the updates changed the parameters in this event. I have been able to beat the bonus round previously in one or two tries, but not I cannot get through Sidious' protection with the exact same team that I've beaten the event with before. It wasn't easy, but if I could stagger Sidious before his 1st strike I could beat him every time.

Today I've tried over a dozen times. Sidious' protection or armor appears to have tripled since last week.

Nope. Just as easy to beat all 3 as last time. Some of it depends on your TM and order going into stage 3.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Hskull55 wrote: »
    The difference between tier 1 Sidious and tier 2 Sidious is insane
    The first 3 encounters are very easy and then Sid destroys my team :'(

1 hit all dead, bit of a steep curve.
  • Akmtooke wrote: »
    Hskull55 wrote: »
    The difference between tier 1 Sidious and tier 2 Sidious is insane
    The first 3 encounters are very easy and then Sid destroys my team :'(

1 hit all dead, bit of a steep curve.

Looks like you need to improve your squad/mods
  • Oh, and @CG_CapGaSP , thanks for bringing us this. I am one of those who has been advocating for a NightSister rework + Mother Talzin for a long, long time. I appreciate that you all listened and brought it to us. Although I would have preferred to see it sooner, I understand how the Halloween scheduling ties in with NightSister Zombie and NightSister Spirit and the general creepiness of the Dathomirian women.

Obviously I can't praise (or criticize) the content of this event yet, but I can say I'm pleased that the Nightsisters got attention, and that the rework looks quite good. Combine that with the thoughtful October-theme tie-in, and I understand the wait and find myself quite optimistic and happy about all things NightSister-FactionPass so far.
    Wipe your nose pls! Mind all you brownies, that every event is designed to bring ea more money in the first place, and give you a tiny bit of fun second.
    What **** me off the most is complete lack of information on each buffed unit. They happily break all game rules, that they invented themselves, and you are all happy about it, and cheerfully thank for bringing another random win event to you. Grow up some peanuts pls.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    They jacked up the bonus tier. Will my G9 Hera and Ezra, G8 everyone else, no zetas on anyone, mediocre 5* mods won't pass anymore?

For the love of god! Why thou shall not let them pass anymore, yo?

I'm not playing your mind games anymore Satan. Not jacking up my Phoenix squad anymore. Already got my 7* Thrawn. End rant.
  • There haven't been any changes to this event. Sidious has been and remains a mid-battle sub-boss designed to be a gear and tactics check (as every Assault Battle has for encounter 4). You can overcome his high offense with higher gear levels and proper strategy, same for Nihilus.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    There haven't been any changes to this event. Sidious has been and remains a mid-battle sub-boss designed to be a gear and tactics check (as every Assault Battle has for encounter 4). You can overcome his high offense with higher gear levels and proper strategy, same for Nihilus.
    R4D4 wrote: »
    Oh, and @CG_CapGaSP , thanks for bringing us this. I am one of those who has been advocating for a NightSister rework + Mother Talzin for a long, long time. I appreciate that you all listened and brought it to us. Although I would have preferred to see it sooner, I understand how the Halloween scheduling ties in with NightSister Zombie and NightSister Spirit and the general creepiness of the Dathomirian women.

Obviously I can't praise (or criticize) the content of this event yet, but I can say I'm pleased that the Nightsisters got attention, and that the rework looks quite good. Combine that with the thoughtful October-theme tie-in, and I understand the wait and find myself quite optimistic and happy about all things NightSister-FactionPass so far.
    Wipe your nose pls! Mind all you brownies, that every event is designed to bring ea more money in the first place, and give you a tiny bit of fun second.
    What **** me off the most is complete lack of information on each buffed unit. They happily break all game rules, that they invented themselves, and you are all happy about it, and cheerfully thank for bringing another random win event to you. Grow up some peanuts pls.

So the obvious comment of learn to play and build your squad cuz junk mods and junk gear don't cut it . .. . .

These events are not gimme events, you actually have to work for them. Try build your squad, try different mods, try different tactics,
  • I did not complete Tier 3 of this Assault battle before. I’ve not increased my gear levels at all since the last go round. I’ve moved a few mods around and still come away with my underpants pulled up around my ears...

In the chat a guild mate happened to mention that Sidious gets a bonus evasion against Jedi... BOOM! A lightning bolt hit my tiny pee sized brain. How could I be so stupid? I’d survived the initial onslaught of AoE and then gone on to mange Sids TM but never got through his protection, and then eventually been wiped by a 2nd or 3rd AoE... because my main damage dealer is Ezra! Doh! One +30 speed arrow taken off and a +12% accuracy arrow equipped - and it was done first time! Ezra went from missing what seemed like all the time to hitting nearly all the time.

Couldn’t recommend that +12% accuracy arrow enough!
    There haven't been any changes to this event. Sidious has been and remains a mid-battle sub-boss designed to be a gear and tactics check (as every Assault Battle has for encounter 4). You can overcome his high offense with higher gear levels and proper strategy, same for Nihilus.

Is cool that you state the event hasn't changed, but "mid-battle sub-boss"? C'mon man. It's a cheese tactic to have him unstunnable when you are restricted to two factions that are both low damage teams that rely heavily on daze and stun.

I've completed the tier 3 of the event, but Sid is mid-battle cheese. That's all. Once I've gotten past him at 4, Nihilus is a cake walk at 8.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    I can't beat that Tier 2 Wave 4 Sid...used NS except added Zeb for additional stagger, gave 'em all arena mods, and still wiped out...

And that's fine. Gear levels probably aren't where they need to be. Not everyone can beat every event.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Honestly, I don't think Sid is well balanced for the event at all. His damage, stun resistance and protection/health is way out of line for the rest of the stages at each respective tier. As stated above, the respective DN on stage 8 (even with helpers on the higher tiers) is much easier than Sid.

As I said, I've completed all 3 tiers, so this isn't sour grapes, just my honest opinion.

• TVF
    36573 posts Member
    I'd rather find out I can't win on wave four than on wave eight. ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I have managed the bonus tier once but Darth Sidious is insane
  • TVF wrote: »
    I can't beat that Tier 2 Wave 4 Sid...used NS except added Zeb for additional stagger, gave 'em all arena mods, and still wiped out...

And that's fine. Gear levels probably aren't where they need to be. Not everyone can beat every event.

For whatever it's worth, I use Talzin as my leader (never bought shards for her, so she's sitting at 4 right now) and the old Nightsisters, without Initiate. Buff out Daka so that she survives the AoE, then have everyone use every special they have to stack Plagues on Sidious--but don't use Daka's heal until after the AoE. That will bring back at least one character and, frequently, more. Sidious will probably get another turn, but it'll be a single target that's totally survivable, and by the next turn he'll be dead from all the stacks of Plague.

Good luck!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »

Is cool that you state the event hasn't changed, but "mid-battle sub-boss"? C'mon man. It's a cheese tactic to have him unstunnable when you are restricted to two factions that are both low damage teams that rely heavily on daze and stun.

I've completed the tier 3 of the event, but Sid is mid-battle cheese. That's all. Once I've gotten past him at 4, Nihilus is a cake walk at 8.

Agreed. @CG_CapGaSP
    The RNG aspect is the most annoying. Day 1 takes me 4 straight hours, Day 2 took me 3 minutes. No changes made to my squad or strategy.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).

@CG_CapGaSP I’ve seen some users claim to have witnessed DS use his AoE in 2 consecutive turns - and I flat out don’t believe them.

Can you confirm or deny whether or not it’s possible for DS to use his AoE in 2 consecutive turns?
  • @R4D4:

One of the advantages of having posted highly critical information in the past is that when one posts praise it's believable and no one should think you're brown-nosing. I've been highly critical of certain aspects of the game and mildly critical of many others. Some of these things resulted in fairly quick change, others were 2 cents into a hat that eventually bought us something important. I might have been the first one to call for the release of Imperial Probe Droid, I don't remember, but if I wasn't, I was among the very first and wrote a short bit saying why I thought it could be a good and important toon. EA specifically said that fan feedback was a reason for releasing IPD with DS territory battles. When I wrote in about the visual similarity between Farmboy and CLS icons making it hard for people to tell them apart, a modified CLS icon made its way into the game only a week or so later and incorporated exactly the change I suggested ... because I actually gave positive ideas on how to visually distinguish them, not just a passing comment that the similarity ****. It's likely that they were already aware of the problem in a general way, but weren't sure what to do about it. The similarity of the final product to what I advocated makes it very likely that they used my feedback either to determine what they were going to do or to validate that the idea they'd already had to fix it would be a good one since the same idea was being suggested by players. In either case, the timing of the fix would not have been a coincidence.

So I do what I think is best, try to give important feedback, and, given that nothing but criticism wears people down, make sure to praise when it is due as quickly as I criticize when criticism is due and you think that makes me a reflexive brown-noser?

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you? You may not like my comment or even any of my comments, but what have you done to participate in making the game (or even just the forums) a better place?

@CG_CapGaSP I’ve seen some users claim to have witnessed DS use his AoE in 2 consecutive turns - and I flat out don’t believe them.

Can you confirm or deny whether or not it’s possible for DS to use his AoE in 2 consecutive turns?

The variant AoE he's using has 1 turn cooldown. It's possible that under some circumstances he's getting back to back turns and people are interpreting that as back-to-back usage without the cooldown. Looking at the config of the unit, it's definitely setup as intended and QA never flagged anything like what you describe. If anyone has a video let me know. It's always theoretically possible there's a bug somewhere causing some unintended behavior and it just needs very specific circumstances to appear.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • R4D4
    79 posts Member
    @R4D4:
    ... brown-noser?

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you? You may not like my comment or even any of my comments, but what have you done to participate in making the game (or even just the forums) a better place?

Get a life dude, you've been praising the cg people in the wrong thread. If you want to do that, then raise your own topic, and don't hijack this one, which was clearly about problems with event completion due to high level of inconsistency in character powers. Your reply didn't help OP in any way!
  • I can't beat the last tier of the event and that's completely reasonable considering 3/5 of my phoneix are gear 8and the other two are gear 10. My toons aren't good enough and i accept that, so should some of ye
  • I can't beat the last tier of the event and that's completely reasonable considering 3/5 of my phoneix are gear 8and the other two are gear 10. My toons aren't good enough and i accept that, so should some of ye

lol
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Like every other assault battle I love this one. I finished the bonus tier today for the first time since I only geared my Phoenix for the Thrawn event before. I did it with a G11 Ezra, G10 Chopper, G9 Hera and G8 Zeb and Kanan. Very very fun to play and I kinda like the rng aspect with Nihilus's annihilate. Keep up the good work!
  • NightSisters kill this event, and they're good in Heroic Sith Triumvirate Raid as well.

Gear up those Sisters!