EA Can you Clarify how GW Opponents are decided?

There are so many rumors on how opponents are decided. Some people are getting ridiculously hard matchups. I keep getting ridiculously easy matchups (Level 68 first node against a level 48). What is the math involved and why is it so messed up?

Replies

• I've heard it's through how high you've gotten in the arena. But I'm gettin hard match ups. I'm getting easy at first then it jumps to 6/7* lvl 68s but I have only two five stars. But I think they need to figure something out lol
  • Cyn
    76 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Hey Guys,
    So some clarity here: A while back our server engineers were talking about using Arena Rank to calculate how we picked your opponents. For a while it was discussed that we were going to use your highest rank ever earned.
    This was my full understanding as to how it functioned, and I preached it to the hilt, as you can see here.
    In my discussions as to how we could fix GW, it became apparent that I was wrong. It went something like this:
    Im-Not-Really-A-Jedi: "So why are we using Arena Rank when the pool of people will change over time?"
    Awesome Server Dude: "What are you talking about?"
    INRAJ: "Arena Rank, why do we save their highest rank and then pick opponents against it?"
    ASD: "We don't. We decided not to use that method a while ago."
    INRAJ: "Wait. What?"
    ASD: "Yeah, we don't do that anymore. We just use their highest Squad Power now."
    INRAJ: "What?"
    ASD: "Are you okay, man? You don't look well."
    INRAJ: "I told Reddit we use Arena Ranks..."
    ASD: "Good luck with that."
    INRAJ: "..."
    ANYWAY, as you can see, we use SQUAD POWER to calculate your opponent and NOT ARENA RANK, and I was wroooooooooong.
    Now the good news: Awesome Server Dude thinks he's found the reason why GW keeps selecting those OP level 70 purple 7-stars for you, and he's working on a solution. The problem is that our server engineers are buried under a small mountain of work, so WHEN that fix will be ready is anyone's guess right now.
    I'm really sorry I was wrong, guys. I will always own up to my wrongness, and I mean it when I said that I'm here to help in the best way that I can--and that means making sure everything I say is 100% factual and true! :)
    Thanks!
    INRAJ
    EDIT: So here's EXACTLY how your opponents are figured, and where my confusion for Arena Rank came in:
    We use your LAST PVP SQUAD WIN so long as that power is greater than the last time you won. So we DO take it from Arena, just not RANK, just Squad Power.

^^One of the developers on Reddit.
  • Still doesnt seem like that is what is happening.
  • Still doesnt seem like that is what is happening.

The dev also explains that there is a bug with the matchmaking in GW. It will be fixed. We don't know when and we have no ETA.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/469vj1/sad_post_i_was_wrong_about_galactic_war_using/
  • I am level 62, with non-7 star units, facing lv 70 teams in GW, which are all 7 stars.

Watching my A-team getting destroyed left and right is like watching a kindergarten getting bullied by a high school kid at a sandbox.
  • I totally agree. I made it through the whole campaign holotable once. CAN'T DO ANYMORE! Too too too too too Frickin hard now! Why?
  • Umowois wrote: »
    Still doesnt seem like that is what is happening.

The dev also explains that there is a bug with the matchmaking in GW. It will be fixed. We don't know when and we have no ETA.

Understatement of the year. It's a BIG bug.