Looking for suggestions for a non-NS use for Talzin

On my alt account, I veer away from the meta and try different, stranger things. I am looking for some suggestions as to how to use Talzin in some potential squads, if anyone is interested intheorycrafting.

On this alt account, the toons I have in decent shape are:
- All NS. (They don't work w/o a tank though, so they are useless until Zombie)
- Dooku zeta'd, Jyn lead zeta'd, DN unique zeta'd
- Palp, Chaze, DT, BF (+ all other BHs), Gar Saxon, standard rebels (wiggs, lando, leia, ackbar), all Jawas, Fives.

I also have 2 zetas (almost three) ready to spend.

In the past, I have tried:
- Gar, Fives, Chaze, Dooku (counterattack team ... loads of fun, but I drop like a stone in arena on defence; plus everyone needs godly offence mods, with as little crit as possible)
- DN, Gar, Dooku, Chaze (similar to above but with a better Dooku due to DN, plus of course DN! But less counterattacks because of no Fives)
- Palp, DT, DN, Chaze
- DN, Dooku, Palp, Chaze
- BH (Boba, Zam, Greedo, IG88, +1 (Usually Baze, unfortunately), which were great long ago ... before Chirrut and Rex really took off)

I would like to think that there is a combo that includes Palp, DT, DN, Talzin, Chaze, Dooku, Asajj, Daka, Boba somehow.

Talzin making debuffs undispellable, plus DN and Boba is a clear fit. Heck that could even work under an IG88 lead, adding a Vader in there maybe... other than the lack of tank.

Talzin on the counterattack squad with Gar might also have potential ... not because Talzin will counterattack, but because the speed down from Fives and Gar, and the Shock and Stuns from Dooku, won't be dispellable.

Talzin might even work on a BH squad, since the thermal dets can't be dispelled, which was they bane of that squad's existence.

Any suggestions? Keep in mind that this is an alt account, and I don't farm the latest and greatest stuff on it. No R2, no Luke, no Thrawn... that sort of thing. There will not be a #1 arena squad in my roster, but any suggestions for something new and different would be appreciated.

https://swgoh.gg/u/queueqcue/collection/

Cheers everyone!

Replies

• Love what you are doing...keep it up. I would think any Mama T team needs at least one Night sister...so Asajj or Daka would fill that role I think
  • Talzin, Asajj, Daka, Zombie +1. Could be Trawn, Nihilus, Kenobi, CLS or even Boba or DT.
  • I’m gonna run no other nightsisters, she looks like a plug and play toon. Gonna run thrawn l shore Old Ben nih and mama T
  • I was thinking of possibly using talzin lead with nightsister zombie thrawn CLS and perhaps rex or Death Trooper. Talzin keeping Zombie alive and no kenobi so they only get to attack zombie while everyone else goes to work
  • Sith Assassin and Savage (can ignore protection) and Anakin and Sidious (TM gain on death) seem like characters that will have great synergy here. Boba could be a nice pairing. Ability block that can't be cleansed and a revive mechanic.
  • christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Lol "they don't work without a tank", comment is only true pre rework. I have always run an all ns team subbed st Han for acolyte. They are all gl11 Asajj gl 12. I run them now without a tank and I do very well.

IMHO talzin in a non ns team is silly. She can still plague but it won't be as often because the other ns add stacks. Her spirit blade only would be her attacking, where in an ns team you get all 5, and you do not rez anyone. And her lead would be pointless. She would be marginal at best in non ns.
    Post edited by christopher152003 on
  • I see only two interesting synergies, Siths (Savage & assassin/trooper for a health only damaging team) and Director Krennic (irresistible ability block on debuffed enemies).
  • I think it will help DN and Palp out. Can't get rid of shock, and guarantees CD increases.
  • Just uploaded this video showcasing Mother Talzin . Hope it give you some ideas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZXAjY1M6q8&feature=youtu.be
  • SirLoki wrote: »
    Just uploaded this video showcasing Mother Talzin . Hope it give you some ideas

Thanks Loki awesome vid like usual