Current best Resistance Team?

Atlas1
1713 posts Member
Best 5 for:

Arena
GW
HAAT

and why? I’m building up my Resistance team and am looking for advice. Who to gear first, etc.

Replies

• Darth_cowboy
    1139 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Gw - Poe Finn rt rp bb8 same for raid also tb
    Arena my guess is Poe Finn rt bb8 r2

Bb8 doesn't need much to be effective G8
    Finn needs his zeta
    Zinn Poe rt are the main drive of any res team
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Zfinn poe and res trooper are the absolute musts. I like r2 but for tb some like save him for rebel squad. For GW i use those 4 and usually rey but honestly doesnt really matter who 5th is... For TB bb8 might be better. Arena is lot more tricky and i cant really help you there...its virtually non existent on my shard.
  • Gw - Poe Finn rt rp bb8 same for raid also tb
    Arena my guess is Poe Finn rt bb8 r2

Yup. This is correct. For GW, TB, and Raids you can run a very undergeared squad that you mentioned.

R2 adds a lot for arena but as usual, they will not hold well on defense.
  • I use the core three, plus zR2 and zRey in arena. Rey is pretty much required to combat CLS teams, and R2 is great for the additional stun and AoE attack.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Btw, at least for GW, gear isnt even a big issue. I have finn at 9 poe at 10 and rey and trooper at 8. I still regularly destroy g12 luke teams before they even get a turn. You do want some hp on poe in case enemy gets a turn, but the zeta on finn and the trio of finn poe and trooper are the biggest things.

And speed and potency on poe (r2 helps with potency). I usually put them in on node 1 to build tm then dont use them again until node 12.
  • Not running them in Arena.

TB is easy as pie with zFinn, Poe, R-Trooper, BB-8, and I like Rey because her triple attack is ready every time she gets a turn.

GW, also pretty simple with... zFinn, Poe, R-Trooper, zzR2, and I like to put in zHan Solo because, well because he's freakin' amazing. The best thing about having R2 is that he can stealth to give Poe Foresight. @CCyrilS 's comment about making sure Poe has some health/protection is good advice, because if the enemy get any kind of opportunity to attack, it usually means Poe is smashed.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I dont have zeta on han, but i do use thrawn occasionally. Or shore vs the rare team that gets a few turns.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Thanks guys! I’ve got zFinn at G10, Poe and RT at G9. Would you recommend any higher gear levels on the core 3? My Rey is G11 and BB8 is G8 so I’ll throw them in on GW and TB and see how they fare.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    For gw and tb you should be gold with decent mods.
  • GW : Zeta Finn, Poe, ResTrooper and R2-D2. 5th spot is either BB-8(for more damage) or ResPilot(for higher chance of expose).
    Without R2-D2, you will take heavy damage from CLS(ignores taunt) and rebels(50% or more counterattack).
    Gear 8 can make it, but you will need RNG in your favor. Higher gear level makes Resistance team more stable and fail-safe.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Here is the best from a lot of experimiteting with them...

Arena- Finn (L), Poe, RT, R2, Zid

GW- Finn (L), Poe, RT, R2, RP

HAAT- Finn (L), Poe, RT, RP, BB8
  • Atlas1 wrote: »
    Thanks guys! I’ve got zFinn at G10, Poe and RT at G9. Would you recommend any higher gear levels on the core 3? My Rey is G11 and BB8 is G8 so I’ll throw them in on GW and TB and see how they fare.
    G9 and G10 for core 3 seems enough. I've got Finn G8, Poe G10, RT G9 and with R2 G11 and BB G8 they work great in GW and TB.
    RP, with her expose, or R2, with Light Side's best support, would work better than Rey IMO. All not-zeta-ed Rey can do is to hit hard, and expose and Illuminated Destiny will give you enough dps excluding Rey.
  • I use zfin, Poe with crazy speed mods, resistance trooper, zzr2d2 and zbb8z. I average around 30-40 in arena.
    Bb8 is good as it gives 16% turn meter to r2 and itself allowing r2 to either smokescreen or stun before Poe goes. Plus the potency buff helps
  • Arena I would use zFinn, RT, Poe, R2 num crunch (other zeta doesn't matter...daze, shock would be the debuffs worth cleansing from res and they aren't meta debuffs right now), and zHan. If your Poe is the fastest char, that team can take out every top meta squad on offense. Even if Poe isn't fastest you have a great shot.

Leave out Rey and R2 and you have a squad that can solo p4 HAAT with laughable ease (tank enrage counter sitting at 8 or 9, most prot still on your chars....)

TB squad doesn't matter....the expose train is going to run as long as the core three are there with decent potency. Don't waste r2 who is more valuable with a rebel squad. I usually leave r2 and Rey on the bench and take 5 exposers into battle. BB8 made TB a joke for res.

For GW, I leave out Rey and BB8 and use the squad for every node. I used to TM load some other squads, but I think the cumulative prot gain from zR2 is more valuable and I have never needed TM-loaded secondary squads to clear a table with res (I have tossed in rebels or empire just to soften up a nasty node a time or two, but they did more than enough work without needing preloading). The only trick is to make sure you are well loaded heading into nodes 11 and 12.