S&S Bonus Tier **Minimum Requirements**

Prev13
Made it through on my first try with this setup. Just going to give some tips for the bonus tier (mainly Sid and Nihilus).

- Health/Protection should be about 28k or more (one toon can have slightly less), when combined (P4 Sidious will clear your team without this).
- Speed on every hero should be 170+ (less if you have more Health/Protection/Damage).
- Have every ability off CD at P4. You will need Stagger to slow Sidious, Protection Up to combat bad RNG (Sid crits), and Hera's Unique Buff to keep your squishiest toon from biting it too early. I used my fastest toon, Ezra, to spam the Event Unique Ability when when fighting Sid and Nihilus. I also spread protection up to everyone who didn't have Hera's Buff to survive a crit in P4.
- You can do it with G8 toons. Anything less would be pretty tough. I managed with all G8s and a G7 Ezra.

I1aQeVw.jpg
SpKIXP5.jpg
MsqW1aY.jpg
utrUR9R.jpg
z2o5kKR.jpg

Hope this helps! Good luck on your journeys. Sorry I didn't make a video. Will consider doing one tomorrow ;)

Replies

• How are you guys doing? He seems impossible to beat. His AOE wipes out my entire PS squad on his second try. I try stunning but for some reason he seems to cleanse any daze I have on him in less than a turn.
  • Agree on everything but the speed requirement. I did it with 128 153 156 161 189, Kanan slowest Sabine fastest. But the rest of your strategy was exactly what I did too.
  • Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad that you were able to do it with less speed on your toons. Were the Health and Protection stats about the same? I tried to make a little wiggle room in my assessment, so that people could adjust Speed to Survivability/Damage ratio accordingly @EventineElessedil.
  • Funny event! 4th battle one blow from palp takes out your whole team! Really ea....
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad that you were able to do it with less speed on your toons. Were the Health and Protection stats about the same? I tried to make a little wiggle room in my assessment, so that people could adjust Speed to Survivability/Damage ratio accordingly @EventineElessedil.

Just checked, I had Sabine lowest at 20k H&P, Hera 24.4k, up to Kanan at 36k. Sabine could not withstand Sid's vicious AOE without backup plan OR stacking protection buffs on her, but the rest were ok. Hera barely survived without protection buff. So I think your numbers are spot on.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Really solid community ideas for a difficult challenge, nice thread for helping others see a different path to sucess!

Love to see any nightsister version or success stories too!
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Thanks @Vampire_X, I'll try to see if I can track down an NS squad to get those requirements down too ;)
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    For reference ... These are my Phoenix guys that did the job. Pafham2.png
    Have not remodded, you can check them out at swgoh.gg https://swgoh.gg/u/eventine/collection/?f=phoenix
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    Really solid community ideas for a difficult challenge, nice thread for helping others see a different path to sucess!

Love to see any nightsister version or success stories too!
    I wish I could give you a NS success story, but my girls could not get past Sid Vicious!
    Post edited by EventineElessedil on
  • Kanan landing offence down on Sidious also seems to help to beat him. If you're running Phoenix with Sabine and zeb timing their stagger properly is critical
  • You can substitute talia in if you want another character that can apply stagger
  • Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    @ExarTheKun @Vampire_X

I completed the bonus tier with fairly low geared nightsisters - Daka and NSA at g10, Talia and Asajj at g9 and NSI at g8 (all at level 85). None of them except Daka have any omegas (and no zetas). They all had 5* mods but not great ones - no real speed other than the +30 speed arrows. I did give Assaj some good Crit Damage mods though, so she was hitting hard by the end of the battles.

I had a few attempts and most times Sid would destroy them all in wave 4. However, sometimes he doesn't crit or maybe there is a dodge and some of the team survive (so you need rng but it will happen with a few attempts). If Daka survives she can then resurrect everyone. Use Talia's special to stagger, and also with Assaj lead there is a 25% chance (50% with zeta) to remove turn meter which helps. Once his protection is gone, Sid dies real quick.

Once past Sid, the rest is easy until you get to Nihilus. I used the event special to taunt and let Nihilus annihilate anyone but Daka. The defeated sister can then be resurrected by Daka (DN doesn't seem to have his ability maxed, so resurrects are possible). Then it is just a few turns to grind him down.

• Thanks for the additional info everyone! Hope everyone who needs this guide is able to find it :)
  • Just cracked it with g8 Phoenix(Sabine) and ok mods, not even Arena. If you get past Sidious with 5 toons, the battle is won. DN isn't as much of a threat as him.
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Made it through on my first try with this setup. Just going to give some tips for the bonus tier (mainly Sid and Nihilus).

- Health/Protection should be about 28k or more (one toon can have slightly less), when combined (P4 Sidious will clear your team without this).
    - Speed on every hero should be 170+ (less if you have more Health/Protection/Damage).
    - Have every ability off CD at P4. You will need Stagger to slow Sidious, Protection Up to combat bad RNG (Sid crits), and Hera's Unique Buff to keep your squishiest toon from biting it too early. I used my fastest toon, Ezra, to spam the Event Unique Ability when when fighting Sid and Nihilus. I also spread protection up to everyone who didn't have Hera's Buff to survive a crit in P4.
    - You can do it with G8 toons. Anything less would be pretty tough. I managed with all G8s and a G7 Ezra.

I1aQeVw.jpg
    SpKIXP5.jpg
    MsqW1aY.jpg
    utrUR9R.jpg
    z2o5kKR.jpg

Hope this helps! Good luck on your journeys. Sorry I didn't make a video. Will consider doing one tomorrow ;)

Idk I've got bad luck my team make up is the same with more protection and health and stacked mods and gear 10 and I can't touch p4 he kills two on first hit every time with event buff
  • Sneekypete wrote: »
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

I1aQeVw.jpg
    SpKIXP5.jpg
    MsqW1aY.jpg
    utrUR9R.jpg
    z2o5kKR.jpg

Idk I've got bad luck my team make up is the same with more protection and health and stacked mods and gear 10 and I can't touch p4 he kills two on first hit every time with event buff

Try spreading around protection up from Zeb and Kanan before he AOEs. Also, make sure your squishiest toon has Heras Buff so they just come back.

Sids turn order should be AoE, Basic, AoE, Basic. Stagger him after his AoE to buy time for Ezra to take him down a bit. Then use Zebs protection up as close to his next AoE as possible. Kanans Offense Down helps minimize Sids damage as someone else brought up. I called Kana for assists whenever Sid wasn't debuffed woth Offense Down. Hope this helps!
  • Keep bonus protection up against Sidious, that was the only way my toons could survive his AOE two times.

Against DN taunt with Chopper and Zeb

I have Ezra G11, the other toons are G7/G8
  • I found using Zeb was better than Sabine. I would also try to go into phase 8 with high TM on Hera and someone else. Use her as res buff and the event taunt.
  • I failed repeatedly with g8/7 Phoenix, and then tried without Kanan and got through it no problem. Choppers health gain is great. For reference, my Sabine was g7, rest at g8. All uniques with omegas. Sabine and Zeb were modded with around +70 speed, the rest around +60. Figures I'd want to get the staggers to refresh as fast as possible.

I think I got lucky, too, with Chopper probably reducing cooldown on Sabine or Zeb during the Sidious match, but I am not sure.
  • G11 Ezra, g8 Hera/chopper, g7 zeb, Kanan.

Offense down neuters his AOE quite a bit.

Ezra/chopper had ~+70 speed, rest were total junk. It as fun figuring it out but now I think I could pass it 8/10 times so far from impossible even with a mediocre team.
  • Mine are g9/g10, and I can’t make a dent in Sidious. He wipes them out.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    Mine are g9/g10, and I can’t make a dent in Sidious. He wipes them out.

Make sure you mod to get them a little extra protection and speed. Stick to the strategy in this thread (from everyone) and you will get through it ;)
  • Greenmojo
    214 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    For wave 4 against Sid I used my first assist attack to call in kanan to stick offense down on Sid.
    Helped me survive the first attack from him.
    After that it was fairly easy to clear that.
    I prioritise calling hera with Ezra for expose and called in Ezra with hera since my Ezra is g11.

I have kitten speed on my guys but protection on arrow mod for Hera since she was a little squishy

Using this tactics guild members of mine cleared it with g8 guys only including Ezra.
    No Sabine is needed.
    But omega on all unique is important
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Is Dn's annilate supposed to be on cool down at the start of wave 8?
  • DaveB wrote: »
    Is Dn's annilate supposed to be on cool down at the start of wave 8?
    in my case , DN used it very early killing hera but i still cleared with 4 toons for T3.
  • Seems without zeb's stagger, it's not possible to control DN before he annilates everyone. Every time I get there, Zeb gets taken out first.
  • Lol I roflstomped it with g11 Hera g10 Kanan g9 Chopper and Sabine and g8 Zeb...

seriously, just gear up your Phoenix already. They're needed for a mission in TB anyways.
  • @ExarTheKun just wanted to say a HUGE thank you for posting the strategy and stats of each toon!! Just made it with all g8 and Ezra g10. After my first couple runs before I read this post I thought it was impossible. Remodded according to this and got it on my second try. Very grateful for the tips.
  • Sidious absolutely refuses to be stunned when I tried the refreshed Tier 2 this morning. Moreover, any debuffs would disappear almost as soon as they get applied.
  • Sidious absolutely refuses to be stunned when I tried the refreshed Tier 2 this morning. Moreover, any debuffs would disappear almost as soon as they get applied.

Sidious is clearing all debuffs as soon as they are applied.