Best Team to Counter MT?

Prev1
MoBlaq
582 posts Member
edited October 2017
My guess is Sith under DN lead. Anyone else have any thoughts on what team will be the Nightsisters hard counter?

Replies

• msb14
    301 posts Member
    Veers led Imperial Troopers. Bonuses every time one of the nightsisters dies again after being revived to attack.
  • Zarris seems like she would be a hard counter. Plague takes away health, but whey they attack, it hurts protection, and on a crit, she heals, taking away plague.
  • The counter to the current meta, is the current meta. The counter to Nightsisters, is the current meta.

I wish I was joking.
  • Do you really want night sisters to be meta or some actual iconic star wars characters? I'm gonna go with iconic star wars characters. I'll keep cls r2 gk etc. over some witches ghosts and zombies.
  • Do you really want night sisters to be meta or some actual iconic star wars characters? I'm gonna go with iconic star wars characters. I'll keep cls r2 gk etc. over some witches ghosts and zombies.

Chirrut and Baze says "Hi"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to strategy section
  • Winstar wrote: »
    Do you really want night sisters to be meta or some actual iconic star wars characters? I'm gonna go with iconic star wars characters. I'll keep cls r2 gk etc. over some witches ghosts and zombies.

Well.... chirrut and baze aren't meta anymore
  • Winstar wrote: »
    Do you really want night sisters to be meta or some actual iconic star wars characters? I'm gonna go with iconic star wars characters. I'll keep cls r2 gk etc. over some witches ghosts and zombies.

Well.... chirrut and baze aren't meta anymore

They're certainly not irrelevant, either. I fiddled around with combinations of zFulcrum, Leia, zHan, among other things, and none of them have been as reliable as CLS R2 Chaze Han. Some of the others (like the meta CLS R2 Han Thrawn GK squad) are solid squads, but it's the same a-few-plug-and-play-toons-makes-your-squad-great deal

I'd rather see a meta variety then the same 5-7 toon squads.
  • Drakula lead, Alpha Werewolf, Frankenstein, Freddie, and Casper the friendly ghost.

+1

Agree. CLS / GK / R2 in the lore I love; in SWGoH though I'm just so sick of seeing these same characters everywhere. Between arena and Galactic War it makes the game so monotonous.
  • Only one squad with MT on my shard right now, and it is basically the meta squad with MT instead of Thrawn. So not quite sure why you think meta is changing. He was experimenting with CLS lead, but just changed to GK lead with:
    GK (l), MT, Old Ben, Zarriss, R2.

It's basically hide the mama. Pretty sure you can sub out Ben and Zarriss for Chaze. It won't be quite as strong, but will probably work too. He posted a video of it on offense: he can just auto vs one of the strongest meta squads on the shard, because it's completely **** proof: do nothing while talzin hides behind a wall of unkillable tanks and plague murders the opponent. I think it'll take Nihilus and Zarriss to beat it. So meta hasn't moved an inch.
  • AndySCovell
    770 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    People that don't want to get the Nightsisters don't have to get them. Simple
  • Rex and be faster. Plague can’t be evaded or dispelled, but it can be resisted.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • MoBlaq wrote: »
    My guess is Sith under DN lead. Anyone else have any thoughts on what team will be the Nightsisters hard counter?

Plague does percent health, so that would actually be a bad idea. You just double or tripled the damage plague does.
  • Boba probably will be really good can avoid taunt and execute Mt with her out of the way it should get a lot easier.
  • The counter to the current meta, is the current meta. The counter to Nightsisters, is the current meta.

I wish I was joking.

Agree 100%
  • Oh god, GK + Zariss is horrible - throw DN and another tank in there and it's the least fun thing you encounter in this game - and now it's everywhere. Played a game with one death total (and that was from annihilate) before it was a draw. Soooooo boring and not fun.
  • MoBlaq wrote: »

Plague does percent health, so that would actually be a bad idea. You just double or tripled the damage plague does.

But once you do damage you can heal back up and remove it

• Droids. All the AoE will demolish them. Good luck taking out that nightsister tank without a lot of AoE - whenever she dies, she revives at full health if there is even one nightsister alive and auto taunts at the start of every turn for one turn.

Oh and I just had to chuckle: META variety is an oxymoron. META means the most effective tactic available. When people started talking about the META initially they were referring to how EVERYONE uses one team. People who didn't understand the terminology took it to mean common in arena... it doesn't

If you have variety, you don't have a META. It's either or.
  • I don't care who's the meta as long as they're not ftp toons. Paywalled toons should be OP.
  • I don't care who's the meta as long as they're not ftp toons. Paywalled toons should be OP.

Difficulty to obtain should be the deciding factor. There's no such thing as paywalled toons except for the first 3 months they exist. I can guarantee you that the META is not going to start revolving around only the latest characters to come out. So yeah, it won't be as you've stated, and that's as it should be.

• Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Winstar wrote: »

Nope... even with crappy nightsisters

Pretty awful match but still they pulled it out...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vx2_Gx2Q81o
  • I suspect a ROLO led rebel team would cruise through NS with ease.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I’ve only fought a 7* g12 Talzin twice so far, but both times, I was able to fracture and then kill her before she was able to take a turn.
  • Tactyou wrote: »
    Drakula lead, Alpha Werewolf, Frankenstein, Freddie, and Casper the friendly ghost.

That squad gets wrecked by CLS's "Wolfman Has Gnards" Zeta skill though. Sorry, CLS is still meta.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    I’ve only fought a 7* g12 Talzin twice so far, but both times, I was able to fracture and then kill her before she was able to take a turn.

Was your Thrawn simply going before Talzin? If so, it means you were modded better, because Talzin (under her lead), is faster than Thrawn. With equal mods you will need help to get Thrawn to move before Talzin. You can use CLS to remove her TM, but that means not removing Zombies Taunt and applying buff immunity once she comes out. Han can stun, but Acolyte can remove that immediately if they are running her.

My point is yes, fracturing s character can be a counter for literally anyone. But that might be easier said than done on a good NS team.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »

Was your Thrawn simply going before Talzin? If so, it means you were modded better, because Talzin (under her lead), is faster than Thrawn. With equal mods you will need help to get Thrawn to move before Talzin. You can use CLS to remove her TM, but that means not removing Zombies Taunt and applying buff immunity once she comes out. Han can stun, but Acolyte can remove that immediately if they are running her.

My point is yes, fracturing s character can be a counter for literally anyone. But that might be easier said than done on a good NS team.

+1 this is a bad representation of a ns squad night sister acolyte is a must from what I've seen. This is a poorly out together nightsister squad that doesn't make any sense.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    My current plan is:

Zader, Thrawn, DN, Shore, Zarriss.

Can't beat them? Join them. You have unremovable plague? I have unremovable dots. And enough healing to remove your plague.

There's annihilate in there to prevent constant revives, and fracture to deal with the kitten zombie. It's theorycraft so far (because there's no zombie out there) and of course, this team gets destroyed by the rebel meta. But gonna be quite an interesting rock-paper-scissors.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on