Stormtrooper's zeta

I've had Stormtrooper's zeta equipped for a few weeks now and can confidently say it may be the worst in the game. I think the rework for him was incredible but the zeta falls flat. Here's what I'd like to see instead of his current one:

Create a new tag similar to Imperial Troopers, but for Imperial Officers. These would be; Krennic, Tarkin, Veers, Thrawn, Vader, & Palps.
The zeta ability is: Stormtrooper revives with full health and cannot be defeated while any Imperial Officer ally is alive.

This could also be added as a 2nd unique and a second zeta if it's easier. It would reflect the sheer numbers of the Empire and I believe would be very fitting.

Let me know your thoughts below.

Replies

• zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    totally agree about his zeta being useless, if it increases the lower edge of his damage variance it would be OK, I have him zeta'ed and sometimes he does a 2k crits with 3 dead imperials!
    a zeta upgrade should make a difference!

edit: I like your idea btw
  • Options
    Loved the idea :)
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Options
    this should apply to first order Stormtrooper as well. Kylo, Phasma, FO Officer having officer tags similar to what you suggest for Imperials.

Clone Sgt, Echo has Fives should also get this treatment since Cody and Rex are officers.
  • Options
    I really like this idea but I think it will make him too powerful.they would need to give him lower health/hp and change his def unique at least imo but im all for that, would make imperial troopers even better ( one of my favorite squads)
  • Options
    As someone who has every Empire Zeta EXCEPT Storm's and Gar Saxon's I must agree.

If they made a change to it like you suggest I would be willing to give him his Zeta.

As it stands now it is all but useless.

It would also be nice if his cooldowns were refreshed anytime an Empire ally bites the dust.
  • Options
    I think the devs could do an Imperial High Command tag. It would have the same characters. I think this was kind of eluded to in the tarkin rework pack.
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • Options
    I've had Stormtrooper's zeta equipped for a few weeks now and can confidently say it may be the worst in the game. I think the rework for him was incredible but the zeta falls flat. Here's what I'd like to see instead of his current one:

Create a new tag similar to Imperial Troopers, but for Imperial Officers. These would be; Krennic, Tarkin, Veers, Thrawn, Vader, & Palps.
    The zeta ability is: Stormtrooper revives with full health and cannot be defeated while any Imperial Officer ally is alive.

This could also be added as a 2nd unique and a second zeta if it's easier. It would reflect the sheer numbers of the Empire and I believe would be very fitting.

Let me know your thoughts below.

Revivie with 60% health, good but not too good
  • Options
    this should apply to first order Stormtrooper as well. Kylo, Phasma, FO Officer having officer tags similar to what you suggest for Imperials.

Clone Sgt, Echo has Fives should also get this treatment since Cody and Rex are officers.

Hold on there Satan. A Fives that can't be defeated is terrifying.
  • Gawejn
    1106 posts Member
    Options
    Revive for Stormtrooper would be excellent. I would add to this speed up for all team and protection up 40%. Or heal to full health for all team
  • Options
    I've been mulling this over for a bit and in order to properly differentiate from NS zombie, I bet it would be beneficial but still true to the intent of Stormtroopers if the zeta took a slightly different direction. It obviously still promulgates the idea that stormtroopers clustered together in large squads but gives him a decidedly more offensive focus.

"Stormtrooper gains 40% Defense for each living Empire ally. When Stormtrooper uses a Basic ability during its turn, all defeated imperial trooper allies are Revived with 50% Health and called to assist, dealing 40% less damage. Then the Revived allies are immediately defeated.

While Stormtrooper is active, Imperial Trooper allies have +30% Defense."
  • Options
    I think Storms zeta should have all imperial troopers apply expose on a non crit. That would be enough of a boost.
  • Options
    You....

Put a zeta.....

On stormtrooper.....

Ballsy-er than the dude who zetad pao.
  • Options
    Jermunji wrote: »
    I've been mulling this over for a bit and in order to properly differentiate from NS zombie, I bet it would be beneficial but still true to the intent of Stormtroopers if the zeta took a slightly different direction. It obviously still promulgates the idea that stormtroopers clustered together in large squads but gives him a decidedly more offensive focus.

"Stormtrooper gains 40% Defense for each living Empire ally. When Stormtrooper uses a Basic ability during its turn, all defeated imperial trooper allies are Revived with 50% Health and called to assist, dealing 40% less damage. Then the Revived allies are immediately defeated.

I think to better illustrate the "wall of stormtroopers" instead of reviving everyone for a shot, making it a poor man's Talzin, how about
    "Stormtrooper attacks again for every missing ally" to simulate extra stormtroopers taking up positions of fallen allies.
  • Options
    Whoa... it's a stormtrooper not a nightsister... theres no revives dudes.

If anything stormtrooper zeta should give his basic attack a 50% chance to completely miss the target and hit a random enemy for quadruple damage.
  • Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Whoa... it's a stormtrooper not a nightsister... theres no revives dudes.

If anything stormtrooper zeta should give his basic attack a 50% chance to completely miss the target and hit a random enemy for quadruple damage.

Genius
  • Options
    Yea any taunting tank that needs his allies to die for his zeta to work is no good. Love the idea. Also storm is a beast now - I run him with veers shore snow and dt and it’s a lot of fun.
  • Options
    Jermunji wrote: »

I think to better illustrate the "wall of stormtroopers" instead of reviving everyone for a shot, making it a poor man's Talzin, how about
    "Stormtrooper attacks again for every missing ally" to simulate extra stormtroopers taking up positions
  • Options
    That would be awesome, his zeta its worthless, but l doubt that CG change his zeta as they hate anything that is not a Rebel