event experience

leef
13458 posts Member
Couple things i've noticed when it comes to events.
  • If there aren't alot of complaints about the difficulty, the event isn't fun to play for me.
  • Events are the most fun when the majority of the toons used are g8.
To clarify, i don't get off on clearing events that others can't and complain about, but it's just way too easy if no one is struggling, even when using only g8 toons myself. I chose those words because one could argue that complaining is negative feedback, and when there's alot of negative feedback one could argue that there's something wrong that needs to be changed. When it comes to the difficulty for events though, the amount of complaints is usually a good indication of how much fun i'll have trying to clear the event. The more complaints, the more fun. Please note that i'm only talking about the difficulty of the event itself, not the requirements necessary to participate.
I also noticed that I enjoy events that i'm not particulary well prepared for more than the events i've got good teams for. Gear tier 8/9 really seems to be the sweet spot, challenging but doable.
I'm well aware that it would suck for alot of players (myself included for alot of factions) if events required 5*g10+ toons to even have a chance of winning, so you won't see me asking for super hard events. It's still more enjoyable to be overprepared and play a rather boring event than not being able to clear the event at all. Realizing how boring most, if not all, of these events must be for whales puts things in a different perspective though, afterall because of their spending i can play for free. Food for thought.
Save water, drink champagne!

Replies