Does qgj compete with poggle?

I normally use phasma (L), lumi, ig86, poggle, and poe. Today i switched qgj as leader in for phasma. With qgj's offense up on buff removal, does he compete with poggle for a spot? The offense up fro qgj will come on everyone's second turn because i use harmonious assault first. Anyone have tips on which two of the three i should keep between poggle 5*, qgj 5* or phasma 6*?
Thanks

Replies

• I would return to Phasma as leader. QGJs buff only applies to Jedi, and three of your characters aren't Jedi. Anyways, I replaced my Poggle with QGJ. You may want to star QGJ up first, because at a low level he may die before using his offense up buff. However, once he is starred and geared up he is simply better than Poggle because he provides offense up and his other special deals extreme damage.
  • I would return to Phasma as leader. QGJs buff only applies to Jedi, and three of your characters aren't Jedi. Anyways, I replaced my Poggle with QGJ. You may want to star QGJ up first, because at a low level he may die before using his offense up buff. However, once he is starred and geared up he is simply better than Poggle because he provides offense up and his other special deals extreme damage.

Since only poe and poggle go before phasma, if i want to use victory march, it doesnt give lumi and ig86 turn meter since they are already full. If i dont use victory march, then phasma has a weak attack, maybe 2k with offense up instead of a minimum of 5k with advantage and up to 7-8k crit. She is very strong with advantage and offense up but she cant get full use when only half the team gets turn meter.
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I thought they'd compete but actually work well together with QGJ lead and Lumi on the team. QGJ and another fast character (Sid, GS, Rey) can burst down most threats before they get a turn. Then Poggle goes offense up and Lumi is one point of speed behind Poggle, so she gets a massive amount of damage in and ability blocks the enemy Lumi or whoever. Even if there is an enemy Poe, QGJ isn't guaranteed to get offense up, and he hits way harder with his third skill if its already buffed. Finally, QGJ usually goes down pretty quick and often won't make it to the 2nd round of combat to use his buff.

I'm not saying it's the absolute best, but I've done well with the pair of them, and will replace Sid and possibly Poe before I get rid of Poggle
  • QGJ lead is only good is you have something REALLY beneficial to some1 else next to him, maybe it be Yoda or Old Ben.

Otherwise Phasma is still a very viable lead option
  • I'm in that confliction as well. Poggle though offense up in 1st round & lasts for 3. QJG you have to wait till the other team has something to dispel & then land it.
    QJG attack power is much better & leadership ability to move fast with Lumi / Yoda or whatever Jedi used.
    I'm replacing my Poggle with QJG soon
  • I don't agree with Johnny. QGJ can be a good lead just by having a team of good hitters. He becomes a way better GS. His attack might not be as high, but he goes sooner, strips buffs, and Offense ups. I like pairing him with GS, Dooku, and Daka Tons of fast damage and stuns.

If all you care about is the buffing. I would say that you have to analyze the team you are going up against before you decide between QGJ and Poggle. If it's a Poe or Phasma team, then definitely swap them out. If it is a team that uses more debuffs and less buffs then Poggle would be better.
  • "Qui-Gon was the key to everything."
    -Hego Damask