Wicket/Talzin farming...I don't understand the complaints.

Prev1345
When an event like CLS rolls around that some people couldn't get right now and didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars, other people who got him said pretty much pony up some cash or shut your mouth you aren't entitled to everything soon as its released.

Now let's move on to Wicket and Talzin. If you haven't spent a ton of money, you won't be getting them for a while. Now those same players telling others pony up some cash or shut your mouth you aren't entitled to everything soon as its released are complaining "OMG ITS GOING TO TAKE ME 2 YEARS TO GET TALZIN!!!?"

Huh? What's the big deal? Remember...you aren't entitled to everything soon as its release. You can cut your farm in half by buying a refresh on the event once a month with crystals you get in game for free, and you can further reduce it from there by simply buying some packs for cash/crystals. You can cut it down to less than 6 months. Pony up some cash or wait and pay your dues...you guys aren't entitled to everything as soon as its released.

6 months, some crystals, maybe a small amount of money if all you buy is the 9.99 pack for 25 shards, and you can have a 7 star Talzin. This is a ton less painful than the CLS farm for a new player. All you need to start the farm is 5 NS, 4 of which will probably end up in your MT team...and you can use MT even before she is 7 star. CLS on the other hand...you have to farm out 5 empire for R2, 4 additional ANH toons, and wait for R2 then CLS event in that order...if you miss R2 going forward you may very well miss the next CLS, have to wait for another R2...then another CLS...and you can't even unlock CLS if he isn't 7 star.

More or less people who have bigger rosters just because they have happened to been playing the game longer don't have a huge advantage over newer players when it comes to acquiring Wicket/Talzin. Even if a newer player misses his 10 shards, next event he's only 10 shards behind as long as he's ready to go from that point on, where as with all other character events, they'd probably have to wait 6 months+. Plenty of people have been getting rocked by CLS for the last few months with no chance to get him, and for many of those who got him, again it was "you aren't entitled." This time around...everyone has to wait and farm for 6 months+, and what do we end up with? Lot's of pots calling kettles black.

Replies

• Get out of here with your well thought out post. There is no place for this on the forums.

Really though. Realize hundreds of thousands of people play the game. You're seeing the complains from a fraction of the people who play.

Don't let the lack of perspective of these people get you down. Most people get the point. I'm sure the developers get it, will never make everyone happy.
  • While I agree with the spirit of your post, I think the big complaint is about the 'change in release cadence' that no one was expecting and that cadence being extremely long and all/most of us being very impatient.

Everyone knows now that with Gear 12 out there, any toon that can't be gotten to 7* relatively quickly will be a detriment. IMO Wickets skills don't seem to make him worth the long farm (I could be wrong but I just don't see it). MT is definitely worth it, but by the time anyone other than a whale can get her to 7* she may well be outclassed. Remember how when Vader became farmable and everyone had him at 7*, it was like what a month later that he was an also ran, then he got his zeta and was back for another month.

We all want her now (nothing wrong with wanting, but need to understand that's not how these games work) and most are scared/worried that if we don't get her now, by the time we do she won't be that good anymore (remember the nerfs of Bariss, Yoda, Bariss again) spending that much time (and possibly crystals if you are doing the refresh) to possibly end up with a watered down version isn't fun. I long farmed Rey just in time for her to be no longer meta, then Finn's zeta brought the Res back to life. I long farmed RT, RP, FOST and FOTP and thought they were all a waste when I finally got them to 7*, now I have a nice shiny 7* BB-8 and a GW team that barely gets hit, but that was for a 'major' faction. NS will probably never be major so people aren't sure if the long farm is worth it.

rambling over
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • niko2018
    171 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Is more or less when you compare to a single 16 energy hard node farm like baze, DN... and don’t do refreshes of the node, it take 6~7 months, than it became a problem
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Entitled to something as soon as it's released versus 2 year drip farm are miles apart in comparison. There's nothing wrong with a happy medium.

Nice rant though. Good to see you're not at all bitter about CLS and the forum reaction to it.

• JaggedJ wrote: »
    Entitled to something as soon as it's released versus 2 year drip farm are miles apart in comparison. There's nothing wrong with a happy medium.

Nice rant though. Good to see you're not at all bitter about CLS and the forum reaction to it.

2 years is also a speculation. Nobody has any idea if they will make Talzin and Wicket farmable in the next 6 months or a year.

• Everyone knows now that with Gear 12 out there, any toon that can't be gotten to 7* relatively quickly will be a detriment. IMO Wickets skills don't seem to make him worth the long farm (I could be wrong but I just don't see it). MT is definitely worth it, but by the time anyone other than a whale can get her to 7* she may well be outclassed.

Which makes them no different than any other character that requires farming out a specific squad to unlock. You might miss a few cycles of an event before you 7 star a character...at which point, said character may very well not be all that useful anymore. Take for example, Grandmaster Yoda. I've had mine 7 starred for months now and he's still level 1 with no gear and not very useful anymore.

If anything at least there will be a consolation prize waiting for NS/Ewoks as you can get zetas in the bonus tier each month.
    JaggedJ wrote: »

There is a happy medium. Do a refresh once a month for event and cut that two years in half. Whats a refresh come out to, the equivalent of about 30 crystals a day? You get more crystals from that just for doing dailies...you just have to prioritize.

Want to cut it down more? Spend a little money. Seems fair to me.

Or...just run her less than 7 star. That last 185 shards for the last two stars are like 2/3 of the farm if you already got shards given out from her launch.

There are plenty of happy mediums already...just not if you don't want to prioritize crystals for refreshes and/or spend some money and want to act like the only path forward is the slowest way possible.

I'm not bitter about anything, I've just learned to wait for things in this game. That advice has been given to me by many veteran players. Its no big deal for me if I have to wait 6 months and spend some crystals to get MT to 7 star. I'm just confused why so many people could give out that sage advice when it didn't apply to them, but now that it applies to them, they'd rather complain.
  • While I agree with the op, keep in mind that two years is a long time for a mobile game.
  • Everyone knows now that with Gear 12 out there, any toon that can't be gotten to 7* relatively quickly will be a detriment. IMO Wickets skills don't seem to make him worth the long farm (I could be wrong but I just don't see it). MT is definitely worth it, but by the time anyone other than a whale can get her to 7* she may well be outclassed.

Which makes them no different than any other character that requires farming out a specific squad to unlock. You might miss a few cycles of an event before you 7 star a character...at which point, said character may very well not be all that useful anymore. Take for example, Grandmaster Yoda. I've had mine 7 starred for months now and he's still level 1 with no gear and not very useful anymore.

If anything at least there will be a consolation prize waiting for NS/Ewoks as you can get zetas in the bonus tier each month.

There is a happy medium. Do a refresh once a month for event and cut that two years in half. Whats a refresh come out to, the equivalent of about 30 crystals a day? You get more crystals from that just for doing dailies...you just have to prioritize.

Want to cut it down more? Spend a little money. Seems fair to me.

Or...just run her less than 7 star. That last 185 shards for the last two stars are like 2/3 of the farm if you already got shards given out from her launch.

There are plenty of happy mediums already...just not if you don't want to prioritize crystals for refreshes and/or spend some money and want to act like the only path forward is the slowest way possible.

I'm not bitter about anything, I've just learned to wait for things in this game. That advice has been given to me by many veteran players. Its no big deal for me if I have to wait 6 months and spend some crystals to get MT to 7 star. I'm just confused why so many people could give out that sage advice when it didn't apply to them, but now that it applies to them, they'd rather complain.

Yeah, but you have spent time on a event every month, spent crystals and maybe money to get a 6 months 7* while DN, released in marquee same as MT, and maybe equally powerful too, was put into a hard node after the wait time(which MT also have) and with no crystals and just hitting a sim button every day you get him to 7* in 6~7 months, that is a problems.

Funny how you don’t quote mine in your reply :wink:
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    My biggest complain is that you can have 16 more zeta per month (refresh both stage) when you have them at 7*.

Basically you double the number if Zeta you can have per month :/ and Sith GvG coming this creates a true imbalance and the price of entry is around 5 vaults of crystals.

Worst is you don’t even need these characters for the event :/
  • So everyone who has spent loads of money and even those who have spent any money should be happy. The fact that it roughly takes a year suggests the Devs see this game thriving instead of declining. It phone app years, that’s like 7 dog years
  • I think the biggest problem is how quickly they churn out characters. They release Talzin after just releasing BB8, Han and Chewie. Then they're gonna release Jedi Rey in a couple months to coincide with The Last Jedi. You can't even focus on getting and gearing a character before the next one is out. This leads to a lot of panic farming which I hate. You pretty much have to do that stuff to stay competitive in Arena (when they release really good characters like Thrawn for example).
  • While I agree with the op, keep in mind that two years is a long time for a mobile game.

Its not going to take 2 years for people that prioritize it.

Just for example, between arenas and dailies I probably average about 600 crystals per day. 2 days worth of free crystals a month would be more than enough for me to refresh the event each month cutting the farm time in half right there when the event starts to come back monthly.

Additionally I could use some of my other free crystals to buy the 1299 crystal MT packs. Free crystals alone would get me 14-15 of them this month. If you average 7 per pack, that would be about 100 shards right there...cut 10 months off your farm that way, and who knows you might get lucky(even though its unlikely lol). We'll probably see this pack come around again in the future I'm sure...even if you don't want to go all in on MT right now you can start building up your crystal reserves to have some to burn next time this pack comes up. She's also going to be available in chromiums in the near future...I'm sure people will be getting some this way even though it may not be the most efficient way for someone with a rather filled out roster to get specific shards.

You could also patronize the game and buy the 9.99 pack with 25 shards. 10 bucks isn't an obscene amount of money...and let's be honest...games like this have to make some money. 25 shards cuts another few months off your farm. Actually...the more I think about it, I'll probably buy this pack tonight just because I like this new method of acquiring characters...I'll reward the devs for a job well done.

If you want to spend 0 of your free crystals you get in game and you want to spend 0 dollars to get MT, then yes, it will probably take two years...if you want to prioritize the farm you'll get it much quicker. Isn't that like everything in this game?
  • JaggedJ wrote: »

2 years is also a speculation. Nobody has any idea if they will make Talzin and Wicket farmable in the next 6 months or a year.

Not true, there's a dev quote saying that it is intended to be exactly 10 shards and come around once a month. Everyone was given 75 shards for them so we're looking at 255 /10 25.5 months to farm.

The problem with this time frame is that even under the old 3 sims a day hard nodes, it would have taken roughly 11 months to get Baze to 7*. The devs also stated that we were supposed to acquire these new characters at a pace roughly similar to node farming, and over 2 years vs. less than one is not even close to similar.

• If you want to spend 0 of your free crystals you get in game and you want to spend 0 dollars to get MT, then yes, it will probably take two years...if you want to prioritize the farm you'll get it much quicker. Isn't that like everything in this game?

Still no responds on single hard node free farm only takes 6~7 months?
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    When an event like CLS rolls around that some people couldn't get right now and didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars, other people who got him said pretty much pony up some cash or shut your mouth you aren't entitled to everything soon as its released.

Now let's move on to Wicket and Talzin. If you haven't spent a ton of money, you won't be getting them for a while. Now those same players telling others pony up some cash or shut your mouth you aren't entitled to everything soon as its released are complaining "OMG ITS GOING TO TAKE ME 2 YEARS TO GET TALZIN!!!?"

Huh? What's the big deal? Remember...you aren't entitled to everything soon as its release. You can cut your farm in half by buying a refresh on the event once a month with crystals you get in game for free, and you can further reduce it from there by simply buying some packs for cash/crystals. You can cut it down to less than 6 months. Pony up some cash or wait and pay your dues...you guys aren't entitled to everything as soon as its released.

6 months, some crystals, maybe a small amount of money if all you buy is the 9.99 pack for 25 shards, and you can have a 7 star Talzin. This is a ton less painful than the CLS farm for a new player. All you need to start the farm is 5 NS, 4 of which will probably end up in your MT team...and you can use MT even before she is 7 star. CLS on the other hand...you have to farm out 5 empire for R2, 4 additional ANH toons, and wait for R2 then CLS event in that order...if you miss R2 going forward you may very well miss the next CLS, have to wait for another R2...then another CLS...and you can't even unlock CLS if he isn't 7 star.

More or less people who have bigger rosters just because they have happened to been playing the game longer don't have a huge advantage over newer players when it comes to acquiring Wicket/Talzin. Even if a newer player misses his 10 shards, next event he's only 10 shards behind as long as he's ready to go from that point on, where as with all other character events, they'd probably have to wait 6 months+. Plenty of people have been getting rocked by CLS for the last few months with no chance to get him, and for many of those who got him, again it was "you aren't entitled." This time around...everyone has to wait and farm for 6 months+, and what do we end up with? Lot's of pots calling kettles black.

First. You are way off with your "This is just another entitlement complaint" thinking. It's not remotely the same. An estimate 2 year drip farm, when by the time most finish 20+ toons will be released making this 1 virtually useless, is definitely cause to voice some displeasure at the idea & change to the cadence.

Second. CLS was a breeze in comparison &, even if you factor in most ppl not getting him until the second time around, would be complete long before the current MT time estimates. (And by the way, your CLS bitterness shined thru clearly so slightly hypocritical)

Third. "All you need to farm is the 5 current NS" was the basis for your vs CLS argument. Well, given TB and all the newer cantina farms & the fact that most never bothered with this worthless faction regardless of how long they played means that this is an extreme hassle to say the least. CLS farm on the other hand, even tho it required more toons, was far easier. Most players already had most of the toons needed & maybe needed 3 or 4 toons to complete the CLS event. And those toons all had previous use in the game making gearing & leveling not a complete waste of resources. This is against gearing & leveling the 5 existing NS, 3 of whom you prob won't even use in a NS team after acquiring the newer NS toons.

Fourth. You insinuate that those that have been playing the game longer than newer players shouldn't have an advantage when it comes to legendary toons being released. That reeks of entitlement. Exactly why shouldn't they get an advantage after their investment of time, effort, resources, ect ect...?

I could continue but what's the point? This is another complaint post pretending to be anything but a complaint post... and this is enough to read as it is... but seriously, give me a break... you can't use this analogy to try and dismiss legitimate issues ppl have with this long farm plan. I'll ignore your over simplification of "A few crystals & $9.99 bundle", both of which are the anti ftp...
  • When an event like CLS rolls around that some people couldn't get right now and didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars, other people who got him said pretty much pony up some cash or shut your mouth you aren't entitled to everything soon as its released.

First. You are way off with your "This is just another entitlement complaint" thinking. It's not remotely the same. An estimate 2 year drip farm, when by the time most finish 20+ toons will be released making this 1 virtually useless, is definitely cause to voice some displeasure at the idea & change to the cadence.

Second. CLS was a breeze in comparison &, even if you factor in most ppl not getting him until the second time around, would be complete long before the current MT time estimates. (And by the way, your CLS bitterness shined thru clearly so slightly hypocritical)

Third. "All you need to farm is the 5 current NS" was the basis for your vs CLS argument. Well, given TB and all the newer cantina farms & the fact that most never bothered with this worthless faction regardless of how long they played means that this is an extreme hassle to say the least. CLS farm on the other hand, even tho it required more toons, was far easier. Most players already had most of the toons needed & maybe needed 3 or 4 toons to complete the CLS event. And those toons all had previous use in the game making gearing & leveling not a complete waste of resources. This is against gearing & leveling the 5 existing NS, 3 of whom you prob won't even use in a NS team after acquiring the newer NS toons.

Fourth. You insinuate that those that have been playing the game longer than newer players shouldn't have an advantage when it comes to legendary toons being released. That reeks of entitlement. Exactly why shouldn't they get an advantage after their investment of time, effort, resources, ect ect...?

I could continue but what's the point? This is another complaint post pretending to be anything but a complaint post... and this is enough to read as it is... but seriously, give me a break... you can't use this analogy to try and dismiss legitimate issues ppl have with this long farm plan. I'll ignore your over simplification of "A few crystals & $9.99 bundle", both of which are the anti ftp...

He still haven’t make a comment on my 3 post of single hard node free farm only need 6~7 months compare to MT farm, so...
  • By a dev comment they are supposed to be acquired at a rate roughly similar to that of node farming. They also said it would be 10 shards once a month.

25.5 months that works out to take for them to be 7* since we all got 75 shards for them. Over 2 years... It will take longer to farm these characters than the game has been around. How many hard node farms still wouldn't be finished if you had started farming them on day one of the game being released? None, that's how many.
  • niko2018 wrote: »

He still haven’t make a comment on my 3 post of single hard node free farm only need 6~7 months compare to MT farm, so...

Keep in mind, I'm just saying the complaints are justified in this case. I say that as someone who has been playing a long time & spends money. We need ftp players just as much as we need ptp... there needs to be balance and effort to keep both happy and i haven't seen any strides made to keep ftp happy in a long time.

And yes, your point of a single hard node farm being much faster is a valid 1
    Yeah, but you have spent time on a event every month, spent crystals and maybe money to get a 6 months 7* while DN, released in marquee same as MT, and maybe equally powerful too, was put into a hard node after the wait time(which MT also have) and with no crystals and just hitting a sim button every day you get him to 7* in 6~7 months, that is a problems.

Its simple...I've already got plenty of other characters to farm out of hard nodes. Even doing my 3 energy refreshes for 50 crystals a day I still don't have enough energy to farm everything in hard nodes that I don't have. MT shards will be something I can farm concurrently with hard nodes...and they won't compete with the same energy pool. Maybe it takes 6-7 months to farm a hard node character from start to finish but newer players aren't concurrently farming all hard nodes...I've been playing for 6 months and have hard node farms I know I'll do eventually but I haven't started yet.

As far as having to play a monthly event to get the shards...so what? I actually enjoy playing the game and look forward to playing different squads and events. If a few minutes a month in a Nightsister even is a major con for you...why do you even play this game?

I also don't think you understand this is designed to make the game some money. If MT was just handed to everyone with a 7 star NS squad a lot of older players would have just had MT as a gimme, and newer players would have just done what we've gotten accustomed to, not got her the first go around and if we want her just free farm NS and pick up MT next time she comes around. The way they are doing it now veteran players just don't get her as a gimme, whales can have her right now for more money than most of us are willing to spend on this game, anyone who wants to spend a little or prioritize MT as their in game farm can have her in about 6 months or less depending how lucky you are, and everyone else will face a longer farm(which is no different than other characters you want to put 0 resources into).
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    While I agree with the op, keep in mind that two years is a long time for a mobile game.

This game has not been around for two years and look where the original OP characters are.

I lost my interest to MT due to the long farm. I'll get her eventually if this game was still going.

Its simple...I've already got plenty of other characters to farm out of hard nodes. Even doing my 3 energy refreshes for 50 crystals a day I still don't have enough energy to farm everything in hard nodes that I don't have. MT shards will be something I can farm concurrently with hard nodes...and they won't compete with the same energy pool. Maybe it takes 6-7 months to farm a hard node character from start to finish but newer players aren't concurrently farming all hard nodes...I've been playing for 6 months and have hard node farms I know I'll do eventually but I haven't started yet.

As far as having to play a monthly event to get the shards...so what? I actually enjoy playing the game and look forward to playing different squads and events. If a few minutes a month in a Nightsister even is a major con for you...why do you even play this game?

I also don't think you understand this is designed to make the game some money. If MT was just handed to everyone with a 7 star NS squad a lot of older players would have just had MT as a gimme, and newer players would have just done what we've gotten accustomed to, not got her the first go around and if we want her just free farm NS and pick up MT next time she comes around. The way they are doing it now veteran players just don't get her as a gimme, whales can have her right now for more money than most of us are willing to spend on this game, anyone who wants to spend a little or prioritize MT as their in game farm can have her in about 6 months or less depending how lucky you are, and everyone else will face a longer farm(which is no different than other characters you want to put 0 resources into).

I'm not sure your first point is a point at all since it just stated that you have many hard node farms, and to be honest if your all 3 refreshes are all for characters you can have many options on which one, and most won't have that many to farm in just hard node. I personally farm both phoenix ships and shore( they are not really a farm), and still have plenty to spent on other stuff(1.3 years player here).

Second point I made there is just this game already require much time and an extra events that is the same thing don't really sounds fun for me, first time, sure, but repeat it 2 years, I think not. Why at all need to have it there where you could just sim it?

And I think everyone knows it needs to make money, DN made money, MT just comes as they want to make far more then what DN did, which is not really fare well in the player base, and I think most got the message. And who said anything about 7* MT just handed to you? Did I mention it?

*Edit spell error
  • GildoMcFlay
    244 posts Member
    edited October 2017

So who is forcing you to farm it at the slowest possible pace? You get plenty of free crystals every day for squad arena, fleet arena, and dailies. Use some to get MT faster if you want her so badly and that "2 year drip farm" can get cut down significantly even for a f2p player.

I don't care about the change to cadence...its not like the devs had some written contract with you over it...they are free to change it.

CLS is ridiculously stupid compared to NS. You can just ignore MT if you don't want to run a NS squad, and if you want to run a NS squad well 4 out of the 5 you farm for MT are going to end up in your final squad so that is pretty awesome.

Farming out CLS? Minimum of 10 characters just to unlock him, and if you go that route you'll end up gearing up some rather junky characters you probably will have minimal use for these days outside of unlocking CLS. If you want to avoid gearing such characters by perhaps gearing Thrawn instead...then you need even more characters to avoid gearing up Thrawn instead of something less desirable.

CLS was a breeze if you already had a large roster...yeah. For a day one player to unlock CLS, it sucks. I'd rather farm out my 5 NS and start working on unlocking my uber NS than farm 5 empire toons and 5 rebels just to unlock CLS, whom will get thrown into a squad that uses maybe 2 of those previously farmed characters with him.

I think the bolded portion is why we disagree. If you are a newer player the 5 empire toons are an absolute kick in the nuts. First of all...a new player farming pretty much anything that isn't light side right now is hurting them badly in TB...which is obviously very important. Second...look at the empire toons. What do you think are the top 5? Maybe Vader, EP, Thrawn, Shoretrooper, and Deathtrooper? Hey guess what...those aren't things that a new player can just magically farm. Vader is a slow farm, EP and Thrawn need rebels(so +5 characters to your CLS farm for Phoenix), and Shore and Death troopers are high level 20 energy hard node and 16 energy cantina nodes, which aren't exactly quick farms and can't even be started til after you've been playing for a few months.

Basically if you want to hold out for the better empire toons you potentially are adding a lot of time on to how long it takes to get CLS...otherwise you will probably have to farm out some toons who aren't all that great right now who a lot of older players already had because they used to be more useful. Not so bad if you are an older player...absolute awful if you are newer...and to top it off...several of the ANH toons I wouldn't have bothered with if I didn't need them for CLS.

They do have an advantage. If you already had your NS squad farmed out you don't have to worry about farming them out going forward...its already done. I'm sure there are plenty of people who won't get their 10 MT shards when the monthly event starts because they have other higher priority farms on their plate. Older players will on average still get their MT before newer players.
    I could continue but what's the point? This is another complaint post pretending to be anything but a complaint post... and this is enough to read as it is... but seriously, give me a break... you can't use this analogy to try and dismiss legitimate issues ppl have with this long farm plan.

Its not a complaint. I truly find this farm preferable to Wicket/MT being thrown into shops I already have plenty of other things to spend my currency in, hard nodes I have plenty to farm from, or Cantina nodes where I already have plenty of characters to farm and an endless amount of mods I could be farming if I was done with my Cantina character farms.
    I'll ignore your over simplification of "A few crystals & $9.99 bundle", both of which are the anti ftp...

Go ahead and ignore the truth and get all upset over MT...its not hurting me any lol.

• Its simple...I've already got plenty of other characters to farm out of hard nodes. Even doing my 3 energy refreshes for 50 crystals a day I still don't have enough energy to farm everything in hard nodes that I don't have. MT shards will be something I can farm concurrently with hard nodes...and they won't compete with the same energy pool. Maybe it takes 6-7 months to farm a hard node character from start to finish but newer players aren't concurrently farming all hard nodes...I've been playing for 6 months and have hard node farms I know I'll do eventually but I haven't started yet.
    Is that a point? Having too much hard node farm? Cause now with 3 refreshes and the free energy you can get so many hard node only good characters, and there aren't many, I personally have run out of them ages ago and just use some hard nodes to fill daily challenges or boosting farming from time to time, and to be fair it's what they said about making wicket and MT like a hard node farm which clearly it isn't.

This game already consumes too much time with TB and both arenas, adding one on top don't feel fun to me, especially when it just repeat the same battle over and over for 2 years.
    DN didn't made them money? MT events just comes out as they wanna make far more money than DN did, which didn't fare well against player base, and I think most got the messages.

And who said 7* MT handed to you? Did I mention it anywhere?
  • Woodroward wrote: »

Not true, there's a dev quote saying that it is intended to be exactly 10 shards and come around once a month. Everyone was given 75 shards for them so we're looking at 255 /10 25.5 months to farm.

The problem with this time frame is that even under the old 3 sims a day hard nodes, it would have taken roughly 11 months to get Baze to 7*. The devs also stated that we were supposed to acquire these new characters at a pace roughly similar to node farming, and over 2 years vs. less than one is not even close to similar.

Don't be so close minded. That's the plan for them for the near future. You have no idea if that's how they will be in a year from now, let alone 2 years from now.

Baze was announced in November of last year. In September of this year he became farmable with TB. You tell me you knew that a year ago?

Using your own words now, you're making the point for me. As you say the devs stated they want us to receive them at a similar rate as node farming. Then maybe, just maybe they have a plan to speed up the way we get them.

Here's a hug bro. It will all be ok.

• First. You are way off with your "This is just another entitlement complaint" thinking. It's not remotely the same. An estimate 2 year drip farm, when by the time most finish 20+ toons will be released making this 1 virtually useless, is definitely cause to voice some displeasure at the idea & change to the cadence.

So don't 2 year drip farm it? You can cut it drastically by using some of your free crystals you get EVERY SINGLE DAY to get MT faster.

I'd rather farm 5 toons to unlock an uber toon, 4 of which I can then party with uber toon, than 5 10 characters for 1 uber toon, maybe 1 or 2 of which I will use with uber toon.

I think the bolded part sums it up...if you didn't fall into that category the CLS farm is painful. For starters you have to farm 5 empire toons out...which is really a kick in the nuts right now with TB being so important. From there...which 5 empire toons do you farm? EP and Thrawn have rebel/phoenix requirements, shoretrooper and deathtrooper are slow farms you can't even start til you are high enough level to unlock their nodes, and Vader the only way to speed up his farm is fleet tokens which you'd probably rather be spending on zetas or ships to start farming zetas. So basically you are going to end up farming some second tier empire toons or causing yourself to possibly miss the next R2/CLS event if you can't make the requirements.

Once you get to that point you have to farm out 4 more specific ANH toons. Farmboy Luke still seems pretty useless and none of the others would really be high priority farms for me if they weren't needed for CLS...so in the end I'll have a whole bunch of toons farmed out to unlock CLS most of which will get benched soon as CLS gets unlocked. That is infinitely worse than NS farm where the only one you'll probably never use is Talia.

They do get an advantage...if you already have NS farmed out you probably got some zetas from the bonus tier last event and can start the MT farm when the event starts being monthly, and getting more zetas for the bonus tier while those of us who have not farmed NS yet still have to before we can start farming the event going forward. You just didn't get an advantage in the form of "Here is free 7 star MT right now," which seems to be what you feel entitled to for some reason.
    I could continue but what's the point? This is another complaint post pretending to be anything but a complaint post... and this is enough to read as it is... but seriously, give me a break... you can't use this analogy to try and dismiss legitimate issues ppl have with this long farm plan.

Its not a complaint post. See my previous reply to Niko. I'm glad I can farm MT concurrently with other ongoing farms. I think this is awesome!
    I'll ignore your over simplification of "A few crystals & $9.99 bundle", both of which are the anti ftp...

You'll ignore the truth...got it! Besides...all the free crystals you get daily aren't exactly anti-f2p.
    Is that a point? Having too much hard node farm? Cause now with 3 refreshes and the free energy you can get so many hard node only good characters, and there aren't many, I personally have run out of them ages ago and just use some hard nodes to fill daily challenges or boosting farming from time to time, and to be fair it's what they said about making wicket and MT like a hard node farm which clearly it isn't.

Well there you have it...hard node farms are free, easy, and effortless for you, so you are upset MT isn't a hard node farm and instead we got something different. Sorry bro...don't know what to tell you, other than I'm glad with the addition of these events we'll have going forward for Wicket and MT.
    niko2018 wrote: »
    This game already consumes too much time with TB and both arenas, adding one on top don't feel fun to me, especially when it just repeat the same battle over and over for 2 years.

TB took me less than 15 minutes to deploy 10 toons to platoons, do my 2 combat missions and the phoenix bonus, then deploy the rest. Arenas are generally about a half hour a day worth of actual playing spread out over a 2 hour period only if you really, really want to get your 5 in starting exactly 50 minutes before payout. I wish they'd give me more to do in this game, not less.
    DN didn't made them money? MT events just comes out as they wanna make far more money than DN did, which didn't fare well against player base, and I think most got the messages.

I don't. I'm not sure if you realize it or not but they started giving us free crystals in fleet arena...which more or less doubles your free crystal income. If MT cost a few more crystals to get in 6 months than it would have cost to get DN in 6 months when you were refreshing a 3 attempt hard node back when he was released its all relative.
    And who said 7* MT handed to you? Did I mention it anywhere?

Pretty much everyone whining that 5 7 star NS weren't enough to unlock MT at 7 star right now...that there is also some components that involve time + crystals + money...it doesn't need to be said directly...that is what people were expecting and anything but that would have been upsetting to people who felt entitled.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    The problem is NOT the length of the farm. The problem is:
    1) Zeta's for whales only, and a huge amount of them too.
    2) G12 requires 7 stars

Both of these seem horrible flaws. Now yes, the length of the farm is absurd, but it wouldn't be an actual issue if it was just some character. This is MUCH worse than CLS.
  • Woodroward wrote: »

Don't be so close minded. That's the plan for them for the near future. You have no idea if that's how they will be in a year from now, let alone 2 years from now.

Baze was announced in November of last year. In September of this year he became farmable with TB. You tell me you knew that a year ago?

Using your own words now, you're making the point for me. As you say the devs stated they want us to receive them at a similar rate as node farming. Then maybe, just maybe they have a plan to speed up the way we get them.

Here's a hug bro. It will all be ok.

Ah... baze was legitimately farmable LONG before TB... where were you?
  • WrathofCaedus
    1880 posts Member
    edited October 2017

So don't 2 year drip farm it? You can cut it drastically by using some of your free crystals you get EVERY SINGLE DAY to get MT faster.

I'd rather farm 5 toons to unlock an uber toon, 4 of which I can then party with uber toon, than 5 10 characters for 1 uber toon, maybe 1 or 2 of which I will use with uber toon.

I think the bolded part sums it up...if you didn't fall into that category the CLS farm is painful. For starters you have to farm 5 empire toons out...which is really a kick in the nuts right now with TB being so important. From there...which 5 empire toons do you farm? EP and Thrawn have rebel/phoenix requirements, shoretrooper and deathtrooper are slow farms you can't even start til you are high enough level to unlock their nodes, and Vader the only way to speed up his farm is fleet tokens which you'd probably rather be spending on zetas or ships to start farming zetas. So basically you are going to end up farming some second tier empire toons or causing yourself to possibly miss the next R2/CLS event if you can't make the requirements.

Once you get to that point you have to farm out 4 more specific ANH toons. Farmboy Luke still seems pretty useless and none of the others would really be high priority farms for me if they weren't needed for CLS...so in the end I'll have a whole bunch of toons farmed out to unlock CLS most of which will get benched soon as CLS gets unlocked. That is infinitely worse than NS farm where the only one you'll probably never use is Talia.

They do get an advantage...if you already have NS farmed out you probably got some zetas from the bonus tier last event and can start the MT farm when the event starts being monthly, and getting more zetas for the bonus tier while those of us who have not farmed NS yet still have to before we can start farming the event going forward. You just didn't get an advantage in the form of "Here is free 7 star MT right now," which seems to be what you feel entitled to for some reason.

Its not a complaint post. See my previous reply to Niko. I'm glad I can farm MT concurrently with other ongoing farms. I think this is awesome!

You'll ignore the truth...got it! Besides...all the free crystals you get daily aren't exactly anti-f2p.

You're not worth the time it takes to respond. Happy gaming... And you are the definition of the entitled you were so quick to mock.

Edit: 1 quick point, you should learn to check your facts before posting. Nobody got zetas, even if they'd had the existing toons maxed. The only way you get zetas is with a 7* Talzin... You are simply wrong on virtually every single point you try to make but you're gonna see what you wanna see... I'm glad you're the minority on this...
  • Vohbo wrote: »
    The problem is NOT the length of the farm. The problem is:
    1) Zeta's for whales only, and a huge amount of them too.
    2) G12 requires 7 stars

Both of these seem horrible flaws. Now yes, the length of the farm is absurd, but it wouldn't be an actual issue if it was just some character. This is MUCH worse than CLS.

You don't need Talzin/Wicket for the bonus tiers though. In reality even if you could care less about MT/Wicket...you'll probably end up farming Ewoks/NS eventually anyhow for the zetas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwL7eI2WKTc
This discussion has been closed.