Should Talzin Be Assisting?

Bulldog1205
3573 posts Member
edited October 2017
So I started playing with Talzin in GW today only to be very disappointed that she does not call herself to assist with her Spirit Blade Assault attack. One of the reasons I've thought she was OP is that I thought this attack would call her basic to have both a high damage single target attack that inflicts plague (under her lead) and a high damage AOE attack that inflicts more plague on plagued targets and can't be countered.

So is this a bug, or have the devs misled us with poor wording. The wording says she "calls all nightsister allies to assist." Compare that to Cody, who does call himself to assist, and reads "calls all clone allies and one random ally to assist." General Kenobi, who doesn't call himself to assist, specifically excludes himself by saying "call all buffed other allies to assist."

Basically, every instance that I know of in the game that says "all allies" includes the ally using the skill, whether it be a buff or an attack. Anytime the devs don't want to include that ally using the skill they specifically say "other ally". In this instance they do not do that.

This is a HUGE distinction, and I think it needs to be clarified whether this a bug or WAI. Either the skill or the wording definitely needs changed.

Replies

• Oh, interesting. Never occurred to me.

Early guess says gameplay is WAI ( it's easier to overlook a word from text than it is to overlook a move malfunctioning in QA)
  • Weaver9000 wrote: »
    Oh, interesting. Never occurred to me.

Early guess says gameplay is WAI ( it's easier to overlook a word from text than it is to overlook a move malfunctioning in QA)

I'm worried you are right. It will just be extremely frustrating if it turns out the description is wrong after I've already spent money on her pack and used crystals to refresh the event. I was so excited about this character and it feels like I'm prepping for a gut punch. She is still very good, and I'm trying to tell myself she is still worth it, and I may have still bought all of that anyways, but it's still going to sting when you are right.
  • It reads deal special dmg and calls all allied NS to assist. From her animation you see her attacking and then all NS assisting. So why would you think she would hit again?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    There is one difference between hers and codys' abilities. Codys' isn't an attack, it's just a call to assit.

MT is an attack and call to assist.

I don't think there is any attack that will call the attacker to assist after they have already attacked.

So WAI IMO.
  • It reads deal special dmg and calls all allied NS to assist. From her animation you see her attacking and then all NS assisting. So why would you think she would hit again?

Is this a rhetorical question? Because I already said exactly why I expected her to attack again in my original post.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    There is one difference between hers and codys' abilities. Codys' isn't an attack, it's just a call to assit.

MT is an attack and call to assist.

I don't think there is any attack that will call the attacker to assist after they have already attacked.

So WAI IMO.

Why does that make a difference? There is no other attack to my knowledge that reads like it would. We see power creep 24/7 in this game. Having a character that might be a 2 year farm attack twice doesn't seem implausible to me at all.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya!
    This does not appear to be a bug. But considering the topic, it has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report any future bugs over at Answers HQ.
    You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums. Thanks!
    Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
This discussion has been closed.