When do they come to the Feedback section and comment?

Zolaz
392 posts Member
edited October 2017
Does anyone know?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    never because devs don't go to forums anymore, they get death threats by people gathering with forks and torches, the school of their children will be postet, someone will find out their mobile number ....... so no devs officially in forums anymore thanks to toxic communities.
    community managers like Kozispoon are their substitution, but as said no real game dev who still got all his marbles will go to a forum and tell people he's a developer, he would be out of marbles in a matter of hrs, maybe days :smiley:
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They do read the sub forums, and isn't that the important part?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    J0HND03 wrote: »
    never because devs don't go to forums anymore, they get death threats by people gathering with forks and torches, the school of their children will be postet, someone will find out their mobile number ....... so no devs officially in forums anymore thanks to toxic communities.
    community managers like Kozispoon are their substitution, but as said no real game dev who still got all his marbles will go to a forum and tell people he's a developer, he would be out of marbles in a matter of hrs, maybe days :smiley:

Not true at all.

There are devs assigned to each area to bring in the suggestions and read the feedback from different areas of the sub forum.

Yes the negativity can be a lot, they have thick skin and don't shy away from trying to make the game better from the constructive feedback of the players
  • Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    I know there are pages and pages of dissatisfaction about GW for months and months without a comment. Sure seems like the opposite of what Kyno is saying.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Zolaz wrote: »
    I know there are pages and pages of dissatisfaction about GW for months and months without a comment. Sure seems like the opposite of what Kyno is saying.

They did comment, and I believe they said they monitor the numbers. If they are still happy with the situation, why would they need to keep commenting that it is WAI. I'm not saying it would be nice, but demands of responce (as many titles seem to be pushing for) are not always going to get you what you want, when there is no change expected.

I don't know if it is WAI or not, but that doesn't change the facts that they are aware of GW and have thier own tools to monitor it. Maybe they are working on a change so diligently they don't want to break concentration to respond. We don't know, but they are there and they are working. I am sure if they had something to say and are allowed to say, they would. <<those 2 things don't always line up.
  • Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    I must have missed this comment, please share Kyno. I dont believe that I am demanding anything. I merely asked a question. Some transparency and help would be nice.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Zolaz I thought it was a post on the forum, but i was mistaken.

iyoykxbz9ak9.png
  • Kyno wrote: »
    There are devs assigned to each area to bring in the suggestions and read the feedback from different areas of the sub forum.
    Oh man, if what you say is true, these guys in particular are doing a terrible, TERRIBLE job. Just look at the sheer amount of people complaining about GW (for months now), and they won't do a God **** thing to make it better. We only get proxies like you saying it's "WAI"*.

*WAI = "boring", "time consuming", "frustrating" and "annoying".
  • Zolaz wrote: »

People who fail at GW are generally people that generally don’t/won’t/can’t listen to the people that do smash it every single day. You read some of the responses and they make me laugh -

GW winner: Resistance makes GW easy for the most part.
    Complainer: But I don’t WANT to farm Resistance.
    GW winner: ok, but they are a guaranteed 6/6 for TB combat missions too. And good for HAAT P2.
    Complainer: I hate the Resistance, I’m a DS player. I want to be able to complete GW using my Zader/FO/Sith Squad.
    GW winner: have you tried pre-loading the TM in you other squads to get your specials off quicker in the big fights?
    Complainer: I shouldn’t have to. I don’t retreat when things are going wrong either.
    GW winner: Double Facepalm

The trouble with Internet forums is that people that can be bothered to sign up do so for a reason, either they want to shout about how great something is, or how incredibly terrible something is. No-one bothered to make a log in for a site to say how they thought something was “ok” or “so so”.

Kyno has copied the developer response to GW being hard and that will be largely ignored because

1: people don’t care, they just want to be able to do it.
    2: this thread will live in obscurity in one of the sub forums.

Honestly that should be stickies to the top of general discussion with a big neon sign attached to it saying “struggling with GW? Here’s why!” Attached to it. See also number 1. :wink:

• Akeron
    104 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    People who fail at GW are generally people that generally don’t/won’t/can’t listen to the people that do smash it every single day. You read some of the responses and they make me laugh -

GW winner: Resistance makes GW easy for the most part.
    Complainer: But I don’t WANT to farm Resistance.
    GW winner: ok, but they are a guaranteed 6/6 for TB combat missions too. And good for HAAT P2.
    Complainer: I hate the Resistance, I’m a DS player. I want to be able to complete GW using my Zader/FO/Sith Squad.
    GW winner: have you tried pre-loading the TM in you other squads to get your specials off quicker in the big fights?
    Complainer: I shouldn’t have to. I don’t retreat when things are going wrong either.
    GW winner: Double Facepalm

The trouble with Internet forums is that people that can be bothered to sign up do so for a reason, either they want to shout about how great something is, or how incredibly terrible something is. No-one bothered to make a log in for a site to say how they thought something was “ok” or “so so”.

Kyno has copied the developer response to GW being hard and that will be largely ignored because

1: people don’t care, they just want to be able to do it.
    2: this thread will live in obscurity in one of the sub forums.

Honestly that should be stickies to the top of general discussion with a big neon sign attached to it saying “struggling with GW? Here’s why!” Attached to it. See also number 1. :wink:

That is just a kitten statement. I for one have zFinn and zBB8 Resistance team (check my roster: https://swgoh.gg/u/oneiros/ ), I do pre-load TM in four different squads, I do retreat multiple times, and I still have a lot of issues with GW. This part of the game just suck, and we should not need to spend so much time in a single frustrating activity. The game is supposed to be fun, but you just have to look at this forum to notice that a lot of people are not happy the way things are.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Complainer: Improving my roster does not help me in GW.
    GW Winner: But if you get enough Stat Power, your last few nodes get broken and you get easy nodes.

Complainer: I purposely refuse applying Zeta abilities to my character because that drastically increases my Galactic Power.
    GW Winner: But GW is not scaled to GP, it is scaled to Stat Power and Zetas don’t add much Stat Power if they even do add Stat Power.

Complainer: There’s so many complainers on the forum, GW must be broken.
    GW Winner: But there are so many winners that clear it daily without any problems and Contented players don’t post about being contented!

Complainer: I am angry and frustrated which makes me always right and I shall ignore any posts that say otherwise.
    GW Winner: *Gives up*
  • Brotha01
    2 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    There is no such thing as a "GW winner" (that's a bratty thing to say). In my POV, the way things are right now makes us all losers - I mean, to waste so much of our time in it is just kitten.

I have recently arrived at level 85, and never been able to complete it until a month ago. Now I can do it on auto with my 2 Zeta Phoenix squad, and it still stinks!
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Brotha01 wrote: »
    There is no such thing as a "GW winner" (that's a bratty thing to say).!

I’m closing in 50 days on the trot 12/12. :wink:

GW can be beaten regularly if you put the effort into farming the right toons and follow a fairly simple strategy, it really is that simple.

GW can be beaten regularly if you put the effort into farming the right toons and follow a fairly simple strategy, it really is that simple.

So, just admit what GW is. It is not a test against a well rounded roster. It is only completed, like every other facet of this game, with select squads. Only in GW, the squad changes as the meta changes.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    J0HND03 wrote: »

Not true at all.

Yes the negativity can be a lot, they have thick skin and don't shy away from trying to make the game better from the constructive feedback of the players

I’ve yet to see anyone ever acknowledge that there is a huge bug in TB that results in the game freezing up mid-battle until the player has to restart their device and lose all credit for the battle.

It’s been happening since the first territory battle and been reported all over the forums, but there has been no official response even acknowledging the problem.

That’s a huge, game breaking bug. My guild has lost stars due to this bug, and we have had long term players get so fed up with it that they quit the game permanently. It happens every single territory battle, and yet there has been NO response from anyone about this. Each report is treated like its the first time this has ever happened.

So, I’m not sure that I believe it when you say “they don’t shy away”.
  • Zolaz wrote: »
    Brotha01 wrote: »

So, just admit what GW is. It is not a test against a well rounded roster. It is only completed, like every other facet of this game, with select squads. Only in GW, the squad changes as the meta changes.

That is exactly what it is! I haven’t tried to imply it’s anythjng else.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

The old go to teams for GW were, droids, old daka/ee or just ewoks, and there was the dooku era too. The "one team" needed cages as the meta does. This is what I believe they meant when they said a well rounded roster, yes it helps to have a B and C team, but there does seem to always be a way to beat GW. It takes time and focus into GW which is not always what people want to focus on.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    There is no such thing as a "GW winner" (that's a bratty thing to say). In my POV, the way things are right now makes us all losers - I mean, to waste so much of our time in it is just ****.

Oh my goodness, the horror of spending some time actually playing this game we supposedly enjoy instead of just simming things. We are clearly losers for spending 20 minutes a day (usually while watching TV or riding the train or something we were going to being doing anyway...).
  • SWGOHdecuehrola
    15 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Liath wrote: »
    Oh my goodness, the horror of spending some time actually playing this game we supposedly enjoy instead of just simming things. We are clearly losers for spending 20 minutes a day (usually while watching TV or riding the train or something we were going to being doing anyway...).

Well, if you like it so much why don't you quit simming things???? Oh, wait, I'll answer: because it's boring.

We already play a lot in the Arena, the Ships, the Rancor, the Tank Takedown, Territory Battles and the Events. It's pretty much consensus that Galactic Chore is just boring - and it usually takes more than 20 minutes, specially for those of us who have to retreat multiple times to finish it.

Bottom line: galactic chore is the worse part of my game-day, really not enjoying.

/Bragging hat on/
    I’m on a consecutive 14 months of full GW wins... and I only have zFinn since this summer.
    /Bragging hat off/
    Resistance is the easy way, but there always have been other ways. Even without Droids, Daka, Ewoks, etc - it just takes planning and forethought. Which is why it’s called Galactic War and not Battle. You don’t approach it on a Battle-per-battle way, but as a whole, with a variety of squads to tackle each challenge (unless you opt for the easy way).
    Squads mostly follow the meta at a certain point (but past meta appear too, along rag-tag teams), sure, but guess what ? You know it when the meta changes, because you see it here on the forum and in-game ! This gives you time to plan counter-teams, and the possibility to pre-load TM gives a very big advantage.
    If your roster lacks useful characters so that you can’t beat the usual suspects, then it is a test of your roster, and it’s failed. Relying on « peak » characters is good enough for Arena, but this makes for an unbalanced roster if you can only field one such powerful squad and the rest of your toons are two gear levels behind (or more). You make choices in the development of your characters and roster, and there are consequences. Focus only on Resistance, and your GW will be easy - but kiss goodbye to top Arena rankings. Farm the Empire only, no Rebels, and you’ll miss Palpatine. Bypass Phoenix, and no Thrawn. Same goes for GW : focus too much on a narrow roster, and you won’t have the depth to beat twelve nodes.
  • Ambassador wrote: »
    If your roster lacks useful characters so that you can’t beat the usual suspects, then it is a test of your roster, and it’s failed. Relying on « peak » characters is good enough for Arena, but this makes for an unbalanced roster if you can only field one such powerful squad and the rest of your toons are two gear levels behind (or more). You make choices in the development of your characters and roster, and there are consequences. Focus only on Resistance, and your GW will be easy - but kiss goodbye to top Arena rankings. Farm the Empire only, no Rebels, and you’ll miss Palpatine. Bypass Phoenix, and no Thrawn. Same goes for GW : focus too much on a narrow roster, and you won’t have the depth to beat twelve nodes.

https://swgoh.gg/u/zolaz/collection/