Why didn’t you factor in Veers for Talzin?

SnakesOnAPlane
4363 posts Member
edited October 2017
No way you factored in Veers Unique when designing MT and the ghouls. That is the most ridiculous unintended counter ever. Why should I spend a ton of resources on them now?! Disappointed.
SnakesOnAPlane
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Did you honestly expect to get a "I beat everything, no counter possible" squad? Just ask yourself: will Veers be able to beat CLS? Definitely not.
    SO we get that beautiful rock-paper-scissors kind of thing some people call balance. ;-)
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Lovvly_One wrote: »
    Did you honestly expect to get a "I beat everything, no counter possible" squad? Just ask yourself: will Veers be able to beat CLS? Definitely not.
    SO we get that beautiful rock-paper-scissors kind of thing some people call balance. ;-)

Zero balance. Nothing changes. CLS can easily still win on offense, and holds its own with defense. The meta won’t change until Jedi Rey arrives soon.

That still doesn’t answer the whole point of my message: I guarantee you EA overlooked Veers for MT. I can assure you that was not their intended design. Maybe I’m wrong, but we’ll never get a straight answer either.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Kitch
    171 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I enjoyed this
  • Also, there are multiple new strategies that come with mother Talzin.

For instance:. JKA or Sidious have insane synergy with the instant defeat mechanic that comes with revived nightsisters.

Also:. Sith assassin, trooper, and savage oppress both benefit from plague because it ignores protection.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Wouldn't this just be a hard counter?

Much like the boba rework right before chaze was released.
  • Oh no. Having an old character be made useful through their (unintentional) ability to counter a new character. What a tragedy
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    If that’s the one problem for Ns, then you are set. Who is going to farm Veers and the Imperial Troopers just to beat one team that rarely anyone will have?
  • Boba is also going to be a tough guy to deal with. He'll avoid zombie taunt and execute mt. Game over from there. As a bonus he will keep reviving as he finishes off nightsister round after round.
  • This bothers me because the tm gain on my zeta ventress was nerfed down to 35%. Veers has better synergy with nightsisters than a actual nightsister.
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    Boba is also going to be a tough guy to deal with. He'll avoid zombie taunt and execute mt. Game over from there. As a bonus he will keep reviving as he finishes off nightsister round after round.

Boba AI will still target Zombie with execute because she will have a buff while most other NS will not. Besides most run the boring CLS, GK, han, R2 +1 team anyway.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    Boba is also going to be a tough guy to deal with. He'll avoid zombie taunt and execute mt. Game over from there. As a bonus he will keep reviving as he finishes off nightsister round after round.

Boba AI will still target Zombie with execute because she will have a buff while most other NS will not. Besides most run the boring CLS, GK, han, R2 +1 team anyway.

Isn’t boring defined by repetition? When it first came out, it was fun.

Problem is, why wouldn’t everyone want the best team so that they may stay competitive? Which causes all fights to be repetitive.
  • Did you factor rock in when designing scissors?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Did you factor rock in when designing scissors?

Yes! That is what needs to be done we need a release of 3 teams, each more OP than teams outside of its circle, each of equal value to us in separate places.

We need a rock, paper, scissor release. One at a time might not work though since most will get the first, be **** at the second, and then not have the time or resources for the third.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    What ultimately this has caused is, IMO, a drastic drop in NS acquirements. They’ve been shut down by one of the worst factions in the game. A faction that even recently had an update. It’s odd.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    Ender22 wrote: »

Problem is, why wouldn’t everyone want the best team so that they may stay competitive? Which causes all fights to be repetitive.

boring is in the eye of the beholder. Following the crowd is boring and yes repetition is boring.

I guess it is easier for others to figure out what works good and just jump on the bandwagon and follow the crowd.

This is also why allowing to set a defense team will not make the game any better. You would still fight the same boring teams over and over.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member

boring is in the eye of the beholder. Following the crowd is boring and yes repetition is boring.

I guess it is easier for others to figure out what works good and just jump on the bandwagon and follow the crowd.

This is also why allowing to set a defense team will not make the game any better. You would still fight the same boring teams over and over.

Yeah, a set defense team would probably make things worse. Zariss, Zariss everywhere.

I went for CLS myself, it wasn’t a bandwagon I was jumping on though, nor was that probably the case for others. We all recognized the OP’ness that CLS has to offer. Didn’t need to follow anyone else to figure that one out.
  • Ender22 wrote: »
    If that’s the one problem for Ns, then you are set. Who is going to farm Veers and the Imperial Troopers just to beat one team that rarely anyone will have?

I have a ZEERS, ZARKIN, Zrennic, ZT, Shore :D I’m set! We see from this thread, people either like tonuse different strategies like a game of chess, or they are lazy and just want everything to be checkers. I prefer chess and yes... I will still use Talzin and NS, they have TM manipulation as well as other debuffs such as numerous stuns. Simply focus ZEERS and have DN and SA with ZALZIN and Zentress and Zaka. To win. Swapping one character out is hardly a chore to beat an entire other team.
  • Seriously guys... pay attention to Zaka unique... :D

I have a ZEERS, ZARKIN, Zrennic, ZT, Shore :D I’m set! We see from this thread, people either like tonuse different strategies like a game of chess, or they are lazy and just want everything to be checkers. I prefer chess and yes... I will still use Talzin and NS, they have TM manipulation as well as other debuffs such as numerous stuns. Simply focus ZEERS and have DN and SA with ZALZIN and Zentress and Zaka. To win. Swapping one character out is hardly a chore to beat an entire other team.

It’s not about having tons of different strategies. I’m sure ALL of us want to have different weapons, different toys to play with. The point is, we can only focus on so much at a time. And those who don’t have Veers aren’t going to farm him solely to beat Talzin. They’d have to have a better reason than that. Like Carbanti, orrrr some sort of DS TB ;)

Oh my God, my zead zurts after zeading that

Oh my God, my zead zurts after zeading that

Zar you ok?... Zoh no! Zvat has zappened zoo me! Zoooooooo!
  • Lovvly_One wrote: »
    Did you honestly expect to get a "I beat everything, no counter possible" squad? Just ask yourself: will Veers be able to beat CLS? Definitely not.

Nobody can beat CLS, he is the most broken, unfair and overpowered character in the game
  • ElleMadara wrote: »

Nobody can beat CLS, he is the most broken, unfair and overpowered character in the game

Lol nobody can beat CLS. Thrawn can beat CLS. Rex can beat CLS. GK/Zariss can beat CLS. Almost any team can win on offense if played well
  • I’d like to comment but I can’t afford a decent Talzin so nothing about this.

However it’s thrilling to find out that I know have a use for my free veers! I just need to gear him, omega him... :(
    ElleMadara wrote: »

Lol nobody can beat CLS. Thrawn can beat CLS. Rex can beat CLS. GK/Zariss can beat CLS. Almost any team can win on offense if played well

Any team huh? I think we both know 85% of the characters in this game have zero business fighting a CLS in high level arena. However, from what I've seen so far, NS are excellent against him and his usual team members.
  • dimi4a wrote: »
    Teague wrote: »
    ElleMadara wrote: »

Any team huh? I think we both know 85% of the characters in this game have zero business fighting a CLS in high level arena. However, from what I've seen so far, NS are excellent against him and his usual team members.

Yep, Mother Talzin and company Plague CLS just fine (denies debuff cleanse and ignores Protection) and with their constant revive synergy, Sister Kisser is having a hard time dealing with them. This might actually be THE counter and it comes from an unexpected direction - NS!

"Sister Kisser" absolutely killed me lmfao

But hey, maybe the devs meant that to be ironic...
    "You demand a simple answer, refusing to look for it within. That is the essence of your failure." -Valkorion, the Immortal Emperor
  • ElleMadara wrote: »

I kill cls's in the morning to keep my teeth clean. Of course he can be beaten u just have to use your head and thrawn or mt