How much multi-sim to use?

Deantron
63 posts Member
edited October 2017
Does the amount (1-X multisim), to farm toons, has any influence of the times you get shards? Currently i always put 2 sims and then another two sims.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    no influence, but i like to sim per 3 or 4. It's the least frustrating imo.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Its all psychological, so its up to you
  • There is no influence. I've tried from 1 to 20 sims. Shard drop rate is practically the same 33% with a little variance.
  • Thanks for the answers.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    The only time I worry about this is if I'm trying to get enough shards to promote or enough gear pieces to craft. I sim exactly how much I need, when I inevitably get less than needed I reduce the next sim down and repeat until I'm simming one time each and I finally get that last one. Not a big deal but makes me feel frugal. ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ral
    54 posts Member
    I always use 3 per sim, makes me feel good too when I get 2 shards.
  • I got Lando at 79 shards, to get him. I had to multi sim 12 times to get one shard for him! Is this normal?
  • Deantron wrote: »
    I got Lando at 79 shards, to get him. I had to multi sim 12 times to get one shard for him! Is this normal?

Yes
  • I've seen worse. I know this sounds tin-foil-hattish but I do believe there is some weird micro management going on. I've been down to my last shard and gone 0 for 20 a lot of times.
  • I've seen worse. I know this sounds tin-foil-hattish but I do believe there is some weird micro management going on. I've been down to my last shard and gone 0 for 20 a lot of times.

The reverse is also true. Many times, I have only needed 1 or 2 more shards and then get 4 from a batch of 12. "They" used up my future drops on this round giving me useless shards that I have to exchange in the shard shop! What a rip-off. Tinfoil hat securely attached, thank you.
  • Why would you sim 12 if you only need one. For all you know it took 10 tries to get that one shard, then after it was maxed you got a few useless ones in a row.
  • I always sim 2 times and then another two times. Lando will be simed to 7* anyway.
  • Why would you sim 12 if you only need one. For all you know it took 10 tries to get that one shard, then after it was maxed you got a few useless ones in a row.

Because I'm a baller.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Why would you sim 12 if you only need one. For all you know it took 10 tries to get that one shard, then after it was maxed you got a few useless ones in a row.

Because I'm a baller.

BOOM!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Deantron
    63 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Since lando is 5* i get 1 shard from 10 Multisim (no matter if i use 1 Sim, 2 Sim....), since 3 days, in cantina 1-E. Shouldn´t it be 33%?

When i simmed lando to unlock him (80 shards) u usually got 33%.
    Post edited by Deantron on
  • Since the last 3 days i have about 30% on shards again. It´s O.K..