What am I doing wrong?

I cannot beat R2 on tier 7 although I think I've seen weaker teams do it. My team is EP (L) G9 RG G10 Tarkin G10 Vader G9 and Snowtrooper G8, all level 85 with all non-zeta abilities maxed. My TFP is G9 but just barely got to 6* so he's not useable this time around. I have a zeta to spare but I'm not sure if it would help. Is my team just too weak or am I not using the right strategy?

Replies

• TVF
    36524 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I had trouble until I moved my best mods to my team...a combination of speed, potency, and protection. And the final difference was killing R2 first. It took a while (and several tries) but the rest went smoothly once I did that. I had tried killing Han and Luke first a bunch of times with no success, R2 kept wrecking me.

TFP is huge because his immunity buff keeps smokescreen from doing anything, Chewie and Ben from taunting, Leia from stealthing, etc. Also you want to avoid Vader using Culling Blade unless you have a kill shot with it, as TFP does massive damage with all the negative status effects on your target. Won't help you this time around but maybe next time.

Beyond that, use Palps stun, RG's defense/health up, and Tarkin's offense down followed by his AOE as soon and often as they are available. I don't have Snowtrooper so I'm not sure what his best strategy is.

I only had Vader at G9 and everyone else at G8, so you should be able to do it (unless TFP is so much better than Snowtrooper that you can't make up the difference with gear).

Good luck!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • This may sound crazy but I put mine on auto a few time and got him at 7.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    What's your team?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I had ep9 rg9 vader10 gmt8 snow trooper8 it frustrating but I just auto it about 10 times and it worked
  • BigKAT32
    5 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    So I moved some mods around and spent all my credit heist winnings upgrading some new ones and I eventually beat it in a final slug match between Palpatine and Chewie. Finally have all 5 at 7* for CLS, whenever he's coming back
  • BigKAT32 wrote: »
    So I moved some mods around and spent all my credit heist winnings upgrading some new ones and I eventually beat it in a final slug match between Palpatine and Chewie. Finally have all 5 at 7* for CLS, whenever he's coming back

See it wasn't that hard congrats