Another R2 Struggle Thread

Hi. I, too, am struggling to complete the 7*. Like Bosshog44 (in the other thread), I think I have a not terrible Empire squad. Looking for any specific tips. I've tried with both Zader and EP leads. I have pretty decent mods in place, but I'm not getting close in the battle. EP lead seems to be better than Zader.

https://swgoh.gg/u/emveepee/collection/?f=empire

I know Veers isn't great, but he's my fifth 7* at this point. I've been trying to work on TFP. Also, looked to get Thrawn up, but don't have the Phoenix squad to get him there yet.

I'm F2P, so gearwalled at VIII with many toons. Vader is my first Zeta, and I thought he might help, but have since read that EP lead is a better choice. Any other suggestions? Do I just write it off for now and wait until next round where I can have different 7* toons or is there anything I can do with what I have now?

Replies

• I’ve said the same thing in a few of these, I beat it with a worse squad than yours, you need to make palp faster. At least 180 (I had 200). The more palp goes, the easier it is.
  • You need to swap out your Multiplexers on Vader, Palp, and most especially Tarkin with potency as the primary stat. Due to his unique, Tarkin is a much more survivable character with a high potency.
  • Haha! That did it! Thanks Sledge. Great suggestion and much appreciated!!!
  • Also, weldon, thanks for the input too. I had seen your other comments and already did some mod shifting to get speed up. But I'm still not up as fast as you. Speed mods are at such a premium in this game and I hadn't gone full mod-diving to get EP the very best yet. A reminder, I guess, of how much those mods matter.