Is it going to be enough?

MK61
57 posts Member
Hey guys!! I'm about 4 days from 7*ing magma trooper. SWGOH link provided. Do you think if I can 7* magmatrooper I may be able to get this done, with swapping in my best mods, or will he need another level of gear on some of them. I have r2 at 6*, and passed that easily, but with vader over magma. I can get magma to g8 if needed, but want to focus on gearing r2 as well to go into my arena team, and the need exactly the same gear... I have better mods that I can get on the folks, should be able to get to about 170-180speed on EP. I dont' think I have the mods to get him to 200...

https://swgoh.gg/u/mkotur325/collection/?f=empire

let me know any thoughts/advice!!

Thanks!!!

Replies

• Good luck, with how 7 star'ing r2 is going for me you need the entire group at at least gear 9 to have even the slightest chance
  • I did it with Palatine gear 10 , Vader 9, Imperial Guard 9, Snow Trooper 9 and Tarkin 8. The "RNG"... Cough, cough ... behaves badly towards the end of the battle. I used "Let the hate flow through you" at the end to steal health and gain health as much as I could.
  • I did it with Vader gear 10 ep gear 9 tip gear 8 speed 212 my gear 8 this gear 8 and used my arena mods . All level 85. Take out ham first. Then use them to stun and heal. Tfp use to buff block all other and hit r2. As much as possible.once r2 is out it is cake.
  • I would get EP, Vader, and Tarkin all up at least one more gear level. I’d go in with EP, Vader, Tarkin, RG, and TFP. There are quite a few guides as far as strategy with this team—I’d read over those. The main thing is focus your fire on R2, using EP’s offense up, Intimidation tactics, RG’s health up, and any group attacks as much as possible.
    Ally code: 357613281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/
  • MK61
    57 posts Member
    I would go with Vader over Magma trooper if I could, but I'm about 40 shards short for Vader and my recent rolls in the fleet store have been garbage. He's only shown up in there twice since Sept 15th for me. Based on how 6* went, I'm fairly confident that if I could miraculously spawn 40 shards of Vader I could finish it with the gear levels I have, just swapping my best mods in. I appreciate the advice y'all.

Dropping a gear level on empire folks isn't my idea of a good week, but if that's what needs to happen for r2, so be it.

Thanks again.
  • MK61
    57 posts Member
    Well just a quick updated. A day and a bit left and I have many attempts at the event now that I have 7*ed magmatrooper. With swapping in my best mods, it's not enough. I wouldn't recommend trying to run this with Magma in place of Vader, not without Crazy mods. I've been able to get 3 opponents down, typically raid han, Leia and luke. After that, it's typically just EP left, and he isn't fast enough. My fastest mods put him up to about 180 speed, and that just doesn't pass muster. Got RG up to G9 and Magma up to g8, so in a better place to start next time around, but not looking really positive to 7* him this time.

Still up for any suggestions if there are any out there.
  • Magma does better at G9, but if you're waiting for next time there are better dps toons. TFP would probably be a good investment. I got 7* with G9 magma, but I also had G9 Thrawn and EP to bring the pain. Magma didn't do much for me.
  • MK61
    57 posts Member
    Thanks for the insight.

Next time I'm hoping to have EP, Vader (instead of magma), RG, TFP and Tarkin. EP, Vader and RG are all g9 already, so hopefully next time around will work.

To be completely fair, I think I could have beaten it with that crew if I had the mods to get EP and TFP over 200 speed, but I simply don't have fast enough mods to do that currently, so that's another goal for next time.

For now, I guess I'll just have to get r2 up in gear and put him in my arena team at 6* he should do fine!
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Don't settle for "good enough"... if you want R2 7* grind mods, gear, credits and mats and upgrade your team until you are confident that you'll make it.

I know it is tempting to settle for a G8-team after reading a boatload of threads stating that they unlocked him with a mediocre team. But you may also read that many spend hundreds of tries to get favorable RNG.

So ask your self: Do I want to spend the time and energy (and frustration) on hundreds of tries of an 8 round challenge? Or do I want to spend my time grinding gear and creating a team strong enough to manage the challenge in just a few tries instead?
  • MK61
    57 posts Member
    Thanks for the advice. There's certainly something to be said for strengthening that team. The big hit for me was that my vader was just a few shards short. A problem that has since been rectified. That should make the difference needed, along with some new mods that I'm working on now. I'm still working on RG and EP to use in p3 HAAT in the future, so hopefully I'll have them and Vader to G10 or better by the next time the spunky little droid comes back around.