R2event

Dear all @cg,

Could you please advise how come a 32% potency down r2 can burn each and every time a 52,99% tenacity Palpatine ? And why does he never get stunned ? He's immune to tm reduction ok, but why to stun ???
Moreover, I don't understand why there is only one empire team apparently that can beat this r2 event ? I spent a lot of time farming magmatrooper and veers, and now, despite 3 starring 6* on first attempt I don't have the shadow of a chance winning this 7* level.
I am ok with not having all toons on first appearance or even first try, but I should be able to get that toon at 7* when I chose to farm the characters needed to 7*.

Ps : I don't need to know you commenters managed and with whom. My team is how it is and there is no way I can manage the other toons to 7*

Replies

• J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I am in the exact same situation man. I farmed Magmatrooper instead of TFP because I had GW tokens to spare, and now I can't even come close to winning the last tier. :(

p.s. I obviously did not know about the turn meter delay immunity that the enemy team got in the last tier.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I stunned R2 several times.

There is not only one empire team that can win because lots of people used Thrawn and I don't have him.

Just getting a bunch of toons to 7* shouldn't guarantee winning the event. Your choices (both before and during) should matter.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • U can get r2 without thrawn.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I stunned R2 several times.

There is not only one empire team that can win because lots of people used Thrawn and I don't have him.

Just getting a bunch of toons to 7* shouldn't guarantee winning the event. Your choices (both before and during) should matter.

Sure, but not even mentionning Thrawn. He's meta somehow, and most don't go with him. Palpatine tarkin vader rg and tfp. Otherwise there's no possibility. Get Thrawn in between and it's ok.

It's not only getting a bunch of toons. Palpatine is a choice, vader is a choice, and both Veers and Magmatroopers are choices.
    Spent all my afternoon and the totality of my credit heist in modding, remodding my characters. That's a real choice knowing how crucial credits are.
    Considering I got yoda with a lvl 55 Luminara and a lvl63 Mace, not well/fully modded, and just a slight level more for Palpatine, I don't see anything logical in all these. More than not getting R2, I don't understand why he burns my toons constantly in spite of weakened potency against high tenacity.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I haven't bothered with Yoda beyond 5* but supposedly that event is super easy and not a good comparison to the R2 event...not to mention Yoda isn't comparable to R2 as a reward.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I got a 7* R2 on my ninth attempt using this team (all level 85):

Veers (lead) - g10
    Vader - g10
    Magma - g9
    Snow - g9
    Death - g9

All had average to good mods except for Veers and Vader who had my best mods. Took out Leia first. Then Han, Luke, and R2. After taking out R2, I was down to Vader, Snow, and Magma, all at low health but the rest was easy because Old Ben and Chewie do not deal a lot of damage.

It's almost as if not knowing I needed Palpatine and/or Thrawn helped me. And I do have a 7* Emperor but he wasn't getting the job done so I swapped him out.

You don't need EP or Thrawn to beat this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to better sub forum.
  • farqs
    116 posts Member
    Without viewing your team its hard to provide accurate advice but if general advice is ok with you relook at your mods - ignore the suggestions from crouching rancor and put your best mods with speed secondaries on Palp. Ideally you want him around 200 speed. Trust me it makes the event much easier. Make sure you have his lightening strike and power of the dark side abilities maxed as you need to get group stuns going.