Territory Battle and War - Guild Leader and Officer Tools Update [MEGA]

Prev13456714
Kyno
32087 posts Moderator
edited October 2017
<<DEV POST>>
CG_Carrie wrote: »
Hello Holotable Heroes!
In a previous post about Territory Battle Cadence and Reward Changes I mentioned that we would be investigating tools for Guild Leaders and Officers that would help make coordination easier for Territory Battles.
We wanted to follow up with you to let you know what those tools are, and when you can expect to see them in the game. These specific tools were determined based on the behaviors we are seeing in Territory Battles and also from collecting numerous points of feedback from our beta testers and from the players in the forums, so thank you for providing it! They will be usable in Territory Battles and the upcoming Territory Wars feature as well and will be released in the Territory Wars update.
515ar4ld1rvh.png

Viewing Player Contributions by Phase: We’ve added leaderboards to “Stats” for tracking more detailed player actions in Territory Battles. These include Territory Points earned, Galactic Power deployed, Combat Missions attempted, and Special Missions attempted per phase. This will allow everyone in the guild to be able to view individual player contribution by phase, instead of simply overall contribution.
4z03bx4g5fic.png

Guild Orders: Leaders/Officers will be able to set orders on each mission to direct their guild to make strategic choices.
  • Missions can be highlighted to draw attention to them
  • Missions can be prohibited. A Guild member can still choose to participate, but receives a warning message that they are participating in a mission that the guild leader has prohibited them from doing and must choose to willingly disobey orders. Players that disobey orders will be tracked in stats under a new leaderboard called "Rogue Actions"
  • A customized message can be written on the details panel for all missions to communicate further information. For example: “Get to two stars and then stop” Up to six of these customized messages can be saved for quick reference.
    Guild Order Notifications: Leaders/Officers will be able to send a push notification and Inbox Message to guild members letting them know that Guild Orders have been changed. This can be used to remind players to do an action.
4bn7kr2yw4s9.png

Contribution Max Lock: Once a territory has reached 3 stars in Territory Battles, players will no longer be able to participate in the deploy and combat missions on that territory. This has been a frequent ask to prevent players from accidentally wasting their potential contribution. Platoon Missions and Special Missions will still be available.
We are excited to see how you are able to improve your guild strategy in Territory Battles with these features, and are planning on sharing more details about the Territory Wars feature very soon.
-Carrie
<<Original Post>>
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Excellent update!
  • YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    'contribution Max lock ' better be an option for officers to lock zones , like in p1 the only zone there will get to 3* with only a few members , which leaves others at zero score.
  • Rogue actions. Ha ha thank u guys for listening to people this will definitely help and also make some officers insufferable in the process. Let the accolades and complaining begin.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Lol, now i wont have to compulsively check line every hour
  • I am so freaking pumped for this.. finally! This will make our jobs as officers SO much easier.
    Sirdigbychknczr: Raidmaster of Exiles of Dathomir (998-312-712)
    Always Recruiting new blood! Hpit/NAAT
    mutesaber.com
  • This is a great feature. :)
  • Not to be “that guy”...

These updates are great. But the one we really need is to fix the problem with battles locking up on players mid-TB!

• Question. The mission banners.. are they viewable by people who don't have guild chat? For that matter, are regular guild banners viewable by people who don't have guild chat?

@CG_Carrie, @CG_Kozispoon
    mutesaber.com
  • I’m glad you re doing things to make the officers job much easier. This still doesn’t make Tb fun though. It’s still just a huge time sink and a whole lot of time commitment to a mobile game.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Kyleslater wrote: »
    I’m glad you re doing things to make the officers job much easier. This still doesn’t make Tb fun though. It’s still just a huge time sink and a whole lot of time commitment to a mobile game.

Yeah I hate it when you gotta do stuff to get rewards too
  • I am so freaking pumped for this.. finally! This will make our jobs as officers SO much easier.
    Vala411 wrote: »
    This is a great feature. :)

The accolades
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Not to be “that guy”...

These updates are great. But the one we really need is to fix the problem with battles locking up on players mid-TB!
    Kyleslater wrote: »
    I’m glad you re doing things to make the officers job much easier. This still doesn’t make Tb fun though. It’s still just a huge time sink and a whole lot of time commitment to a mobile game.

The complaining
  • @CG_Carrie @CG_Kozispoon Question on the contribution lock. Does it lift when the entire phase has been 3*d? Personally, I'm shallow, and like to be up there in the Total TB Points Contributed.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Sweet! Thanks you will make my life as an off way easier!
  • Please don’t implement the contribution max lock.

It needs to be optional, to be implemented by officers/leader.

Competition is the only way to keep members engaged in TB in the long run, and the competition for “114 waves completed” is the big one.

Please don’t take this away!!
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Great update! Especially for average guilds with noncommunicative members
  • So after we get 3 stars no one gets to play missions any more? That's dumb. This is basically the removal of content. I like playing the game, even after we 3 star phase 1, I still want to play it if I haven't.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Alarin wrote: »
    Please don’t implement the contribution max lock.

Competition is the only way to keep members engaged in TB in the long run, and the competition for “114 waves completed” is the big one.

If you are 3 starring a phase before the missions are done then your guild is doing it wrong. That’s wasting points. Unless you guys are just so good you don’t need to be efficient to finish everything.

But yes, I agree with this.
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie @CG_Kozispoon Question on the contribution lock. Does it lift when the entire phase has been 3*d? Personally, I'm shallow, and like to be up there in the Total TB Points Contributed.
    This is especially important to me in the case of phase 1 and the ship section of other phases.
  • Officers being able to block people from doing combat missions is not going to go over good. I can only speak for myself but the combat missions is the only part of tb i like. Kinda taking the content away.
  • This covers everything needed, but there is one critical miss in there.

Max contribution should be adjustable to have no lock at all, locked at 3 stars, locked at 2stars locked at 1 star or locked at 0 stars.

Then officers and leaders would have the tools they need.

@CG_Carrie any chance you can make this lock adjustable?
  • These changes are fantastic and will go a long way in making TB kitten-proof. It will also give officers the tools they need to track progress. Great update! Thanks for listening!
  • Officers being able to block people from doing combat missions is not going to go over good. I can only speak for myself but the combat missions is the only part of tb i like. Kinda taking the content away.

It doesn't totally block you.. it gives you an extra flag before you start.. then you get placed on the 'Naughty List'
    At least, that's my understanding
    mutesaber.com
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Hmm... Maybe it is just me but these are not the tools I was looking for.

I want:
    Officer applied Lock to specific platoons from filling
    Officer applied lock to deployment
    In game message board that any officer can change so current directives can be seen at any point/time.

Officer applied means we can lock and then unlock them.

The stats update is good but that is about it.

Your tools do not stop deployment to the wrong territory
    Example if I want the Guild to only deploy south there is nothing stopping them from deploying middle.
  • Flugsvamp
    180 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Edit: Ignore, saw that special missions are still available :)
  • Dramatic improvement.

It would be nice to lock out any contribution at either 0*, 1*, 2* and not just 3*.

But about 97% good and 3% opportunity for improvement.

Thanks for listening.
  • Alarin wrote: »
    Please don’t implement the contribution max lock.

If you are 3 starring a phase before the missions are done then your guild is doing it wrong. That’s wasting points. Unless you guys are just so good you don’t need to be efficient to finish everything.

I agree with @Alarin , I’m thinking it’s more of a factor with the early ship battles where the it gets completed fast.

• If you are 3 starring a phase before the missions are done then your guild is doing it wrong. That’s wasting points. Unless you guys are just so good you don’t need to be efficient to finish everything.

We aren’t doing it wrong. The first 3 days, we are 18/18 and therefore have an overage on all 3 days.

We could ask nobody to deploy until 50/50 combat missions are completed, but this is grossly inefficient and would add to players’ frustrations. Without doing the math, I think even that wouldn’t be enough on days 1 and 2.

Days 4-6 we don’t go 9/9 — so as you say, it shouldn’t be a problem on those days.

My point remains — the battle for 114/114 is the piece of individual competition that makes TB interesting and keeps our members engaged. Taking this away would be a mistake.
  • scuba
    14043 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Another thing... All deployment should be handled by the officers.
    They should be able to take all the guilds undeployed characters and deploy them where they chose. Deployment is a mundane task that should not require the corrdination of 50 players.

So "tools" still need more improvement.
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie @CG_Kozispoon Question on the contribution lock. Does it lift when the entire phase has been 3*d? Personally, I'm shallow, and like to be up there in the Total TB Points Contributed.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, great job! This is definitely going to be useful!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
This discussion has been closed.