Territory Battle and War - Guild Leader and Officer Tools Update [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    We need to be able to see who is at 0. When 48 people have done the special mission, these tools don't make it easier to see who hasn't done the mission.
  • Options
    Moechenche wrote: »
    We need to be able to see who is at 0. When 48 people have done the special mission, these tools don't make it easier to see who hasn't done the mission.

I think this was .... confirmed??? Slated to be released in the next version update.
  • Ugluk199
    295 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I like the new way that Territory Battle contribution is displayed across phases, but I also don’t understand why totals were taken away. These were especially helpful when charting guild members’ contributions.

In addition, across phases it only mentions how many combat missions were attempted, and not how many waves were completed in total. This is important for guild officers and leaders and should not have been removed in the first place. Please bring back the totals and please change individual phases to total missions completed. This will make it so much easier for officers and leaders to track, the newer layout in general is much more confusing.
  • Options
    Ugluk199 wrote: »
    I like the new way that Territory Battle contribution is displayed across phases, but I also don’t understand why totals were taken away. These were especially helpful when charting guild members’ contributions.

In addition, across phases it only mentions how many combat missions were attempted, and not how many waves were completed in total. This is important for guild officers and leaders and should not have been removed in the first place. Please bring back the totals and please change individual phases to total missions completed. This will make it so much easier for officers and leaders to track, the newer layout in general is much more confusing.

The totals are still there.
  • Options
    Some suggestions to improve the new BT statistics:
    -1. Instead of so many panels, why not putting some filters? That way is much easier to navigate through them.
    -2. put players that made nothing.
    Example:
    #50 Mol Eliza: 0 Battles
    That way I dont have to see who are the 49 players that made the battle to see who is the missing player that didn't made them
  • Options
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    For the love of God give us that block thing for raids too. Warn player to wait for a zero damage time and record misbehaving. That would be something tremendous. Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please (with Shrek's cat eyes)

Made some similar suggestions here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1219763/#Comment_1219763

More control in raids would be great.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Options
    After the first TB with the new tools/screens for officers, I have to say they were very helpful. However, there are a couple improvements that could definitely help with the time needed to track things:

1) Include the players with 0 attempts on missions. One of the things Officer may have to do is send reminders for people who havent participated. The current tools help, but still requires managing a spreadsheet/check-off list to see who has completed missions and then figure out who hasnt. If all guild members were listed in the list even those with a 0, it would save Officers a lot of time.

2) After TB is done and you can see the stats tab, include the individual phase information then also so there can be post-TB Officer evaluation using all the stats.

Overall though, great step towards helpful tools for Officers!
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Finity wrote: »
    After the first TB with the new tools/screens for officers, I have to say they were very helpful. However, there are a couple improvements that could definitely help with the time needed to track things:

1) Include the players with 0 attempts on missions. One of the things Officer may have to do is send reminders for people who havent participated. The current tools help, but still requires managing a spreadsheet/check-off list to see who has completed missions and then figure out who hasnt. If all guild members were listed in the list even those with a 0, it would save Officers a lot of time.

2) After TB is done and you can see the stats tab, include the individual phase information then also so there can be post-TB Officer evaluation using all the stats.

Overall though, great step towards helpful tools for Officers!

the 0 has already been confirmed and will be in the final product, this was just the visuals that were rolled out.

I agree about tools being visible and we will have to see if that's going to happen.
  • Options
    • There is no value in continuing activity after your Guild is at three stars in a territory, thus the contribution lock when maxed

@CG_Carrie
    @CG_Kozispoon

I really have to echo the overwhelming feedback on the automatic 3 star lock. As an officer coordinating a 118m GP international guild. The automatic lock just robs a majority of our players from playing a big portion of the game. Make it optional, so officers can lock it if any wasteful contribution really matters. We really don't understand the argument this saves officer times when we are the officers who actually play the game. As it is currently planned, the phase 1 or 2 or even 3 will be automatically locked when those phases requires almost 0 officers involvement for us anyway. The argument such automatic lock saves officer time just doesn't fly. After playing so many TBs, automatically lock a territory at 3 star doesn't really save any officer's time as accidental deployment after 3 star a territory has never happened to my guild. As an officer, we would like to lock a territory before it reach 3 star. You don't have to give us this tool, but putting an automatic lock is just counter-productive. It is a feature no officers like.

• Options
    That's cool that devs released new stats window for TB. Officers can now view all statistic on all phases (deployment, combats). But there is a must have thing to be done - please list in stats window all players who have done ZERO contribution. It will improve officer's life greatly and will show who doesn't participate in a specific phase.

Another thing that can be done better- make stats window wider and make few dropdowns: total contribution, deployment, combats, special missions. Becase navigating using arrows take a lot of time to navigate to need stat. So officer could select what he want to view, for example, combat mission dropdown will have phases 1-6 and it will be easy and quick navigation to everything we need.
  • Options
    +1mil to this

@CG_RyDiggs we need 0 in stats
  • Options
    Mihai29 wrote: »
    +1mil to this

@CG_RyDiggs we need 0 in stats

Like three posts above this it states 0 in stats jas been confirmed for the final release.
  • Options
    When are these tools going to be released? I've seen that people had them for the territory battles just finished but my guild didnt?

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • Options
    TurgonGW wrote: »
    When are these tools going to be released? I've seen that people had them for the territory battles just finished but my guild didnt?

When Territory Wars comes out of Beta and into the main Server.. as stated in the OP.
    Sirdigbychknczr: Raidmaster of Exiles of Dathomir (998-312-712)
    Always Recruiting new blood! Hpit/NAAT
    mutesaber.com
  • Options
    Please add to the deploy / phase list who not made any deploy yet with 0 point! :)

Btw the 3star lock is unnecessary... i dont know what are doing in the others guild but in my guild never was that we already made 3 star and the other territory we didnot make our goal yet /1or2 star/. This will ruin the summary combat wave and TP contribution stats because of the earlier phases!
  • Options
    I stress the topic:

It is very important to know who is with no contribution: it means no missions, no battles, no deployments. I always have to check with my excel file, and it takes a lot of time.

And please put the list in alphabetic order, and let us use filters instead of arrow.

Thanks
  • Options
    Tommy7xyz wrote: »
    I stress the topic:

It is very important to know who is with no contribution: it means no missions, no battles, no deployments. I always have to check with my excel file, and it takes a lot of time.

And please put the list in alphabetic order, and let us use filters instead of arrow.

Thanks
    kampec wrote: »
    Please add to the deploy / phase list who not made any deploy yet with 0 point! :)

Btw the 3star lock is unnecessary... i dont know what are doing in the others guild but in my guild never was that we already made 3 star and the other territory we didnot make our goal yet /1or2 star/. This will ruin the summary combat wave and TP contribution stats because of the earlier phases!

Does anyone read posts before they write their own anymore?
  • Options
    First off, thank you devs for making tools and showing the contributions per phase. This has made it a lot easier for my fellow officers and I to track participation.

I would like to ask for another tool to be added. One of the biggest problems is people deploying in a territory that we don't want work on anymore, for example stop at 2 stars and focus everything to get 3 stars on another one.

Could you add a lock on territories? Like once it hits a certain threshold decided by guild leadership that no other combat missions or deployments can happen? This would make our lives so much easier and make territory battles less stressful for guild officers.

Thanks for all the work so far on making the game better!
  • Options
    Still lacking in tools: the game needs to list each eligible team member for the TB and for each phase, so we can see who is not participating/contributing. Also greatly needed: data dump capabilities assigned to guild officers. This manual screen shots and then manual transfers to spreadsheets to track performance and TP/GP% is nuts. It would be nice for the game to save a set of final stats for the officers for all of the Hoth invasion series of TBs.
  • Options
    And where are our banners for orders?
  • Options
    Jamesm wrote: »

Does anyone read posts before they write their own anymore?

Sadly, not many. One of my pet peeves on most boards. RIF.

• Options
    @CG_Kozispoon thank you so much for this! Can I ask that please please please show all guild members on the phase lists. Not just the ones who contributed, we need to be able yo see who got 0. At the moment I can see that 48 members contributed, but have to manually search to see which 2 haven't contributed. So please make it that all guild member's scores are shown, even if it's a 0.
    Thanks again for everything!
  • Options
    Kyleslater wrote: »
    I’m glad you re doing things to make the officers job much easier. This still doesn’t make Tb fun though. It’s still just a huge time sink and a whole lot of time commitment to a mobile game.

Yeah I hate it when you gotta do stuff to get rewards too

Ok Mr. Exaggerating. TB is probably the one thing that killed the most vet players that weren't whales. If you have a life this game is a pain in the butt to play. TB is too long to play. Especially when you have to play it "strategically". It sucks up time. Waaay too much time. The rewards weren't worth it. Especially with all the mishaps and OP ness of the TB. It needs to be designed better or people will continually drop. I left the game on one of my profiles due to TB. And on the other I'm not even setting foot near it or getting the required troops to play.

It's a repetitive 5 day long of Bull. Many a guild has lost players. So it's more than you gotta do stuff to get rewards.

• stohelit
    149 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    The new officer's commands feature in territory battles/territory wars are an okay start, but they have some problems.

1) Need some way to know which officer did something.
    There should be a listing or log someplace that shows who changed the commands for what. This could show up in the events listing for the particular item, or in the general events area messages, and when a notification is sent to everyone's inbox. Could make it something that only shows for other officers, or with a setting that lets people suppress it.
    Need some way to know who changed things so know who to follow up with. (Ask why they did it, give additional training, remove officer status if necessary, etc.)
    As it is, with no audit trail, and since many of the actions are not easy to check at a glance, one has to click through all the territories/battles/etc. to check to see if anything has happened.

2) Give obvious visual indicator on the map for items which have commands (prohibit, focus, message). People should be able to tell at a glance which areas to work on/not work on. They shouldn't have to click through everything to find out.
    [Edit addition:]
    Where I noticed this is in territory wars. At least in the pre-registration phase, there is no indicator on the map showing priority information for the territories. This sort of information is shown on the map in TB. But it should show in pre-registration in TW (so officers can quickly see what the status is of the setup). [end of Edit]

3) Command messages should be displayed where they are useful.
    The platoons message is displayed before you go into the platoon. So you have to notice it. Read it. Remember what it said. Then go into the platoon. The message should also be displayed in the platoon itself - so I am constantly reminded what it said. (Likewise for deployment messages.)

4) Commands should be applicable to individual platoons. (i.e. Snowfields, platoon 1) not just to the whole platoons section in Snowfields. The point is to be able to forbid access to individual platoons (e.g., snowfields platoon 1 and 2). Controlling access to a whole set of platoons is much less useful.

5) Announcement push messages (in inbox) should include where the item was set, who set it, and the content of any comment that was set. I shouldn't have to go hunt to see where it was and what it says.

Post edited by stohelit on
  • Options
    Also, a 1 button removal of commands/ messaged on part/whole phase. Clicking into each portion to remove them one at a time is tedious.
    WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
    Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

Guild Collaboration Founder: Just Sithed Myself
    Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
    https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/
  • Options
    Zoozs wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon thank you so much for this! Can I ask that please please please show all guild members on the phase lists. Not just the ones who contributed, we need to be able yo see who got 0. At the moment I can see that 48 members contributed, but have to manually search to see which 2 haven't contributed. So please make it that all guild member's scores are shown, even if it's a 0.
    Thanks again for everything!

That's a good point. Would definitely be a nice improvement.
  • Options
    The 0 issue its already there.....good work with that !!!

Now....please review those territory lock....make it optional (maybe someone see a good thing in it) but DON´T penalyse the guys that really wanna play the all feature and can´t because the territories are already at 3*.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Love the update! So glad that officers have the access as well! :)
    Nocifer Deathblade
    Leader and Founder of The Dread Masters
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs @CG_Kozispoon
    the simple answer is to allow leaders + officers to lock at will..
    if they want everyone to deploy the top they can lock the bottom etc surely that can be added instead of the auto lock
  • Options
    Love the changes to stat tracking for participation. Thank you for this, it was direly needed. This was absolute #1 on my wish list as an officer.

On the other hand, the 3* auto-lock is as advertised and feared. We don’t need it, and it prevents some members from participating in early phases.

As others have stated, this feature would be best replaced with a threshold-based lock, set by officers. If this can’t be done, the current auto-lock feature should either be made optional or removed entirely.
This discussion has been closed.