Territory Battle and War - Guild Leader and Officer Tools Update [MEGA]

Replies

• @CG_Carrie will the 3* Lock only apply to character territories? Meaning will this lock not apply to the ship territories seeing as we only have one of those and it wouldn’t really make sense to lock them. Hope you see this, thanks for the great update!
  • I read that update information and think it's great and definitely needed.

As a suggestion - can we (Guild Leaders and Officers) be able to do that across the board - meaning in raids, emailing other members who can't read chat, etc. I would also like to see "rogue actions" tracked for raids, etc.

Thanks!
  • Great updates! Very much appreciated.

The 3* lock is a great fix. I’d echo others about the option to temp lock at lower stars say 1 and 2. As has been said, TB is all about teamwork, everyone gets the same rewards in the end. And there have been a few raids we missed a star or two from coordination issues.
  • This tool is going to be amazing!
  • scuba wrote: »
    Another thing... All deployment should be handled by the officers.
    They should be able to take all the guilds undeployed characters and deploy them where they chose. Deployment is a mundane task that should not require the corrdination of 50 players.

So "tools" still need more improvement.

With all due respect,
    This idea is bad... very bad...
    How does an officer know what team comps each member is trying to use?? If, for example, you deploy my Baze, because a platoon needs it, then I cannot complete the ROLO mission... Officers cannot be expected to control everything like a kindergarten teacher...

One of the challenges of TB is getting the entire guild on the same page.
    Others complaining that locking a phase or battle will hurt individual numbers, need to remember that those numbers are utterly meaningless... If you need to motivate your fellow members by getting 114/114, then get more team players in the guild....
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    and are planning on sharing more details about the Territory Wars feature very soon.
    -Carrie

vader_NOOOO.jpg

Can we get a DS TB first, or hold out on this. All this new content with all these new toons for The Last Jedi that we all know are coming is going to get overwhelming. Can we at least allow Arena to not have payout at a set time to ease on the time constraints or else even more people will be leaving.
  • Good tools. Waiting for them to be released and will give more feedback. Thanks for listening.
  • Can we get the Guild Chat alerts for character upgrades back??? It's an easy way to track who is working on characters that help with TB, and who is working on the wrong ones....
  • @CG_Carrie , in order to make TBs more fun, our guild members are trying to see if they can go 114/114 and we like to give recognition to those people who worked hard on their squads. The lock will ruin this game within the game. The lock should be optional or allow us to lock deployment, but not combat.
  • One thing at a time. This is a great step in the right direction.
  • One thing at a time. This is a great step in the right direction.

First there is complaining that there are no tools. Now they are informing us beforehand of tools to come and still people complain.

Chill out and wait till the tools are there and experience them. Only then give your feedback.
  • We want the same lock up and monitoring system for raids. I want to see who hits before time to phase 4 at tank or who hits multiple times to rancor etc.
  • Ranger78 wrote: »
    One thing at a time. This is a great step in the right direction.

First there is complaining that there are no tools. Now they are informing us beforehand of tools to come and still people complain.

Chill out and wait till the tools are there and experience them. Only then give your feedback.

People are trying to give their feedback. We are just asking to be allowed to create that lock ourselves and remove it when needed. I think people want to be able to lock territories at 1/2/3*, they just want to do that themselves.
  • So sad to see TB get the attention when other past problems still exist. Mainly the 600 counter being off, how leaders/officers cannot make rules for the existing raids. Here are a few other things that really need addressing before TB:
    1. Real Time update of the 600 counter so it is accurate.
    2. Ability to register for a raid so player can at least get the lowest reward, yet not allow any damage to take place for at least 24 hours.
    3. Better in game chat so other apps are not needed for communicating.
  • Guys...it's a start....a good start. Let's just see how this goes and make suggestions as needed. We don't need to be down the devs throats about the next change or why this change isn't enough. Take a breath....
  • @CG_Carrie Thank you for the new toolset. I see some of these new features are going to be good, but I have 2 issues:

• I have no idea why anyone would want to set orders on a mission (maybe for low level guilds?). I think this concept would have been considerably more useful if applied to deployments.
    • Contribution Max Lock is a horrible idea. Instead of locking a territory, it should be prohibited in the same way a combat mission could be prohibited. You are removing people’s ability to play the game in the way they want. We have some members who only complete combat missions late in the phase. If one of them is working hard to get 114/114, you have taken this chance away from them by “locking” the territory. This is a poorly constructed feature. It’s close, but it’s a bad idea in its current form. Let’s put in a different way: Do you expect removing a player's ability to play the game the way they have been playing it to cause more people to enjoy the game more or will it result in more people leaving?
  • origDeathfly
    127 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    deleted - duplicated
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Oblivion_1 wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie , in order to make TBs more fun, our guild members are trying to see if they can go 114/114 and we like to give recognition to those people who worked hard on their squads. The lock will ruin this game within the game. The lock should be optional or allow us to lock deployment, but not combat.

i agree with this.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • @CG_Carrie @CG_Kozispoon
    tell the devs to make a small change to the lockout mechanism at 3 stars to prevent those 'i want to do cm missions' guys by unlocking everything again once 3 stars were hit at all phases of that day. then if your guild is good enough everyone can do everything elsewise your guild will be kept on tracks to be successfull as a guild, as self accomplishent in TB is lesser important then guild accomplishments.

nevertheless, i really like those changes :smile:

• So sad to see TB get the attention when other past problems still exist. Mainly the 600 counter being off, how leaders/officers cannot make rules for the existing raids. Here are a few other things that really need addressing before TB:
    1. Real Time update of the 600 counter so it is accurate.
    2. Ability to register for a raid so player can at least get the lowest reward, yet not allow any damage to take place for at least 24 hours.
    3. Better in game chat so other apps are not needed for communicating.

All your points are valid. But at this point it's just not going to happen. For those that exclusively use in game chat you are incredible.
    For the 600 counter let's just abolish tickets. Let us run the raids that correlate with all 50 getting their 600. Or just 3 haats 4 hpits etc. Let officers and leaders set it up how they want. 3 ffa haats or spread out over time.
  • Great stuff! Love it. More to come, I expect. Keep on rockin.
  • Chickenbottom
    6 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie @CG_Kozispoon Question on the contribution lock. Does it lift when the entire phase has been 3*d? Personally, I'm shallow, and like to be up there in the Total TB Points Contributed.

Not only that, but what use is the waves attempted report if someone is unable to attempt because phase 1 is 3* within an hour.
    I hope the devs come up with a way to specify attempted / available. Because now available won't be a hard 114 anymore.
    But 99% of the changes are awesome for sure!!!
  • ""Contribution Max Lock: Once a territory has reached 3 stars in Territory Battles, players will no longer be able to participate in the deploy and combat missions on that territory. ""

Horrible idea. Let it be a toggle for a guild leader/officer to lock down a territory at a given star level if they choose.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Hmm... Maybe it is just me but these are not the tools I was looking for.

I want:
    Officer applied Lock to specific platoons from filling
    Officer applied lock to deployment
    In game message board that any officer can change so current directives can be seen at any point/time.

Officer applied means we can lock and then unlock them.

The stats update is good but that is about it.

Your tools do not stop deployment to the wrong territory
    Example if I want the Guild to only deploy south there is nothing stopping them from deploying middle.

This. We need all of this!!
  • And side note... if the contribution lock isn't an optional thing, this will inadvertently confuse thousands of players. Players who might not contribute regularly will click on phase 1 for example and see that they can't suddenly do anything. They would lose more motivation to contribute than they already have.

However, their needs to be an optional contribution lock that we can put on any territory in any phase at any star level. This would make it easier to make sure that members aren't wasting points on a territory that can't get higher with our current potential.
  • We need the option to let officers set the banner message. And also actually send an order through guild email, not just an email to check ANOTHER place for a message.

Also let us lock platoons. I swear, if a platoon has a 6 star Logray or some other character we don't have, it's some kind of magnet that gets every goober to throw every useful toon in it.

This is a good start however.
  • Drake23 wrote: »
    Pls don't lock a territory after reaching 3 stars, every guild member should have the chance to do his battles and have fun in this game.

Who are these alleged guild members who actually like manually battling 18 waves of the same enemies every day?
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    So I'm not allowed play TB if I'm late because some people have been deploying incorrectly and complaining about their own mistake.... Great, thanks
  • Good steps but I would like to suggest the following

1) Lock platoons. People waste toons on platoon on tiers that can not be finished. Officers should be able to lock out specific sections.

2) Allow combat in 3 star section but not deploy. I understand the idea of not allow people to deploy but if if 3 star phase lock combat missions, tracking information would be off.

• Bossk_Hogg wrote: »
    We need the option to let officers set the banner message. And also actually send an order through guild email, not just an email to check ANOTHER place for a message.

Also let us lock platoons. I swear, if a platoon has a 6 star Logray or some other character we don't have, it's some kind of magnet that gets every goober to throw every useful toon in it.

This is a good start however.

Agree on both...never fails that the most rare toons end up in the most useless spots.

This discussion has been closed.