Territory Battle and War - Guild Leader and Officer Tools Update [MEGA]

Replies

• <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
    Thank You!
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
  • I think this is great. Everything we have been asking for. Now about the timeline of when we are getting it ...
  • scuba wrote: »
    Hmm... Maybe it is just me but these are not the tools I was looking for.

I want:
    Officer applied Lock to specific platoons from filling
    Officer applied lock to deployment
    In game message board that any officer can change so current directives can be seen at any point/time.

Officer applied means we can lock and then unlock them.

The stats update is good but that is about it.

Your tools do not stop deployment to the wrong territory
    Example if I want the Guild to only deploy south there is nothing stopping them from deploying middle.

Exactly, combat is easy to coordinate.
    Do all combats.
    Deployment is the much,much bigger issue.
    How about a message "WARNING you are deploying to wrong zone"
    That's what we need
  • Goober1_
    472 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Opps
  • lock the territory after 3* is just removing some content. we want to experiment.
    Id say this : lock it auto after 3*, but the guild Leader and officers should have option to UNLOCK IT. thats it. therefore, people won't deploy where they dont need, and people can still practice if officers allow it.

@CG_Carrie @CG_Kozispoon
  • PremierVenoth
    2285 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Ronoaldo wrote: »
    For the love of God give us that block thing for raids too. Warn player to wait for a zero damage time and record misbehaving. That would be something tremendous. Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please (with Shrek's cat eyes)

OMG - this, I agree with this. With the rogues listed on the wall of shame for all time...

EDIT - Also, this is a great update. All of it. Up to and including the lockout. I whole heartedly endorse the whole thing. Way bigger chance of me holding off until the next day now.

@CG_Carrie - I know you got hit with a few people on here - can the push notifications be used for anything else? Raids, basic guild news, etc?
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    Thanks for listening!
  • Thank you!!!!

Hope all these tools to be available soon!

giphy.gif

• Ranger78 wrote: »
    First there is complaining that there are no tools. Now they are informing us beforehand of tools to come and still people complain.

Chill out and wait till the tools are there and experience them. Only then give your feedback.

Well... we know this particular (locking all CM/deployment in a 3* territory) tool is both not what we were asking for (we asked for officers to be able to lock-not auto locked), and as many of us have said, counter-intuitive (don't play the game that's meant to be played). So, why not give that feedback now so they can adjust?
  • I’m trying to figure out who would be requesting these features. We can break these tools into 4 features: Phase Contributions View, Guild Orders, Guild Order Notifications, and Contribution Max Lock. If I assume that the notifications are only applicable to the guild orders as discussed, the only feature that I’m remotely interested in is the Phase Contributions View, but we already collect all of that data. I think Guild Orders on combat missions is useless which makes any notification of this equally as good (if you change it to apply only to deployments, I’m completely onboard). And as a lot of people have said, Contribution Max Lock is a horrible idea if it is automatic and can’t be bypassed. I just don't understand anyone's desire for 3/4 of these features.

There have been a lot of people on here saying how great these features are and I don’t understand. Here’s what I’d like to know:
    - Do you run your guild’s TB?
    - What is the rough GP of your guild (you can round to nearest 5-10mil)?
    - Roughly what percentage of your guild participates in TB?
    I can see a lot of guilds being interested in Phase Contributions View, but I don’t understand who would be requesting the rest of this or think it's great.

Please let me know.
  • I’m trying to figure out who would be requesting these features. We can break these tools into 4 features: Phase Contributions View, Guild Orders, Guild Order Notifications, and Contribution Max Lock. If I assume that the notifications are only applicable to the guild orders as discussed, the only feature that I’m remotely interested in is the Phase Contributions View, but we already collect all of that data. I think Guild Orders on combat missions is useless which makes any notification of this equally as good (if you change it to apply only to deployments, I’m completely onboard). And as a lot of people have said, Contribution Max Lock is a horrible idea if it is automatic and can’t be bypassed. I just don't understand anyone's desire for 3/4 of these features.

There have been a lot of people on here saying how great these features are and I don’t understand. Here’s what I’d like to know:
    - Do you run your guild’s TB?
    - What is the rough GP of your guild (you can round to nearest 5-10mil)?
    - Roughly what percentage of your guild participates in TB?
    I can see a lot of guilds being interested in Phase Contributions View, but I don’t understand who would be requesting the rest of this or think it's great.

Please let me know.

41* Guild, close to 110M GP, full participation, yes I help run our TB team, and I asked for *some* of these tools. Basically, we asked for a bunch of things, and they played a game of telephone with it and gave us versions of what we asked for.
    Here's the thread: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/134820/tb-officers-tools/p1
  • 21* guild, 45M GP, about 85% participation. Messages on platoons and combat missions are definitely useful for us. Some phases we do best if people ignore combat in certain territories after we hit one star there. And I'm not a spreadsheet guy so the phase contributions view is very useful. The guild order notifications I'd like to see implemented before I pass judgement on how useful it is.

The max lock I can see being annoying, though it doesn't apply to us since we're not getting 3* anywhere yet.
  • 90m GP. 100% participation. Best is 37*. I run TB for our guild but thinking of giving up running TB at all now. It doesn't seem to be worth the effort any more. We are going to end up having to tell people not to deploy so people who do want to do the combat missions can, and then all madly panic at the end of the working day to deploy.
    This update hasn't convinced me to change my mind at all and I think it may make things harder.
    What I would have liked to do is to be able to lock platoons and squadrons so those with OCD don't deploy where we can't complete them.
    We still have to use other tools to organise it.
    It's good to recognise an update is needed but I don't think this is what any organised guild wanted.
  • 60M, 26* Guild. 90-95% participation.

Herding cats is an understatement. These tools are a great GREAT first step.. the 3* total lockout is the only one I'm wary of.. and I'd like to see an optional lock at 1/2/3*. Otherwise, still SUPER stoked.
    Sirdigbychknczr: Raidmaster of Exiles of Dathomir (998-312-712)
    Always Recruiting new blood! Hpit/NAAT
    mutesaber.com
  • Biggest solution for the lock out at 3 stars. Make it so that we can get a 4th star. After all parts of a phase are 3 starred, the guild can earn a special 4th star if they can get "X" amount of points.
  • But more seriously the amounts needed to earn each star need to increase as more characters are added to the game, more gear levels, and even levels in general. Otherwise in a few months TB will be too easy. It should scale with new characters, gear, abilities, and levels.
  • But more seriously the amounts needed to earn each star need to increase as more characters are added to the game, more gear levels, and even levels in general. Otherwise in a few months TB will be too easy. It should scale with new characters, gear, abilities, and levels.

Sure, after they scale Pit and Haat.
  • origDeathfly
    127 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm not sure how long you guys have been around, but this isn't a first step... it's a check in the box. (Kind of like we've had 1 quality of life update). If you say this is great, they aren't going to fix anything else.

I think some of you may be missing what the Guild notifications say. They are based on the Orders you can give... it doesn't say anything past that. So, you'll be able to notify members which CMs to hit/not hit, and for Macattack9, I could see this being useful for a very small number of guilds.

"Leaders/Officers will be able to send a push notification and Inbox Message to guild members letting them know that Guild Orders have been changed" Doesn't say that you will be able to enter free-form text that a lot of you (including myself) would like.

If guild orders don't include territory deployments, I doubt they are going be useful for the vast majority of guilds.

Contribution Max Lock is still a horrible idea if it is automatic and can’t be bypassed or otherwise controlled by officers.
  • 60M, 26* Guild. 90-95% participation.

Herding cats is an understatement. These tools are a great GREAT first step.. the 3* total lockout is the only one I'm wary of.. and I'd like to see an optional lock at 1/2/3*. Otherwise, still SUPER stoked.

Your guild stats are the same as mine. I agree with everything you posted.
  • Yj9Xe2A.gif
    IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I'm not sure how long you guys have been around, but this isn't a first step... it's a check in the box. (Kind of like we've had 1 quality of life update). If you say this is great, they aren't going to fix anything else.

I think some of you may be missing what the Guild notifications say. They are based on the Orders you can give... it doesn't say anything past that. So, you'll be able to notify members which CMs to hit/not hit, and for Macattack9, I could see this being useful for a very small number of guilds.

"Leaders/Officers will be able to send a push notification and Inbox Message to guild members letting them know that Guild Orders have been changed" Doesn't say that you will be able to enter free-form text that a lot of you (including myself) would like.

If guild orders don't include territory deployments, I doubt they are going be useful for the vast majority of guilds.

Contribution Max Lock is still a horrible idea if it is automatic and can’t be bypassed or otherwise controlled by officers.

Right, so... I started playing a month after launch I think? Much less time here on the forums admittedly.
    This is why we give the feedback. They've announced things, then because of the pushback, made adjustments (24 hour phases for TB for example). So, these are a good step. I like many of the things they've announced as they stand. But there are some things that DON'T work, and here's hoping they listen to this feedback and adjust. They're saying this update drops with Guild Wars, and since we have no drop date for that, I'm hoping they have time to tweak these things to our requests.
    We use discord for our communications, and as you've pointed out (as did I and several other folk) that push notification isn't helpful if it doesn't actually say what the order is. The auto lock at 3* doesn't work for anyone here as far as I read. Needs to be officer controlled like opening a raid.
    Other than those two issues, I do think the other tools are very helpful (maybe not for our guild at 41*, but certainly for less communicative/organized guilds) for the community. It's a big step and I'm grateful for it. Some have missed the mark a bit, and I wished they'd taken us up on that thread I posted about communicating with guild leaders/officers directly so we could have made this point earlier, but again, really appreciate the step and help.
  • meh. nice, but overall not worthwhile.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/dorianblade Discord: DorianBlade#6090 Ally: 547-174-177
  • I do administer our TB. We have about 45M character GP and get 30*'ish per TB.

I do not want the territory to auto-lock at 3* because I want all guild members to be able to participate at their maximum fidelity even if everything is maxed. I don't want to lead into a "lazy excess" mentality where some members stop actively engaging in TB because they typically play at the end of the phase window and now everything is locked down, platoons are full, and they can't "do anything". I also want all members actively using their teams.
  • Viserys wrote: »
    I do administer our TB. We have about 45M character GP and get 30*'ish per TB.

I do not want the territory to auto-lock at 3* because I want all guild members to be able to participate at their maximum fidelity even if everything is maxed. I don't want to lead into a "lazy excess" mentality where some members stop actively engaging in TB because they typically play at the end of the phase window and now everything is locked down, platoons are full, and they can't "do anything". I also want all members actively using their teams.

Im in a 95k GP guild and we all need to participate by Phase 4 to be able to get the best amount of stars, this won't bring in laziness but will take some of the pressure of the guild in the early stages of TB.
  • How about a tool that stops this from happening?
    https://youtu.be/e4pYGXZtmZo
  • How about a tool that stops this from happening?
    https://youtu.be/e4pYGXZtmZo

absolutely.

• sho
    39 posts Member
    Nice job on updates devs... but some ppl above stated the obvius... anyhow, thank you:)
  • I'm fine with locking out a territory once it gets to 3 stars. If anything, it will create competition in our guild for guild mates who want to be on the leader board for most waves completed and territory points contributed.
    As a guild officer who helps coordinate TBs, I'm fine with not having to do combat missions in phases 1 and 2 because others do their missions before I do. Lol, its less stuff for me to worry about doing.
  • QoL update incoming?
    These improvememnts are great, thanks CG.
  • Viserys wrote: »

THIS
This discussion has been closed.