Territory Battle and War - Guild Leader and Officer Tools Update [MEGA]

Replies

• [*] Dedicating Guild member deployments solely to officers would again drive up time commitment of officers exponentially. Territory battles is intended to reward the efforts of all Guild members and we’ll continue looking for ways to reward and enhance guild wide efforts.
    [/list].

Dedicating deployments to officers would absolutely not cause exponential growth in their time commitment.
  • I'm heavily involved in our guild's TB coordination. I appreciate the efforts here, but some of these design choices are not helpful. Please accept this feedback.
    There is no value in continuing activity after your Guild is at three stars in a territory, thus the contribution lock when maxed.
    Locking a territory at 3 stars provides guilds a clearer picture of effective contributions vs general engagement. It does so by limiting a player’s ability to climb stat leaderboards after a territory is already completed.
    This will have the opposite effect! It's going to devalue contributions of members in different timezones and give a fuzzier picture of real participation. If a territory needs to be locked to direct GP to another, let the officers make that call.
    We made the call not to let officers lock at one, two stars. We feel the coordination to lock/unlock Territories at specific times drives Guild Officers time commitment up significantly.
    As many others have noted, this again would have exactly the opposite effect. Anyone who's coordinated a TB would understand the value in setting star caps according to the phase gameplan, which should be clear before the phase starts.

• @CG_Kozispoon as an officer in an 87m GP 36* semi-casual guild, I can't stress enough that I disagree with pretty much everything you said.

Where I spend time in TB in order
    1. Platoons. Both in figuring out what can be filled and then in reminding people that platoons require 27 Wedges, and that while there are 48 Wedges in the guild, we need as many as can be missed too go into platoons. But make sure you can miss them and still have enough functional combat teams!!!
    2. Reminding guildies not to do combat before the bombardment is hindered.
    3. Badgering ppl to do their combat missions
    4. Telling people where to deploy

Please don't create tools that make #3 harder. We're already running into ppl getting tired with TB. Putting in forced blocks on the times they actually do want to contribute, however pointless it may be, is only going to make that worse.

And worrying about people misallocating combat teams to 3* territories is really really really far down on my list of things to worry about.
  • Morning and happy Monday folks!

Thank you for all your helpful replies, feedback, and discussion regarding what we have in store for Territory Wars going forward. Noting feedback of time commitments, we wanted to expand on a couple points:
    • There is no value in continuing activity after your Guild is at three stars in a territory, thus the contribution lock when maxed.

There is a value, if nothing else than to the individual. I know there are lots of complaints about combat in TB, but I actually do enjoy doing the fights (for the most part). There's a reason that when my guild 3* P1 in 30 minutes, I still do the fights -- I'm not chasing 114/114 (though that's a perfectly admirable goal), but I do like having the option to partake in the gameplay.
    [*] Even though a territory can be locked, Platoon Missions and Special Missions will still be available to Guild members.
    [*] Locking a territory at 3 stars provides guilds a clearer picture of effective contributions vs general engagement. It does so by limiting a player’s ability to climb stat leaderboards after a territory is already completed.

I'm pretty sure anybody with half a brain understands that once you have 3 stars, adding points doesn't help. What people don't seem to understand is that for certain territories, deploying there doesn't help because we can't make up the gap from 2 stars to 3, whereas in the other relevant territory we can.
    [*] We made the call not to let officers lock at one, two stars. We feel the coordination to lock/unlock Territories at specific times drives Guild Officers time commitment up significantly.

Not sure how many people on the dev team are TB coordinating officers in guilds in the game, but (as the plethora of responses on this thread demonstrate), this "feeling" is wrong. It's SIGNIFICANTLY more time consuming to have to constantly look to determine when we have to switch deployments from center to bottom, or vice-versa, and to determine how much someone screwing up may have set us back. The lock/unlock at one or two stars would take what we are already doing, and make it much easier by simply going in and setting a lock at the beginning, and then whenever we are satisfied, taking the lock off (or not).

• Goober1_
    472 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Thanks to devs so much for help on deployment.
    Will make our job way easier
    Too everyone,
    Guys if there is a message that says
    " stop you are doing the wrong thing "
    And member does it anyways.
    BOOT THEM
  • Sirdigbychknczr
    200 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Goober1_ wrote: »
    Guys if there is a message that says
    " stop you are doing the wrong thing "
    And member does it anyways.
    BOOT THEM
    Why would I shoot my guild in the foot removing someone who probably made a mistake, lose access to all their GP, their raid contributions, gear contributions, and probably friendship..
    Maybe you're in a big name guild that has people lined up to join, but most of us aren't.. recruiting is a joke, the effort to replace someone like that would far outweigh the minor inconvenience of a mishap in a TB.

My guild, far from the norm I'm sure, is mostly comprised of people who have been playing together for years.. we're friends from another SW game that went under a year or so ago, we're from all around the world, many of us are friends on FB and other game platforms.. but even then.. communication is hard, maybe the coordinator (usually me) isn't online right now.. mistakes get made.. but I'm absolutely not gonna kick someone who I consider a real friend out of the guild for a simple mess up. In fact.. if history shows anything in our guild, getting kicked out is **** near impossible unless you just stop logging in for a month.
    Sirdigbychknczr: Raidmaster of Exiles of Dathomir (998-312-712)
    Always Recruiting new blood! Hpit/NAAT
    mutesaber.com
  • Morning and happy Monday folks!

Thank you for all your helpful replies, feedback, and discussion regarding what we have in store for Territory Wars going forward. Noting feedback of time commitments, we wanted to expand on a couple points:
    • There is no value in continuing activity after your Guild is at three stars in a territory, thus the contribution lock when maxed.

So many people want to practice and have fun WHEN THEY WANT TO. By flat out locking this many people will be discouraged to practice and work and overall have fun. Plus many want the 114 waves which is no longer possible.
    [*] We made the call not to let officers lock at one, two stars. We feel the coordination to lock/unlock Territories at specific times drives Guild Officers time commitment up significantly.

I fully disagree, this will drive me time requirements up. Now I have to write more notes on each battle, lock each battle, send notes, track who still did battles, etc. Instead of one of the officers sees the last star or given a heads up by a member, lock done ignore. So much less time.
    [*] Dedicating Guild member deployments solely to officers would again drive up time commitment of officers exponentially. Territory battles is intended to reward the efforts of all Guild members and we’ll continue looking for ways to reward and enhance guild wide efforts.

Again this would drive my time requirements down. Now instead of trying to track who deployed, who needs to deploy what territory is where. Log in near end, deploy as needed. Done. 5 min and im done instead of 30 min or an hour constantly checking in to see if people have deployed.

I whole hardly disagree with pretty much the entire thing as well. The new tools will help track who has done what but will do absolutely nothing to reduce the time requirements. In some ways they will increase it. Please at least let choose when to lock down territories.

• It's not a mishap, they will see warning before they do it. If a person purposely goes against instructions they can't say " I didn't know "
    Also recruitment is easy.
    I guess according to your guild gp level.
    But at 95 millon it's NOTHING
  • Sirdigbychknczr
    200 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Goober1_ wrote: »
    Also recruitment is easy.
    I guess according to your guild gp level.
    But at 95 millon it's NOTHING

Must be nice. But clearly everyone, I'd even say the majority, is not in the same boat as you.
    mutesaber.com
  • I really am not sure.
    Is 2 million gp average high?
    We get 38*
    I know that's a little above average but not way over?
  • It's funny, probably the biggest thing the devs could have done if they wanted to help guild officers, is fixing the daily ticket tracker, which has been broken for well over a year now...
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Easy fix for daily ticket tracking.
    For any 30k per day guild it's simple.
    Anytime someone missed 600 they get kick and invited back.
    This keeps EVERYONE lifetime ticket in a multiple of 600
  • Acrofales wrote: »
    Acrofales wrote: »
    Looks good!

As others have mentioned, please rethink the contribution lock. Make it "clever", so it only locks if there is still somewhere else to use those toons. Also, give officers to do this, or at least unlock combat again. No need to lock combat if we know those TP won't help us win a star in the other territory.

More importantly, this doesn't seem to help with platoons. Platoons usually require high level of math to figure out what combinations of Lobot and ewoks we should fill to max it out as best we can. I was hoping for a tool to see ingame what swgoh.gg gives us: an overview of how many, and who can fill that slot. And especially, a way of blocking particular platoons from being filled. The guild leader block mentions it at mission level. Not at individual platoon level.

Oh, and one more thing.

@CG_Carrie will the stats be viewable after TB is over? It's really irritating to have to screenshot everything at the last moment of P6...

Stats are viewable after it has ended. Navigate to where it shows the countdown timer for the next TB, and press the stats tab in the upper right corner.
  • Goober1_ wrote: »
    Easy fix for daily ticket tracking.
    For any 30k per day guild it's simple.
    Anytime someone missed 600 they get kick and invited back.
    This keeps EVERYONE lifetime ticket in a multiple of 600

So very much not the point.
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    It's funny, probably the biggest thing the devs could have done if they wanted to help guild officers, is fixing the daily ticket tracker, which has been broken for well over a year now...

Why is this so important?
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    It's funny, probably the biggest thing the devs could have done if they wanted to help guild officers, is fixing the daily ticket tracker, which has been broken for well over a year now...

Why is this so important?

some guilds require individuals to maximize their contribution each day so they can run raids as often as possible, tracking who doesn't make that limit is tedious at best.. we have a tool in game, but it doesn't accurately report totals.

its an optional workload that higher grind guilds have imposed on themselves.
    mutesaber.com
  • Yeah I know the tool and it is close enough where u can tell if they are near enough. So basically it is wanted to boot players from guilds faster
  • It's totally unnecessary, 600 tracking can be done a few ways without a spreadsheet
  • A simple suggestion:
    How about you better enable your players to build their own tools for organizing TBs? All I want is a small button somewhere that would copy all the required platoon members to my clipboard, in some simple format like CSV or tab-delimited. Then I can paste that into other tools to better organize platoon contributions. Requires very little dev time from you, enables your players to help.
  • It bores me. I just auto it. If i get 1/6 so be it. Too many waves. After 1 wave. Im done. Rewards are mediocre. I dont mind the tokens. But dont bother with that crapy raid we got 1000s of. Im 2.5mil gp. Only got 1 gear 12 toon. Haa. But means nothing, to me. Its just to long, for nothing.
  • will this be implemented before the next TB? @CG_Kozispoon
  • The more voices the stronger the message...

Locking territories at 1 and 2 stars IS the requested functionality officers requested. This is the part that will save us time and better coordinate.

Locking players from participating after 3* discourages participation and testing of teams/measuring progress for some.
  • Ugluk199 wrote: »
    will this be implemented before the next TB? @CG_Kozispoon

Next TB is a couple of days.. So I would guess no.. and the original post said it would be implemented with Territory Wars (the Guild v Guild), which honestly.. I expect around the 2yr anniversary.
    mutesaber.com
  • [*] We made the call not to let officers lock at one, two stars. We feel the coordination to lock/unlock Territories at specific times drives Guild Officers time commitment up significantly.

With All due respect this is the most insane response i have ever seen in my life.

Your point is that, its too much work for an officer to lock a territory at a certain star level, but its not too much work for us to communicate with 50 people and harrass them to remember that it is supposed to be locked, and to log in constantly to ensure everyone is doing as they should and to constantly recalculate whether the star goal is achievable?

Letting officers choose where a phase gets locked lessens our workload it does not increase it. thats like saying driving a car is more complicated than walking so you will save us effort by making us walk everywhere and not use the car you just bought..... SMH

Please reconsider this, your killing us here with your "kindness"
  • Sparrow wrote: »

With All due respect this is the most insane response i have ever seen in my life.

Your point is that, its too much work for an officer to lock a territory at a certain star level, but its not too much work for us to communicate with 50 people and harrass them to remember that it is supposed to be locked, and to log in constantly to ensure everyone is doing as they should and to constantly recalculate whether the star goal is achievable?

Letting officers choose where a phase gets locked lessens our workload it does not increase it. thats like saying driving a car is more complicated than walking so you will save us effort by making us walk everywhere and not use the car you just bought..... SMH

+50
  • Krwind
    54 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Truth is that the devs do not understand TB as they aren't involved in the game like we are, or in a guild like we are, in the situation like we are. All they have are our words and they then assume after their internal testing in that these are the solutions we need.

If they truly want to understand what a mess TB is for the officers, they need to just get off their behind join a 70 to 80m GP guild for a month. the amount of insight and clarity gained from doing so will amaze themselves
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    @Goober1_ You do know that lifetime tickets is also bugged right? If anything happens with the connection rigth after a person have simmed, the simmed energy doesn’t count in lifetime either
    Edit: example, like when the mobile device switch from wifi to cellular or cellular to wifi
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • I thought the lifetime ticket counter was accurate.
    That's what we use, what else can you go by?
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Krwind wrote: »
    Truth is that the devs do not understand TB as they aren't involved in the game like we are, or in a guild like we are, in the situation like we are. All they have are our words and they then assume after their internal testing in that these are the solutions we need.

If they truly want to understand what a mess TB is for the officers, they need to just get off their behind join a 70 to 80m GP guild for a month. the amount of insight and clarity gained from doing so will amaze themselves

Agreed.
  • Sparrow wrote: »

+50

+100
This discussion has been closed.