Send help please! My phone's about to meet the wall

OrionWinterstar
0 posts Member
edited October 2017
I've tried at least 50 rounds against that crazy astromech droid and I'm SO frustrated. Last time my TFP was only 6*, but I got him leveled and more geared up for this round and thought my empire crew was ready enough. I have been seriously looking forward to this event for quite a while!

I'm running g10 EP (L), g10 Zader, g9 Tarkin, g9 TFP, and g8 RG. I was hoping to get RG to 9, but I'm short about 11 mk3 holoprojectors and the drop rate has been absolutely terrible for them today. I've been targeting R2 but it just hasn't worked.

I've been playing with mods all day trying to figure this out and can't even remember what I've done. I've made a mess of my squad mods. Tried some of crouchingrancor's suggestions but nope. My mods aren't great, but I hoped they would be decent enough to make it work.

I fell behind last go-round and couldn't get R2 and CLS thanks to TFP and farmboy Luke, so I've been trying to get ready and waiting, and now it all feels totally futile. I've played since launch and this is the first time that I'm actually wanting to be done with this game.

I guess I'm mostly venting but if someone does want to provide some mentoring to this lost padawan, that'd be cool and I would really appreciate it!!

http://swgoh.gg/u/orionwinterstar
swgoh.gg/u/orionwinterstar
Post edited by OrionWinterstar on

Replies

• Options
    The game is rigged to limit the number of people who get R2, it’s ridiculous
  • Options
    I did it with a similar team, just thrawn over tarkin. I actually took out han first. Vader and palps AoE took out luke and lei while i targeted r2. Saved chewy for last.

I also used palps let the hate flow special on his first turn.
  • Options
    12parsecs wrote: »
    The game is rigged to limit the number of people who get R2, it’s ridiculous

Excuse me sir u forgot your tin foil hat
  • Options
    I've tried at least 50 rounds against that crazy astromech droid and I'm SO frustrated. Last time my TFP was only 6*, but I got him leveled and more geared up for this round and thought my empire crew was ready enough. I have been seriously looking forward to this event for quite a while!

I'm running g10 EP (L), g10 Zader, g9 Tarkin, g9 TFP, and g8 RG. I was hoping to get RG to 9, but I'm short about 11 mk3 holoprojectors and the drop rate has been absolutely terrible for them today. I've been targeting R2 but it just hasn't worked.

I've been playing with mods all day trying to figure this out and can't even remember what I've done. I've made a mess of my squad mods. Tried some of crouchingrancor's suggestions but nope. My mods aren't great, but I hoped they would be decent enough to make it work.

I fell behind last go-round and couldn't get R2 and CLS thanks to TFP and farmboy Luke, so I've been trying to get ready and waiting, and now it all feels totally futile. I've played since launch and this is the first time that I'm actually wanting to be done with this game.

I guess I'm mostly venting but if someone does want to provide some mentoring to this lost padawan, that'd be cool and I would really appreciate it!!

http://swgoh.gg/u/orionwinterstar

Play w the order in which u start it and it is doable. I put it on auto to see how th a.i. Works
  • Options
    The suggestion for me (from another thread) that worked was getting high level potency mods on Tarkin.
  • Options
    I did with a similar ream but snow instead of Vader. Average mods. Omega on EP specials.
    Took out Han, Leia, Luke, R2 and then the last two
  • Options
    Need speed I had my tfp over 230 speed he went as much as r2
  • Options
    I did it with almost the same exact team but I had Thrawn over TFP. My TFP isn't ready yet. I used Zader lead, put all 4 and 5 dot health mods on everybody but Vader and crushed it. Unfortunately I think Fracture is needed to keep R2 in check.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I'm running g10 EP (L), g10 Zader, g9 Tarkin, g9 TFP, and g8 RG.

I have to assume your mods are the problem. I did it with g8 EP (L), g9 Vader (no zeta), g8 Tarkin, g8 TFP, and g8 RG. Exact same team but worse gear and no zeta.

EDIT: Apparently exact same team as above poster, right down to the gear levels, except I have some omegas.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Forget R2. You need to kill Han, Luke and Leia ASAP or they will beat you senseless.

I get how R2s stuns and burning is a pain, but the gunslinging trio needs to be dispatched quickly.

And you need as much speed as possible from mods. Lots!

PS: Remeber that the tier 7 rebels are immune to TM manipulation.