New Phoenix Zeta's Ranked

SolariJedi
138 posts Member
edited October 2017
I recently started using Phoenix In GW, and I thoroughly enjoy their synergy! Most of their new zeta abilities and meant for use within a full Phoenix Squad, but I have noticed some of them might be very useful with other rebels/jedi. I know I should be thinking about the future DS TB and looking to bolster that side of my roster, but I really like using phoenix and am considering my next zeta ability for one of them.

So my question is: of the Five new Zeta's given to Phoenix, what order would you put them in for not only usefulness within P.S. but also synergistically in other squads?

In case you forgot, here is the original post from CG_Kozispoon
Phoenix Zeta & Omega Changes
Abilities

Hera - Play to Strengths
  • ZETA Upgrade: +25% Potency and dispel all debuffs, reduce cooldowns by 1 and grants 50% Turn Meter if target is Phoenix
  • Final Ability Text: Call another target ally to Assist. That ally’s attack has +50% Potency and deal 35% more damage. If target ally is Phoenix, Dispel all debuffs, reduce their cooldowns by 1, and grants 50% Turn Meter.

Kanan - Total Defense
  • ZETA Upgrade: Dispel all debuffs on Phoenix allies, grant Kanan and target ally Foresight for 2 turns and Defense Up to all Phoenix allies for 3 turns, and when each Foresight expires Kanan gains 100% Turn Meter and other Phoenix gains 50% Turn Meter.
  • Final Ability Text: Kanan Dispels all debuffs from Phoenix allies, grants himself and target ally Foresight and Protection Up (40%) for 2 turns. Also grants all Phoenix allies Defense Up for 3 turns. Kanan gains 100% Turn Meter when each Foresight expires and other Phoenix allies gain 50% Turn Meter.

Sabine - Demolish
  • ZETA Upgrade: +15% bonus damage for each active Phoenix ally, Stagger all enemies, grants all Phoenix allies Offense Up and Critical Chance Up for 2 turns, and Expose target enemy, then inflict additional Expose on random enemy for each other active Phoenix ally, reduce cooldown of Demolish by 2 if this attack scores a Critical Hit.
  • Final Ability Text: Deal Physical damage and inflict Stagger to all enemies for 2 turns. Grants all Phoenix allies Offense Up and Critical Chance Up for 2 turns. Expose target enemy and inflict additional Exposes on random enemies for each other active Phoenix ally. This attack can’t be Countered or Evaded and deals +15% bonus damage for each active Phoenix ally. If this attack scores a Critical Hit, reduce Sabine’s cooldowns by 2.

Ezra - Flourish
  • ZETA Upgrade: +50% Damage, +25% Turn Meter Gain and gains Defense Up for 2 turns.
  • Final Ability Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Dispel all buffs on them. If the enemy had no buffs, this attack’s cooldown is reduced by 1 and Ezra gains 75% Turn Meter instead. Ezra gains Defense up for 2 turns.

Zeb - Staggering Sweep
  • ZETA Upgrade: Cooldown -1, +75% Bonus Damage and +20% bonus damage equal to enemy’s Maximum Health if the target has no debuff, ignores Armor if target is buffed, gain 50% Critical Damage if the target is debuffed, this attack can’t be Evaded and Zeb gains 10% Turn Meter for each active Phoenix ally.
  • Final Ability Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Stagger them for 1 turn. If the target has no debuffs, this attack deals 100% more damage with bonus damage equal to 20% of the enemies Maximum Health and Stagger can’t be Resisted. If the target is buffed, this attack ignores armor. If the target is debuffed, gain 50% Critical Damage. This attack can’t be Evaded and Zeb gains 10% Turn Meter for each active Phoenix ally.

Chopper - Reckless Fling
  • Omega Upgrade: +10% Cooldown Reduction Chance, and also applies to Droid allies.
  • Final Ability Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and grant a random Phoenix or Droid ally Offense Up, Defense up, or Speed Up at random for 2 turns, with a 60% chance to also reduce that ally’s cooldowns by 1.

Chopper - Maintenance Protocols
  • +4% Heal, +4% Protection; Chopper has a 30% chance to Assist when another Phoenix or Droid ally uses an ability during their turn (this effect is not shared)
  • Final Ability Text: At the start of his turn, Chopper recovers 15% of his Max Health. In addition, whenever he is damaged by an attack, he gains Protection Up (15%) if he doesn't have Protection Up. Additionally, Chopper has a 30% Chance to Assist when another Phoenix or Droid ally uses an ability during their turn (this effect is not shared).

General Strategy
  • If you’re having trouble completing the Phoenix-specific node in Territory Battles try upgrading a few of the new Zetas for a quick boost of power and sustainability.
  • Sabine’s Zeta upgrade on “Demolish” is especially powerful for the Phoenix faction, as the combination of Critical Chance and Offense Up is a rare combination to find in one move.
  • Ezra’s Zeta upgrade on “Flourish” gives him a pseudo burst attack considering he can gain 75% Turn Meter when targeting an enemy without buffs.
  • Kanan’s Zeta upgrade on “Total Defense” now provides a group cleanse for the Phoenix Squad, along with the mechanics to use it much more often.

Hero Synergies
  • The changes to Chopper make him more effective within the Phoenix squad, and also allow him to serve as a useful tank for Droids as he provides buffs and reduces the cooldowns of Droid allies.
  • Ezra is extremely versatile in different teams given he acts as an efficient DPS dealer under both the Jedi and Rebel tags. Also worth pointing out, is that Ezra’s Flourish is described as getting 75% TM, which is true. However, the additional 20% TM he gets under a Hera lead results in him generating 95% TM, which means he gets to go again almost immediately!

Where to Use
  • With their new Zeta Upgrades, the Phoenix faction competes with some of the best teams on the tank phases of HAAT.
  • Phoenix Squad shines in Territory Battles, as they can keep themselves in the fight and get the job done.
  • Phoenix now also provide a quick climber team for Squad Arena, and represent a particularly worthy investment for newer players looking for a good all-around squad.

Replies

• Moved to Strategy.
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Outside of Phoenix Squad, Ezra or Zeb
    In Phoenix Squad I wouldn't know, would say Hera is the least worthy though, Kanan is a team cleanse, Sabine the exposes are great plus extra damage and then Ezra/Zeb provide really good damage too.

Personally I would go with Ezra and Zeb first because of flexibility in them, then Kanan for the cleanse, then Sabine and lastly Hera.

Edit: Ezra first because he is faster than Zeb without Phoenix.
  • I use Ezra on my CLS team right now, and he is amazing. I don't have him Zeta'd yet, but it'll just make Flourish even more fearsome, and almost give him his next turn as well. To me, he's the only one who can function well outside of the full Phoenix Squad.

I haven't seen a fully Zeta'd Phoenix Squad battle yet, and I don't think there are any videos out either, but I would love to see how they match up to the current meta.
  • Dutton
    3 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Oddly enough... thrawn and Ezra together make a team of their own... don’t know if you have thrawn Or not... use Ezra’s “flourish” then his “watch and learn” on thrawn then use thrawns “grand admirals command” on Ezra... it’s is crazy!!! basically four attacks in a row... I mean Ezra uses flourish at the start of this and if the enemy isn’t buffed, then he attacks again due to the turn meter gain along with thrawns assist then thrawn shifts the attack back to Ezra who has his basic left which attacks twice... then more than likely, thrawn will be ready with his turn meter to attack again... it’s huge in the raids!

Actually!!! It’s about 6 attacks if you really count it hahah and it’s ezra who is just as strong as Rey or kylo.. It’s awesome!
  • I have Sabine and Kanan zeta'd. Ezra was my strongest of the Phoenix squad prior to that (I have him at g12) and now he's third and I'm debating a zeta on him.

I chose those two zetas first because they provide better team benefits than the others. Both are awesome, highly recommended (Sabines gives big offensive advantages and Kanan gives big defensive buffs), but I don't think any of them are great for synergies outside of Phoenix.

Not sure if that helps but if you are considering a Phoenix zeta I would look at those two first because they provide better value for the whole team.
  • Sabine's sounds like it would be very helpful in TB, because it can't be countered. Even without Phoenix, on a full rebel (Wedge or Luke lead) you could still get a lot of staggers, and with her high crit chance reduce the cooldowns on her from it.
  • Does anyone know how Zeb's zeta hitting for 20% of enemies health would work against raid bosses?
  • Does anyone know how Zeb's zeta hitting for 20% of enemies health would work against raid bosses?

Raid bosses are immune to % health effects
  • Damba_Ba wrote: »
    Does anyone know how Zeb's zeta hitting for 20% of enemies health would work against raid bosses?

Raid bosses are immune to % health effects

Not immune but like Kylo they take 50 times less I think (0,4% instead of 20% and 0,1% instead of 5%)
  • I have zetas on Sabine (1st) and Zeb (2nd). So far I am really happy with my choices. They help out tremendously in TB. Zeb's special (He is g10 with cd and potency mods) is hitting snowtroopers for 40k. I will zeta Kanan next. I have really come to enjoy my Phoenix squadron.
  • I did Kanan first - not only a cleanse, but adds foresight protection and turn meter gains
    Just did Zeb as my second. And yes, he is doing some crazy hits.
  • For phoenix synergy kanan and sabine. Zeb's zeta doesnt need phoenix to work and ezra is best in a non phoenix team
  • Would this arena team be pretty solid?
    CLS(zLead), zRaid Han, zR2, zKanan and Ezra.

I know there might be better options for a tank with CLS but putting that foresight on Han would keep him alive longer plus it would have Ezra going all the time. Kanan would also either inflict a debuff or give 5% tm whenever he countered. He brings a cleanse to himself and Ezra plus a targeted cleanse on his taunt. I know defense up isn't the best but plus 100% defense, including CLS lead, has to make some difference.

I want to zeta Kanan and Sabine to make all of Phoenix better and would like to make the most of the investment. I also like running something at least a little different that the meta
  • I'd order them this way:

1. Kanan/Sabine
    2. Zeb/Ezra
    3. Hera

If your goal is, to zeta them all:
    If you start with Sabine, follow with Kanan, zeb/ezra
    If you start with Kanan, you can chose, whatever you like most of the top 4.

If you plan on using Phoenix in other squads as well, I'd probably start with Zeb or Ezra.

Then again, if you prefer to use Chopper, you might start with a damage dealer (Sabine, you've probably benched, so Ezra or - crazy enough - Zeb (your tank)).

I don't use Chopper, btw.

• yeah that's the hard part, I like using Chopper cause of his Ability cooldown, dispel, and health gain. Plus, the potential to throw Off+, Def+, or Speed+ on any them is very helpful as well.

All good things to think about though. Probably gonna save up till I have enough to do 2 at once, so the decision is less of an actual decision.
  • SolariJedi wrote: »
    So my question is: of the Five new Zeta's given to Phoenix, what order would you put them in for not only usefulness within P.S. but also synergistically in other squads?
    I wouldn't