What do you consider “successful” in arena

Everything is perspective based of course, but I’m curious what everyone considers successful in arena.

I hear people talking about all the teams they “absolutely destroy”, then find out they are 300 or something.

For me as a FTP I felt good when I was comfortably in the top 50, hanging around 30 with a Sith team. I dropped by about 100 spots within a week of CLS release and have been fighting hard to hang around 100. I feel like it is a failure because of the drop after a very long climb.

So just curious what people on this board consider doing well. I’m sure some will think top 500 while others will think they are only doing well at top 10. Chime in!

Replies

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I consider top 300 successful because I've purposely held back on upgrading my arena team in order to keep GW manageable until my Resistance team is ready. I've managed to stay around 250 despite doing this for a few months now.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    Hm, i consider succesfull top spot means numero uno. Without Cls not easy to do it. I am in top 100. Sometimes 50. I play Empire with team that is still upgrading so I should get to top 20 soon.
  • My average is no 2. I consider successful if my average is 1, but i must respect mutual agreement between my shardmates..so i must rotate my position with others guys with same time payout.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Top 3 in both. F2p, except for the hoth bros pack. Some of what is required is on you - gearing up the characters that work, farming the mods - and some is what you can't control - having an arena shard that will coordinate. I know players that are capable of the top spot, but their shard chat isn't letting new guys into it and they get dropped immediately.

But that's just me personally as well. I have time at the payouts to get to my spot. Some players don't. Players that don't have a very different definition of successful in arena.
  • Capable of hitting first at payout imho
  • Capable of hitting first
  • Top 100, to put it in perspective, I hang around 300-500.
  • Being successful in Arena means hitting and maintaining 1st for your payout without paying for refreshes so you get the maximum possible payout daily without incurring expenses.
  • top 50 for arena, top 100 for fleet for me
  • Top 100 with top 50 possible using a unique squad that isn't meta. I use to use meta squads got so bored I stopped using meta. If I'm not enjoying my arena squad I consider that a failure now. Would prefer being at 300 having fun then top 10 hating every battle.
  • Wow! Lots of number ones around!
  • Just wait until cls comes back, everyone will have him. No one will use anyone else. I mean if you could tm manipulate, debuff, heal, and basic for 30k why use anyone else. How could you use anyone else. #balanced